Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cam swap (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: cam swap
MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Those are decent heads man don't let people mislead you.

Those heads plus some boost and or nitrous will destroy that stock block.

There are people well into the 9s with GT40 heads.

i'll probably squeez a 50shot or so.....
PUSSY... [Wink]

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think of the three cam you chose to buy. It isn't going to matter to much they will give you simular results. I would chose the comp because I run the XE274hr in my 331 and I love it. The XE cams have a very good rep.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt any other opinions

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the comp you inquired about is a 35-351-8 or 270HR with a 114 LSA which works great with injection and should make great vaccume, another choice is a 35-324-8 or 270HR which is the same cam with a narrower 112 LSA which will work good with a stick and is designed specifically for 1.7 rockers, yet another choice if you are thinking of juice is a 35-552-8 or NX264HR which is designed for a 75-100 shot of juice, it has a 114LSA and will give you about a .542 lift with your 1.7 rockers, I would recommend one step bigger with a 35-556-8 but ex. lift would come out to .600 which I don't think you can handle with your current set up.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im thinking of goin with the tfs

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At least you have the correct springs for it already. good luck

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Thirteen Twenty:
F8LSN8K your post has officially been hijacked.
[dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

yup [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

so what fuckin cam should i get! [Confused] [Mad] [Embarrassed]

save up a little more money and get some good aluminum heads and a custom cam from Hi tech. Almost anything will be better than that E cam you got

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

I told him to get heads in the first response. [Confused]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

the diffrence between ecam and tf cam is pratically nothing.. i would go with the comp.... oh and yea on the pussy part lol...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I told him to get heads in the first response. [Confused]

i wish....later, no $$$

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:

the diffrence between ecam and tf cam is pratically nothing.. i would go with the comp.... oh and yea on the pussy part lol...
i say it should be a signifact difference.

Ecam 220/220 498/498

TFS1 221/225 499/510 lsa 112

the comp is 218/224 512/512 lsa114

the tfs has more duration than the comp and the comp doesnt have all that much more lift.

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

the duration numbers can be very missleading. If you ran both cams on a degree wheel I bet there is more duration on the comp cam at almost every check point. Meaning .200 lift and so on. FYI

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the duration numbers can be very missleading. If you ran both cams on a degree wheel I bet there is more duration on the comp cam at almost every check point. Meaning .200 lift and so on. FYI

I agree, the extreme lobes are some of the best in the industry right now, with greatly designed opening and closing ramps, in other words it's not about total lift but how fast you reach that lift and how long you stay there, also the 1.7 rockers only add to the speed of these lobes, benefiting greater, it's your money but after seeing nearly all the responses in favor of the comp, I wonder why you're still considering the tfs [Confused]
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahahahaha looks like 2stangs has turned over a new leaf and followed the foot steps of yours truly!!!! I knew my resolution would have effect on peeps! He used to argue with you and he even threatened to kick your ass. But now he's trying to help you go faster and save you money in the long run. And overall he's been more helpful here on cafords. All I gotta say is gooooooood boyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Oh, and comp cam FTW!!!!

[ February 13, 2008, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
hahahahahaha looks like 2stangs has turned over a new leaf and followed the foot steps of yours truly!!!! I knew my resolution would have effect on peeps! He used to argue with you and he even threatened to kick your ass. But now he's trying to help you go faster and save you money in the long run. And overall he's been more helpful here on cafords. All I gotta say is gooooooood boyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Oh, and comp cam FTW!!!!

+1 in a better saying way. he aint too bad, i dont even know him. dont know why i was talkin shit, maybe cuz everyone else was and i was bored. so my bad mike [patriot]

[ February 13, 2008, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was actually wondering the same thing. so comp cam is better? i want a stage 2 cam though, i already am running the e-cam

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
think im going the b-cam route

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

quote:
Originally posted by badazlx:
think im going the b-cam route

I ran the b cam in a gt40 crate engine and it was like an on off switch at 4grand, pulled alright but nothing great until 4k then wham! felt like I down shifted. This was with 3.08 gears. It did take me up around 175-180 out on I-5 though
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

Oh, and comp cam FTW!!!!

+1 in a better saying way. he aint too bad, i dont even know him. dont know why i was talkin shit, maybe cuz everyone else was and i was bored. so my bad mike [patriot]
Well I'm glad that I could be a good example for him. Someone he could look up to and someone for him to try and be like. He sure was a stubborn one but I knew he'd come around sooner or later. That big ole teddy bear!!!

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

lol is it just killing you that you can't goat me? I look up to you like Shaq looks up to Spud Web.

[ February 13, 2008, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
lol is it just killing you that you can't goat me? I look up to you like Shack looks up to Spud Web.

Nope sorry grandpa! I told you I was turning over a new leaf in 2008 and then I told you to act your age and do the same. And now I see that you have which is good! I'm giving you a compliment for once I'm not trying to goat you. And its spelled ShaQ not with a CK. LOL. Unless you are talking about the place you live in????

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

fuck off, your a fag , go away

[ February 13, 2008, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
fuck off, your a fag , go away

you're not your

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

you got the point.

[ February 14, 2008, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

n2o347cobra
Member # 8208

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for n2o347cobra  Ford pictures for n2o347cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont wast your money on the tfs-1 cam .i had a 94 cobra with a e cam and swaped it out for a tfs cam and did not pick up any thing at the track i hade the same set up.but i had a tfs track heat intake with a 125 dry shot and ran 11.80s all day then i put the tfs nitrous system with a 150 shot and went 11.50s so just spend the money on a nitrous kit.......and i give mike 2

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com