Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that track is pretty sick. The best part of the day for me was going for a ride along with Greg (9cobra7), a real good guy that can drive his ass off. Its amazing what a light car with good suspension and a good driver can do. [worship] [worship] Yeah the Cobra will get back on the track, I'm just gonna take a step back and take a break for a while. I'm hoping the block is cracked. Not even 500 miles on the motor and game over. Oh well, watcha going to do. My dad had a blast and thought everybody was real good people. He felt like shit knowing that he messed up 2 mustangs out on 2 tracks in 1 week. Epic FAIL [Eek!] I'm sure he didn't sleep well last night, I know I didn't.

[ April 17, 2011, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that was a good day out, my car was dialed in except for some brake wear at the end of the day. Snakebit, sorry about your motor but glad to hear you'll be out again in the future and didn't throw in the towel because of your misfortune.
Nice pics Sydewayz, lets see some of the next track your at. Your an addict already I can tell. [Wink]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Yeah that was a good day out, my car was dialed in except for some brake wear at the end of the day. Snakebit, sorry about your motor but glad to hear you'll be out again in the future and didn't throw in the towel because of your misfortune.
Nice pics Sydewayz, lets see some of the next track your at. Your an addict already I can tell. [Wink]

Thanks Greg....I have a lot more I still need to sort through and a couple drive-by passes of you going through turns 10-11. I'll email them you in a couple days.

Jay, definitely don't throw in the towel. Like I said yesterday, I could definitely be something smaller than it looks. Just do a complete leak down and compression check to see if it really is the head gasket.You're car was running too good out there to just quit now!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out the pics on bluemilk.com (something like that). I can't til I get off work but they usually take really nice pics. Gotbluemilk or something, there might be a link on th NASA website.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Check out the pics on bluemilk.com (something like that). I can't til I get off work but they usually take really nice pics. Gotbluemilk or something, there might be a link on th NASA website.

I've been checking the site since this morning and the pictures for Saturday and Sunday havent been posted yet...

gotbluemilk.com [patriot]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice to finally put the faces to the screen names [patriot] had a blast and can't wait for the next event. nice seeing and meeting you guys!

i think you're ready for hpde 2, Ian [Big Grin]

jay, don't worry about it so much, i bet it's not gonna be as bad as you think. pushrod engines are a cake so you should be fine [Wink]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

I've been checking the site since this morning and the pictures for Saturday and Sunday havent been posted yet...

gotbluemilk.com [patriot]

I went in the bluemilk trailer and seen all four cars. The pics are expensive but they are sick.

I still can't believe how fast those miata's are on the track. WOW!! I got money they would spank 90 percent of the people on here on a road course.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It just really sucked because I just finished it and wasn't planing and doing it all over so soon. I'm gonna give it a week then I'm pulling that bitch.

[ April 18, 2011, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

pics are posted up on gotbluemilk.com but damn, $90 for a CD?!?!? I still think I'm gonna end up buying it though. This weekend was a memorable one for sure...and its only the beginning [burnout]

[ April 19, 2011, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I'm an instructor, I tell beginners "Your in a passing zone. Check your mirrors. Check your gauges." Over time you'll develop a habit of glancing at the gauges 3-4 times a lap even if you move up to open passing.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
When I'm an instructor, I tell beginners "Your in a passing zone. Check your mirrors. Check your gauges." Over time you'll develop a habit of glancing at the gauges 3-4 times a lap even if you move up to open passing.

Great advise that was never given to your dad skakebit. Pick a spot every lap that you at least check the gauges so what happened to your motor never happens again. There is so much to pay attention to at speed but you need to be consistent and develop the skills early in a racing atmosphere.
I don't know if they mentioned this stuff in HPDE 1 drivers meeting but they should

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

Great advise that was never given to your dad skakebit. Pick a spot every lap that you at least check the gauges so what happened to your motor never happens again. There is so much to pay attention to at speed but you need to be consistent and develop the skills early in a racing atmosphere.
I don't know if they mentioned this stuff in HPDE 1 drivers meeting but they should

Nope, they definitely didn't mention to look at our gauges in the HPDE1/2 meetings. I probably only looked down a couple times per session, when I should've been looking down at least a few times each lap. Thanks for the heads up [patriot]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
quote:

Great advise that was never given to your dad snakebit. Pick a spot every lap that you at least check the gauges so what happened to your motor never happens again. There is so much to pay attention to at speed but you need to be consistent and develop the skills early in a racing atmosphere.

yeah no doubt, but I did remind him before every run "LOOK AT THE GAUGES" but I guess he was pre occupied passing about half the field in HPDE 1 & 2. I will say he was getting down in his last session going late in the corners to hit the delayed apex, passed a lot of people coming out of corners to the straights.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great meeting you guys too. Sorry to hear about your Cobra Jay, Ian your white Cobra was tits. Really love the look of the Saleen setup and yours is very clean.

Those Miatas can be pretty damn fast on track, especially the ones with turbos. Some of them will really blow your doors off.

That dyno at the track gained me 11 rwhp and 15 rwtq. I'm putting down 263hp to the wheels and 294 rwtq. I'm pretty happy with the gain and its running where it should for air/fuel.

Hope to see you guys again at the next event.

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by mtndew98:
Great meeting you guys too. Sorry to hear about your Cobra Jay, Ian your white Cobra was tits. Really love the look of the Saleen setup and yours is very clean.

Those Miatas can be pretty damn fast on track, especially the ones with turbos. Some of them will really blow your doors off.

That dyno at the track gained me 11 rwhp and 15 rwtq. I'm putting down 263hp to the wheels and 294 rwtq. I'm pretty happy with the gain and its running where it should for air/fuel.

Hope to see you guys again at the next event.

Definitely nice meeting you Paul! You're GT is very clean...reminds me of my old yellow 95 GTS. Congrats on getting your a/f ratio dialed in! Your car was looking really clean too! I wish I was able to snap some shots of it while you were on track. You'll definitely be seeing me at more upcoming events [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I posted up some pics if you guys want to check them out:

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=047130

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com