Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I GUESS I'LL BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT, OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: I GUESS I'LL BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT, OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT
1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*302DROP*

the mayor of vacaville i think.. there was a mayor from a city in the bay area who is black and voted for McCain... he was interviewed on election night on channel 2

Mr302, Not knocking you but who do you thinks Owns, Runs, and controls what people see on Fox? [Big Grin] ......

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who cares what color his skin is, as long as he doesn't try taking my 2A rights and doesn't send a shit load of money to other countries i am fine with him.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1994steeda:
*302DROP*

the mayor of vacaville i think.. there was a mayor from a city in the bay area who is black and voted for McCain... he was interviewed on election night on channel 2

Mr302, Not knocking you but who do you thinks Owns, Runs, and controls what people see on Fox? [Big Grin] ......

I have no clue
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
hey " 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' "

Did you know that by leaving the war we will save "trillions"....

Heres one for everyone..What if Obama what not Black? what if he was Hispanic or Asian, would that be okay. Or should a president only be White?

Are President should be a proud American. [patriot] over 35 years old and born in the United States,and want to do there best to serve the people of this country...all colors.

Thats it people, the only requirments no race no religion no color.

"A older black lady i work with came to work to day and made a good point, She said she remembers marching for the right to even be able to vote 40-45 years ago, and now we have a black president. But you idiots are right(its not that important )"

any of you people ever read a history book around here?

BTW the 15th admendment made it legal for black people to vote in 1870. but allot of states still made it difficult the voter reform act in the 1960's really helped out. So depending on where your office worker lived she could have legaly voted 138 years ago.

[ November 06, 2008, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Heres one for everyone..What if Obama what not Black? what if he was Hispanic or Asian, would that be okay. Or should a president only be White?

Yea we'll save trillions now, then we'll have to go back and spend trillions later after iraq gets taken over by another tyrannous dictator because we didn't finish the job.

And i wouldn't care what color/race/gender obama was, i still wouldn't like him. I agree it is a big deal that we elected the first black president. Hopefully from this point forward we will no longer have to focus on race at all and can concentrate on the candidates themselves. because lets face it, many people voted for obama because he was black. plain and simple. They overlooked everything else about his character and record (or lack of), and the friends he keeps. I for one, hope things do change and change for the better. but right now I'm skeptical about that.

And just so you know, i voted for alan keyes, the other African American candidate on the independent ticket. [patriot]

[ November 06, 2008, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let my words not be twisted please. I did not vote for Obama because he was black, though I fear many did. Which you guys are right is wrong. Hell I was going to vote Hillary until she went bonkers. I never had McCain as my vote due to his stance on education, the war and taxes. I just was not feeling his platform. So for me it is not about color as far as who my vote went to. But... Now that I feel the right man is in the drivers seat and he is black. That is like icing on the cake for me. And it is tremendous for the US. Will it make him a better president? Actually in some ways yes. But I wont get into that, too long of a thread already. And for you guys that do not understand what the significance of this election represents you have to look no further than the civil rights movement. We are not that far removed from where blacks and women could not vote. Hell even drink out of the same water fountain. So from that to a Black President in basically 2 generations is tremendous growth. Not sure how hard that is to understand. And that undeniable has everything to do with color.

And as far as his performance and what will happen. We do not know. All we can do is speculate. But we are already winning with this nomination, magic has already happened. So we are off to a great start with this new president. And it will be really hard to be worse than the Bush administration.

[ November 06, 2008, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
srt-4

You never answered my question.
But then again you did. Just for the simple fact 9 out of 10 Americans 5-10 years ago would have thought it, far-fetched, a pipe dream, too good to be true that we would see a black president today. That is a good reason why this election is so important. Why would the vast majority find it impossible? Far-fetched? hmmmm. I wonder. And for the person that said people voted for him because he was black and that was wrong. Do you not think or speak of the people who didn't vote for him only because he is black? Do you not think that is wrong as well or a door that swings both ways?

Like I said color was not the reason for my vote. And I highly doubt that is the reason he won. People believe in him and his charisma. Now the fact that he is black is a added plus on multiple levels.

[ November 06, 2008, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not gonna lie i voted for him, but i think that him being the first black president helped him in the campaign, we will see if he can do what he promised.

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If we had a black/mexican/asian/indian, queer, woman presidential candidate that stood for the same beliefs as me, I would vote for her. I think it's absurd that a bunch of people were voting for Obama simply because he was black. I'm sure it's been posted here already, but go look it up on youtube - howard stern had interviewed some people and it was obvious that a significant portion of this election had to do with race.

I don't like Obama (I didn't like McCain either for what it's worth) but I wish him the best and hope he doesn't screw America. [patriot]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am a shia muslim and i can trace back my roots to the middle east but even i am sick of having us lives lost in this conflict. the middle east would not be messed up if we would not have gotten involved in the first place. if we leave them alone they will leave us alone.

i hope obama pulls out the troops asap!

It is not america's problem!

