Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Trick flow top end or s trim (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Trick flow top end or s trim
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
S-trim at 10lbs would be my choice....had both combos before and the s-trim on stock parts was a better car to drive and was slightly faster on the street...

for the money though...

http://www.on3performance.com/mustang5.html

do this on a stock bottom end and have a sleeper that makes 400-450RW, drives like stock, and you'll have less money into it than an HCI/Strim setup...

how much does that kit go for???

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
base kit from them is $1500...thats just the kit and no fuel, MAF, tuning, etc...you'll;; have about $2500-2800 into it with basic items and tuning...a little over $3K with lots of extra conveniences like turbo blanket, y-pipe, oil filter relocation...and some others...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my opinion its not worth it...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:

Hahaha try to find another way to make that power cheaper than that....

I havent even seen nitrous cars make the kind of power that turbogt did with a scab turbo kit.

Good luck man.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

might be time to pick another hobby [Wink] .
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

when you get your HCI/ S-Trim car...you can line it up against an HCI - Turbo car....then we'll see what it is worth...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

when you get your HCI/ S-Trim car...you can line it up against an HCI - Turbo car....then we'll see what it is worth...
Sweet! You guys BOTH running badass GT40 heads?

--------------------

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Imma say this once again, I just want a nice pavement pounder.. Im not trying to smoke everyone that pulls up nxt to me at a light, that would be boring... I can promise u this, you will NOT beat me all the time and you Will respect my s trim and my GT 40s..now get off my thread with that bs.. [burnout]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Imma say this once again, I just want a nice pavement pounder.. Im not trying to smoke everyone that pulls up nxt to me at a light, that would be boring... I can promise u this, you will NOT beat me all the time and you Will respect my s trim and my GT 40s..now get off my thread with that bs.. [burnout]

Stock motor with a turbo will probably beat you with your strim and gt40s...

My setup?...I will beat you ALL the time...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
quote:

Sweet! You guys BOTH running badass GT40 heads?
Yeah...I'm running gt40s...made by afr and ported to oblivion....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

Happy to get off your thread. Facts are facts and take it from someone that builds these things all the time if you want a "pavement" pounder then look for something other than GT40s unless you truly are going to add BOOST to the equation.

Later tater.

--------------------

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ohhh I wasnt reffering to "iron heads"

--------------------

Thugnificent

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Ohhh I wasnt reffering to "iron heads"

I dont really care what heads you are referring to.

You want a pavement pounder just use the stock decent running motor you probably still have in your car and bolt on a nice lil turbo kit.

Itll make more than enough power to make your block a pile of scrap metal and then you can build you a real motor with a real block and a real top end.

Once you have had a few combos, like I have, and played with about 50 of these cars like I have,,, you will start to see where Im comin from.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TURBO>Blower>HCI>Stock

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Damn... Started to get a lil hostile on this thread... No hard feelings folks!! Lol [patriot]

--------------------

Thugnificent

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i wouldnt buy an s trim..that on3 kit is a great deal..and what i like the most is you make more power with less boost..no power robbed from the power it takes to turn the supercharger..and not to mention there isnt any sideload on the crankshaft...i have seen quite a few crank snouts fly off..not that it will happen to you..jus sayin..turbocharge it [Whoo Whooooo!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJsYuAMnjU

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
lol i wouldnt buy an s trim..that on3 kit is a great deal..and what i like the most is you make more power with less boost..no power robbed from the power it takes to turn the supercharger..and not to mention there isnt any sideload on the crankshaft...i have seen quite a few crank snouts fly off..not that it will happen to you..jus sayin..turbocharge it [Whoo Whooooo!]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJsYuAMnjU

I so get wat ur saying... But one thing that matters to me is the smog legal stuff..

--------------------

Thugnificent

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S-trims, quick, easy and smog legal. Get a meth kit like mentioned before.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Have you decided on what to do?????

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:

Yeah im gonna get an strim on the stock bottom end.. I had the money to buy a complete kit, but some thungs came up that had to be taking car of first.. You know how it is some times... But eventually im gonna get a 408 block(aftermarket stroker) with sime afr heads, performer 2intake and and boost the hell out of it...maybe 18 psi or so... The problem is I dnt know what tranny to go with... I really wanna stay automatic...

--------------------

Thugnificent

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yeah im gonna get an strim on the stock bottom end.. I had the money to buy a complete kit, but some thungs came up that had to be taking car of first.. You know how it is some times... But eventually im gonna get a 408 block(aftermarket stroker) with sime afr heads, performer 2intake and and boost the hell out of it...maybe 18 psi or so... The problem is I dnt know what tranny to go with... I really wanna stay automatic...
Powerglide! Transbrake with 4k stall [burnout]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
quote:

lol.. it will be in daily drivability form.. it might see track time 3 maybe 4 times a year... Im thinkin about doing a t56, or t5 swap just bcuz they are fun to drive... the reason i wanna stay automatic right now is bcuz this my daily driver and is the only car i have at the moment...

--------------------

Thugnificent

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
quote:
quote:

lol.. it will be in daily drivability form.. it might see track time 3 maybe 4 times a year... Im thinkin about doing a t56, or t5 swap just bcuz they are fun to drive... the reason i wanna stay automatic right now is bcuz this my daily driver and is the only car i have at the moment...
Put the s trim on it for now and later on down the road maybe H/C/I and it will be a stout little car.

Dan

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
trick flow , then a blower later

not on the stock block...if getting an aftermarket block then by all means...

i say get the blower or turbo....

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will be fine on a stock block. Ran boosted for years 302 then 331 same block. It is still good.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com