Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How to get rid of annoying ads on websites (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How to get rid of annoying ads on websites
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
Fuck off

I'm actually amazed you were able to spell these two words. Keep it up, you're getting much better [Wink]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Fuck off

I'm actually amazed you were able to spell these two words. Keep it up, you're getting much better [Wink]
The OP an you can both go fuck off somewhere else that would be great.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I personally hate all the stupid ads...it makes me want to stop looking at anything on news feeds, youtube etc.

I'm not an internet guru by any means and appreciate the advice on how to get rid of this crap from enjoying my computer. Not sure why you guys are so harsh, don't think he's selling us anything and he's clearly legible and articulate unlike half you dumb dumbs on here.

Because the OP is a cum guzzling cock holster.

[ 2016-03-26, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
What are you planning on saying in your PM's that the government would be using against you? Also, what makes you think that the government is going to sort through the PM's on CAFords?

Thanks for your input. From the original post, it shows the government has already been seizing and sorting posts and PMs from all US forums. I don't have to think they're doing it. Their own internal secret documents say they're doing it.
But I think are looking at the issue backwards. Public figures have no right to violate the security of our communications and seize them. What private citizens say or don't say is none of the business of public officials. It says so in the 4th amendment
quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures
It is the public officials that need to justify searching and seizing our private communications. Private citizens do not need to justify exercising their constitutional rights. This is how rights work. Private citizens do not have to justify exercising their rights.
Who knows what I'm going to say in private messages here. Maybe I'll talk about street racing spots. Maybe I'll talk about speeding on the freeway. Maybe I'll talk about putting a lower sale price on a bill of sale so the car buyer will pay less in DMV taxes. Maybe I'll get tips on finding a good smog shop. Maybe I'll talk to my girlfriend in PMs instead of email so my wife doesn't find out. We all have something to hide. It is why we put locks on our doors, curtains on our windows and passwords on all our accounts.

[ 2016-03-26, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I personally hate all the stupid ads...it makes me want to stop looking at anything on news feeds, youtube etc.

I'm not an internet guru by any means and appreciate the advice on how to get rid of this crap from enjoying my computer. Not sure why you guys are so harsh, don't think he's selling us anything and he's clearly legible and articulate unlike half you dumb dumbs on here.

Thank you. If you want to go more advance you can try the Ghostery plugin --- https://www.ghostery.com/try-us/download-browser-extension/ but it might break some websites. It is also partially closed source, which means you can never fully trust it. You can only trust open source free software.

On a windows computer you can also use Peer Block ---- http://www.peerblock.com/ Under the main window, Protection tab, click on List Manager. Then check the boxes to block Spyware and Advertising.

I didn't mention these two programs at first because they might break some websites and take some getting use to. The plugins in my first post work automatically in the background. Perfect for people that aren't computer wizards.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or want to get rid of other annoyances besides ads on youtube and other sites.

[ 2016-03-26, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
quote:

Thank you. If you want to go more advance you can try the Ghostery plugin --- https://www.ghostery.com/try-us/download-browser-extension/ but it might break some websites. It is also partially closed source, which means you can never fully trust it. You can only trust open source free software.

On a windows computer you can also use Peer Block ---- http://www.peerblock.com/ Under the main window, Protection tab, click on List Manager. Then check to block Spyware and Advertising.

I didn't mention these two programs at first because they might break some websites and take some getting use to. The plugins in my first post work automatically in the background. Perfect for people that aren't computer wizards.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or want to get rid of other annoyances besides ads on youtube and other sites.

Knock Knock...

Whos there?

Go fucking kill yourself.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got an idea...

If you stop posting, the government won't have any data to gather on you!! Hey, I think I'm on to something here.... [Big Grin]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Fuck off

I noticed you put a new pic of yourself, is that because you keep bumping into walls? Trolls have been known do things like that; may I suggest a bubble suit to go with the special helmet.

Didn't you get banned a couple times for trolling...troll?

--------------------

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Fuck off

I noticed you put a new pic of yourself, is that because you keep bumping into walls? Trolls have been known do things like that; may I suggest a bubble suit to go with the special helmet.

Are you OP's fuckbuddy or something?

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Fuck off

Are you one of those guy's to get out of the shower to piss? Seriously???

--------------------

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Fuck off

Are you one of those guy's to get out of the shower to piss? Seriously???
Hey I dont judge, was a legit question. Whatever ho you want to white knight for is your business.

