Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you make over 60K? What job do you have? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Do you make over 60K? What job do you have?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
130k non union carpenTer working state prevailing wage jobs. Trying to get into davis FD

i call bs, no offense but a union carpenter dont even make that with toooons of o/t let alone a scabber lol j/k [Wink]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish i made over 60K!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm an Apprentice Lineman at PG&E, you should look into it, as long as you are not scared of heights or electricity.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah i love my job.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Nah i love my job.

I was talking to the original poster not you.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Nah i love my job.

I was talking to the original poster not you.
lol ok.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bsaleens281:
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
Any police officers on this board?

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

And they I don't see that trade going down the pipe any time soon...

I finished the police academy about a year ago and working to be a reserve officer. I was going to do it full time but honestly from what i have seen it depends where you work. Here in the bay area the pay is good for a police officer. I have a family with 2 kids and I own a home and I would easily take a 50k cut right off the bat to become a full time LEO. It is a great field though and the retirement cant be beaten by any other career except maybe a firefighter.
Yeah, its a great career, what PD do you work for?
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

All you have to have is a clean record, clean piss, clean DMV, 6 months in the academy and bam you get pretty close to 6 figures. Easily over 100k with a little overtime.

[patriot]

Got two family members and two friends, all four been in SFPD for almost a year now and make about 105K salary. Entry was 90K when they started.

Wow, all four started at the same time? Same academy class? Thats awesome.

How old were they when they got recruited?

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't ballpark what I make but I do fit the criteria for this thread.

I'm a mutual fund wholesaler. My territory includes TX, LA, MS, AR, and TN. I deal directly with the advisors, not with the individual clients. Its a very rewarding and challenging field but it does require a fair amount of licensing.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my Masters in Mechanical Engineering and work as a Product Developmen Engineer for a medical device company. I make well over 60k a year

Oh ya my WIFE will be Graduating in 1 year with a PHD in psycology, her start income is over 100K+

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS STAY IN SCHOOL!

[ January 06, 2010, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: NavidR ]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
regardless of what field you're in, to get paid $$$, you need to bust your ass. this means whatever you're doing, you must do it better than the next guy/gal. if they put in tons of hours, you add a few more on top of that. out shining the star will eventually get you where everyone wants to be. there is no such thing as easy money.

where i work now, i don't need a stinking degree. however, i made sure i graduated with a BS. it's going to be there if i ever need to fall back on it. like the others mentioned, make sure you marry someone that works [Wink] .

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We get paid better. Working in napa now for 53 hour 10 hour dAys. Always hAve work and don't pay dues.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
regardless of what field you're in, to get paid $$$, you need to bust your ass. this means whatever you're doing, you must do it better than the next guy/gal. if they put in tons of hours, you add a few more on top of that. out shining the star will eventually get you where everyone wants to be. there is no such thing as easy money.

where i work now, i don't need a stinking degree. however, i made sure i graduated with a BS. it's going to be there if i ever need to fall back on it. like the others mentioned, make sure you marry someone that works [Wink] .

enough said [patriot]
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

most depts. require some kind of degree now too

also hvac is pretty slow right now i recently got laid off and a friend of mine works for carrier(big big company) and he's only averaging 25-30 hour weeks lately

[ January 06, 2010, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: crazy horse ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run a adult entertainment business with 5-6 employees. It's tough dealing with the different personalities, some women are nuts.

I took home 74K last year because of the deuce the economy took. My best year was in 03, I made 89K after business expenses.

I love what I do, it's always fun.

Good luck!
B. Naked

--------------------
"le bout est nu"