Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Thunder HIll NASA April 16th - 17th
mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be heading out there Friday night for the weekend. I'm in a yellow 98 GT in TTC #40. Look for me out there.

-Paul

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Sunday is a lot better than not getting in at all.

what time does the day usually end? I just dont want to get back late and tired on sunday since I have work and the kids and all that...

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 9cobra7:

what time does the day usually end? I just dont want to get back late and tired on sunday since I have work and the kids and all that... [/QUOTE

Last session out is usually 4:30 but it all depends on how the order goes. If hpde 1 goes out first then your last session will be like 3:30 so you'll go home early.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtndew98:
I'll be heading out there Friday night for the weekend. I'm in a yellow 98 GT in TTC #40. Look for me out there.

-Paul

I'm heading out Friday too (hopefully early) and I'll see you out there. I gotta make reservations for hotel quick

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

-Paul

I'm heading out Friday too (hopefully early) and I'll see you out there. I gotta make reservations for hotel quick
Yup were are leaving early Friday too. See you up there. I sent you a PM of where we are staying. If you want maybe we can park are cars together at the Hotel and block them in with my van.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
quote:

-Paul

Yup were are leaving early Friday too. See you up there. I sent you a PM of where we are staying. If you want maybe we can park are cars together at the Hotel and block them in with my van.
It's Willows, not the east bay.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in!!!! Saturday HPDE1 [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] I kept checking the page and refreshing it all day today and it finally showed up as available! I'm in there! I'm juiced!!! [burnout]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice!

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

congrats

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Hey how much camber are you guys running?

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:

I'm going to get an alignment this weekend and probably run street settings since it's my first time out [Confused]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:

Mines 2.5 but mine is a track only car. Roger Kraus Racing in Hayward can set it up for you. They've done mine before and tell them you want a street/track setup so you don't have to keep going back for a new alignment.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

just booked my hotel. I'll be staying with you guys too!

--------------------

mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

what time does the day usually end? I just dont want to get back late and tired on sunday since I have work and the kids and all that...
They posted the schedule for the weekend here:

This is information regarding the April 16-17 date at Thunderhill Raceway.

Schedule:

http://www.nasanorcal.com/events2011/apl/schedule.pdf

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:

Schedule:

thanks bro! Watch out for me (newb [Big Grin] ) in the white Faleen #770 HPDE1 [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Schedule:

thanks bro! Watch out for me (newb [Big Grin] ) in the white Faleen #770 HPDE1 [Whoo Whooooo!]
Hell yeah man. Do you have a video camera? We should try to get you to run in front of my dad because I just got done with the dash mount for my camera. It turned out pretty sick. I removed the clock pod and made a custom bracket that bolts to the dash using the existing holes. I will also be holding another video camera on the side of the track. I'm also bringing a couple of different camera's. We will have plenty of pics and video.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Schedule:

Hell yeah man. Do you have a video camera? We should try to get you to run in front of my dad because I just got done with the dash mount for my camera. It turned out pretty sick. I removed the clock pod and made a custom bracket that bolts to the dash using the existing holes. I will also be holding another video camera on the side of the track. I'm also bringing a couple of different camera's. We will have plenty of pics and video.
Nice! Yea I have a little HD modal Zi8...like the Flip. I plan to mount it on the inside of my windshield if I can find the bolt for my mount/holder.

I'll try to get in front of your dad...but does anyone know how they choose the order of vehicles?

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA has a really good program but a few years of "20 minute track session, wait two hours" got a bit old for me.

There are other alternatives when you're ready.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
NASA has a really good program but a few years of "20 minute track session, wait two hours" got a bit old for me.

There are other alternatives when you're ready.

please do share [Big Grin] I'm always open to other organizations as long as they fit into my schedule.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

If you go out together in a group then you will be able to drive together. NASA is cool because you get to watch open tracking as well as real races like CMC, AI, AIX, spec Miatas etc. I think this time it's bmw's and Porsche series. Nasa packs a lot into a wekkend that's for sure.
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Generally the average track time for a club event is 1:45 to 2 hours. 1:45 for clubs that have 4 run groups, 2 hours for 3 run groups. Weekend events tend to be higher priced than weekdays.

Clubs I've run with....

Hooked On Driving http://www.hookedondriving.com/

Very good beginner program, usually 4 run groups but one of the more expensive clubs.

Trackmasters http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

Good beginner program, 3 and/or 4 run groups depending on the event. One of the lowest priced.

NCRC http://www.ncracing.org/

The lowest price. 4 run groups so it's 1 hour, 45 minutes of run time. No formal beginner program.

YPTD http://www.yourprivatetrackday.com/

Very good beginner program. 3 run groups. Limited number of events. More expensive.

Speed Ventures http://www.speedventures.com/

Mostly run in SoCal with some events up here. Moderate price, good beginner program.

Shelby Club http://www.norcal-saac.org/ot/otdate.htm

No formal beginner program. 3 run groups. Moderate price. More restrictive for advance group drivers (no passing in turns).

Beyond those there are the marquee based clubs (ie BMW, Lotus, Miata, etc). Some are only for that brand (like Porsche club) but most allow any type of car and a lot of them are reasonably priced. Most offer some form of instruction for beginners.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Thanks SteveL...I'll look into their schedule of events and see if I can sign up for some [patriot]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

The forecast is looking real nice for this weekend. Looks like 65 - 67 degrees both days.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
The forecast is looking real nice for this weekend. Looks like 65 - 67 degrees both days.

hell yea! Can't wait! FINALLY finished up my car and it "should" pass tech tomorrow. Now I gotta find some lawn chairs to bring with me [Big Grin]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:

hell yea! Can't wait! FINALLY finished up my car and it "should" pass tech tomorrow. Now I gotta find some lawn chairs to bring with me [Big Grin]
You won't have any problems with tech, just make sure you got that fire extinguisher locked down. See you out there

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com