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would prefer to shit in the shower but unfortunately the particles of poop are too big for the drain...

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
I would prefer to shit in the shower but unfortunately the particles of poop are too big for the drain...

You gotta waffle stomp that shit!
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guess you could say this thread went right down the crapper!! [Eek!]

....as with most.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do I use for my iPhone . I don't want to see ads on YouTube also

[ 2016-03-30, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks. I've been wondering how to get rid of all those bullshit ads. I KNOW WHAT I LOOK AT no need to remind me on every site I go on. [BS flag]
Posts: 18535 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
What do I use for my iPhone . I don't want to see ads on YouTube also

Good question. The iphone and other iOS devices are inherrently difficult to block tracking and ads on. Apple products are built from the ground up to track you. Out of the limited iOS options you have try 1Blocker ---- https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1025729002 The basic version of 1Blocker is free. Pro version is $3. For a 100% free and simple iPhone ad blocker try Refine ---- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/safari-blocker/id1011678834?ls=1

These won't work until you go into Settings -> Safari -> Content Blockers and enable the blocker you installed.

Everyone should run ad blockers on their phones. Data plans are expensive and you don't want to spend your bandwidth money downloading ads!

[ 2016-03-30, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Thanks. I've been wondering how to get rid of all those bullshit ads. I KNOW WHAT I LOOK AT no need to remind me on every site I go on. [BS flag]

You are welcome. These advertising companies track you online. The government is lazy, so they just grab a copy of everyone's tracking data from these advertising companies. Unless you like to have all of your digital activity tracked and spied on, run an add blocker!
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

For those of you that insist on using the spyware called Chrome, at least install this plugin put out by one of the Chrome developers to improve your security and privacy. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/palmerized-chrome/ecmhflkoahhjjpddfopclbhiogelneoc?hl=en-US

For the love of god though, ditch Safari and Chrome. Instead use free and open source software like Firefox. Free as in freedom, not free as in zero dollars. This is what Free and open source software means.

[ 2016-04-14, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
For those of you that insist on using the spyware called Chrome, at least install this plugin put out by one of the Chrome developers to improve your security and privacy. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/palmerized-chrome/ecmhflkoahhjjpddfopclbhiogelneoc?hl=en-US

For the love of god though, ditch Safari and Chrome. Instead use free and open source software like Firefox. Free as in freedom, not free as in zero dollars. This is what Free and open source software means.

Go fuck yourself.

[ 2016-04-14, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I stream games and stuff, I use UBlock aswell. Because, when you use ADBlock they give you extra pop ups that say "You've got ADBlock Installed" and make it impossible to watch. However, UBlock seems to work well without being harassed for using it.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Those reprobates at google/Youtube are now rolling out new ads you can't skip --- http://techcrunch.com/2016/04/26/youtube-bumper-ads/ Following the instructions in the first post is becoming even more important. Follow the instructions to keep your data plan costs low. Follow the instructions to keep advertisers from tracking you online. Follow the instructions to not waste your time watching ads you don't want to see. Post here if you need help or have any questions.

[ 2016-05-05, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Those reprobates at google/Youtube are now rolling out new ads you can't skip --- http://techcrunch.com/2016/04/26/youtube-bumper-ads/ Following the instructions in the first post is becoming even more important. Follow the instructions to keep your data plan costs low. Follow the instructions to keep advertisers from tracking you online. Follow the instructions to not waste your time watching ads you don't want to see. Post here if you need help or have any questions.

Fuck off and die.

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

A good reason to go to the first post and install ad blockers on your computer and devices.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/16/major-sites-new-york-times-bbc-ransomware-malvertising

Big news sites like New York Times and BBC served their readers advertisements that secretly installed software that encrypted their reader's files until they paid the criminals money for the unencryption key. Many sites by mistake are serving malware ads that infect your devices. Install ad blockers on all your devices unless you really like ads and think the risk of getting all your documents, songs and pictures encrypted until you pay a randsom fee is worth viewing ads for.

[ 2016-07-11, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Now that Trump signed into law allowing AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and the rest to record your web browsing and sell it, you might want to follow the steps on the first page. It's not a complete fix, but a start. I can offer a complete fix if you'd like.

Who here voted for AT&T, Verizon, Comcast saving, recording and selling your browser history?

Democracy at work. Only for the filthy rich and powerful.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com