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Insurance Dude:
i am a shia muslim and i can trace back my roots to the middle east but even i am sick of having us lives lost in this conflict. the middle east would not be messed up if we would not have gotten involved in the first place. if we leave them alone they will leave us alone.

Amen [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the middle east would not be messed up if we would not have gotten involved in the first place.

are you fu**in serious there has been religious wars going on in the middle east forever.dont blame ALL the problems in the middle east on us.that area of the world will be messed up untill the people over there figure out how to stop killing each other over religion

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
quote:
the middle east would not be messed up if we would not have gotten involved in the first place.

are you fu**in serious there has been religious wars going on in the middle east forever.dont blame ALL the problems in the middle east on us.that area of the world will be messed up untill the people over there figure out how to stop killing each other over religion
What Insurance dude was implementing was that leave them alone and they will leave us alone. Let them deal with their own problems, we have our own problems to worry to deal with.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well maybe he should be more specific because its very easy to take
" the middle east would not be messed up if we would not have gotten involved in the first place."
in the wrong context

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
al stock said it eactly how i ment it.

you are right gtowned about how that area has issues and will always have issues.

but lets not forget that rumsfeld help put sadam in power. and the cia trained bin laden to fight the russians. we created our own biggest enemies. not on purpose but we are directly respoinsable for thier rise to power. its not a big surpise that they turned on us. lets avoid creating our newest enemy!

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
srt-4

But then again you did. Just for the simple fact 9 out of 10 Americans 5-10 years ago would have thought it, far-fetched, a pipe dream, too good to be true that we would see a black president today. That is a good reason why this election is so important. Why would the vast majority find it impossible? Far-fetched? hmmmm. I wonder. And for the person that said people voted for him because he was black and that was wrong. Do you not think or speak of the people who didn't vote for him only because he is black? Do you not think that is wrong as well or a door that swings both ways?

Like I said color was not the reason for my vote. And I highly doubt that is the reason he won. People believe in him and his charisma. Now the fact that he is black is a added plus on multiple levels.

It is true there were probably some who didn't vote for him because he was black, and that is wrong too. I think it's safe to say, though, that a lot more people voted FOR him because of race than voted against him because of race.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
srt-4

It is true there were probably some who didn't vote for him because he was black, and that is wrong too. I think it's safe to say, though, that a lot more people voted FOR him because of race than voted against him because of race.
I agree totally, that far too many made their choice to or not to vote for him based on race. I think far too much was made of the superficial things all through out this campaign. Race, his name, his father, was he born in Hawaii.... Focus on the goods so we can be sure to have the best fit in that seat. In some ways I think McCain cheated himself by focusing on non-campaign related things and a smear campaign. I didn't get to see the real him until his concession speech.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
srt-4

I agree totally, that far too many made their choice to or not to vote for him based on race. I think far too much was made of the superficial things all through out this campaign. Race, his name, his father, was he born in Hawaii.... Focus on the goods so we can be sure to have the best fit in that seat. In some ways I think McCain cheated himself by focusing on non-campaign related things and a smear campaign. I didn't get to see the real him until his concession speech.
McCain lost all points and lost all credibilty from me after Joe The Plumber scandal, after Joe was brought up, McCain's only focus for the next few weeks was Joe The Plumber over and over.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

N8
¯
Member # 6048

What I found funny is when under a independent study. They found Joe the Plumber would come out better under Obama's plan. Plus he had no license to be plumbing where he was at. And is gonna get hit with tax evasion. Why he chose to bring him along I have no clue. It's sad when you see the break down of the popular vote. You can clearly see the generational divide and the shear geographic nature of his wins almost hint of a racial divide of his supporters. Obama clearly bridged all gaps en route to his resounding win.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

Amen [patriot]
So you guys think we should just load everyone up and leave Iraq over night? While you don't agree with us being there we can't just up and walk away until there is a new, stable government in place. Think about how easy it would be for terrorists to walk in, toss out an unstable government and take over that country. With billions of dollars of oil money they could really wage war on us in a catastrophic way. No matter what we need to finish what we started.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
quote:

Amen [patriot]
So you guys think we should just load everyone up and leave Iraq over night? While you don't agree with us being there we can't just up and walk away until there is a new, stable government in place. Think about how easy it would be for terrorists to walk in, toss out an unstable government and take over that country. With billions of dollars of oil money they could really wage war on us in a catastrophic way. No matter what we need to finish what we started.
+1
But there needs to be an exit strategy. but you are right we cant leave this pandora's box open. But we also have to have a clear agenda and exit plan.

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yea we'll save trillions now, then we'll have to go back and spend trillions later after iraq gets taken over by another tyrannous dictator because we didn't finish the job.

Just to clear up any misconception, in case not everyone knows this, but Saddam didn't just appear in Iraq. He was placed into power and supported by our government after we helped him depose the king, who we also placed into power. He just got out of control.

So Iraq probably won't get taken over by any random dictator. Let's all hope that free elections over there will stop history from happening again.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

^^ Wise man above me ^^

A lot of our current wounds are self inflicted to a certain degree.

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
quote:

Amen [patriot]
I agree completely!!

[ November 06, 2008, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com