Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
The forecast is looking real nice for this weekend. Looks like 65 - 67 degrees both days.

hell yea! Can't wait! FINALLY finished up my car and it "should" pass tech tomorrow. Now I gotta find some lawn chairs to bring with me [Big Grin]
You won't have any problems with tech, just make sure you got that fire extinguisher locked down. See you out there
Yea, I passed tech today at Precision MOtive in Hayward. They actually sent me home on Monday because my battery was too loose...so I fixed it and they signed me off today. I dont have a fire extinguisher though and I didnt see it on the inspection checklist [Confused]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you don't need a fire extingisher for HPDE. what did they charge you for tech?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:

Tech was free

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't mean to scare you with the extinguisher thing, got NASA mixed up with other groups. Sounds good, your all set.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:

Tech was free
Yup free or $40 at the track.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

last minute question...what tire pressure do you guys recommend on street tires? I'll be running 18" bridgestone RE11's. Thanks!

Jay...you bringing an electric pump by any chance??

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll see you guys there saturday. im in for hpde 2

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:

shit, hell yea!

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
last minute question...what tire pressure do you guys recommend on street tires? I'll be running 18" bridgestone RE11's. Thanks!

Jay...you bringing an electric pump by any chance??

Not sure on those, that is something you'll have to mess with through out the day. Keep in mind that they go up between 4-7 lbs depending on how much pressure you build up (driving style and track temp.)
There will be air for you out there and people will want to help out newbies.

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

shit, hell yea!
i have a little cigarette lighter plug in pump if you need it. i used it at sac raceway for the same thing

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, looks like we got a good group of us going. I'll be there on Friday @ 2 when they open the gates. I want to check out everything the day before and watch some practice. I'm bringing a EZ up with a little table. I have a air pump and battery jump box just in case. Anybody bringing a BBQ? I was thinking about throwing in the full size BBQ but its a lot of work. Anybody got a little propane Webber? I'll bring gas and dawgs. [Big Grin] I have a feeling that our cars our going to need a full detail after this trip. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

[ April 14, 2011, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Nice, looks like we got a good group of us going. I'll be there on Friday @ 2 when they open the gates. I want to check out everything the day before and watch some practice. I'm bringing a EZ up with a little table. I have a air pump and battery jump box just in case. Anybody bringing a BBQ? I was thinking about throwing in the full size BBQ but its a lot of work. Anybody got a little propane Webber? I'll bring gas and dawgs. [Big Grin] I have a feeling that our cars our going to need a full detail after this trip. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

I'll hit you up when I get out there. I doubt i'll make it that early though...
[burnout]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

quote:

i have something to do with my daughter on friday night and won't be able to leave the city till about 10pm [Frown]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

i have something to do with my daughter on friday night and won't be able to leave the city till about 10pm [Frown]
bring her along...im bringing the whole damn family with me hahahah [Big Grin]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

it's a thing at her school. i will bring my 13 year old son though [Wink]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
it's a thing at her school. i will bring my 13 year old son though [Wink]

nice! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Why the hell does the weather say partly rain [Confused]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:

I'm leaving around 1pm friday so I won't make it but I'll see you guys out there Saturday

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Why the hell does the weather say partly rain [Confused]

Thats what I'm saying! I'm not trying to go out my first time in slick conditions [Embarrassed]

According to the hourly forecast on weather.com, it's gonna be showering all day tomorrow up until 10am on saturday...then from there the sun is supposed to come out. Hopefully, since most of us are running hpde1/2, our first session is at 10:45 so hopefully the groups before us are able to dry the track off nicely [burnout]

[ April 15, 2011, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ian do you have a 2 way radio like a Motorola "talkabout" if so bring it. I'm bringing 2, i think they might come in handy.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Ian do you have a 2 way radio like a Motorola "talkabout" if so bring it. I'm bringing 2, i think they might come in handy.

No I dont...

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

We made it. Damn I should have brought a flannel shirt with no sleeves and a mullet wig to fit in.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
We made it. Damn I should have brought a flannel shirt with no sleeves and a mullet wig to fit in.

YEA ME TOO! Gotta love free wifi in this state of the art MOTEL! [Big Grin]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

WOW! What a day that was! One of the funnest days of my life hands down [worship] First time being on the track was awesome for sure! BIG THANKS to the cafords members that contributed to making this day a success...Greg (9cobra7), Jay (snakebit), Jeff, Jeo (S4ohshus), and it was nice meeting you Paul (MtnDew98)!

I learned a hell of a lot and finally realized that those dinky miatas really are bad ass on the track...us muscle backed mustang drivers definitely can't go in there big headed because those small cars will be on your ass [Big Grin]

I have a ton of pictures and a few videos that I'll post up later. Thanks again guys and Jay, don't worry bro, the cobra will be back and ready in no time bro [patriot]

-

-

-

-

-

-
 -

-

-

-

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com