Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Half Moon Bay show and cruise Sep 27th (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Half Moon Bay show and cruise Sep 27th
CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLAUS  Ford pictures for CLAUS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing being taken personally, just letting Brian know that he made a mistake and to try to fix it for next time. He didn't try to sneek out, but he also didn't wait when he saw everyone wasn't leaving. No hard feelings, I'm sure he'll take care of it next time.

Though Sawson still didn't take a picture of the most impressive engine there. Not mine but my close friends, simply because of personal problems with him. That was done intentionally!

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

IF MY MUSTANG WON'T BEAT YOU
NORMAN'S WILL!!

special thanks: Chris Molinari

Posts: 156 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is the most impressive engine there and who has it?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:
Originally posted by VortechSaleen:
quote:
btw....who had the black drop saleen/cobra in fremont? I'm not big on drops, but my utmost respect goes out to that thing. Such an amazing car. [worship]

Thanks for the comment [worship] I appreciate it.
wait...didn't you used to have a newer white blown saleen with some chrome wheels as well? If you do...I fucking hate you. [patriot]
Ya, that's me....but it's long gone.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
Well it is unfortunate that you guys got left behind-but I think you need to look at the whole situation. Could Brian have been a little more thorough in making sure everyone was ready to leave? Sure-in hindsight. I'm sure after this he will.

The big thing is that you seem to take it personally as if Brian went out of his way to sneak off without you guys and that is not the case. If he did, I could see being very angry. But in this case it was just an oversite that will be made sure the same mistake is not made twice. So yes it was unfortunate for you guess, but keep in mind it wasn't intentional.

well said [Smile]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:

-

Harold's car has the most horsepower and was the fastest one there.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, well said Kevin. Everyone knows us Ford guys stick together and help eachother out. Sounds like there was just some miscommunication that happened, which is completely understandable in a large group of people.
Speaking up at the time of the event or privately contacting those envolved afterwards and pointing out the problem and suggesting solutions would have been the proper and progressive thing to do. Making a fake account and throwing needless insults 24 hours afterwards is the immature, nonprogressive and unconstructive thing to do. No one gains using this method. These events are fun. They're designed to be fun. Lets keep the fun spirit alive [patriot]

[ September 28, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

87TSi
Member # 3327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87TSi  Ford pictures for 87TSi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks to Teddy for invitin' me out and the rest of y'all for lettin' me roll with you guys, it was pretty damn cool. => Between the whiny superchargers and the exhaust setups, it sounded like a day at the track.
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:

-

Except when he is running 91 octane, then he's owned by me! MMMMmmmmuuuuuhhaahaaaaaa

[Razz]

Seriously -Harold's car is incredible and well done. When he's on race gas I don't think anyone there that day could beat him up to 150mph

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Except when he is running 91 octane, then he's owned by me! MMMMmmmmuuuuuhhaahaaaaaa

[Razz]

Seriously -Harold's car is incredible and well done. When he's on race gas I don't think anyone there that day could beat him up to 150mph

LMAO!!! Hey kev, your car is cool too! If that makes you feel better!

See ya at the gym,
John

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLAUS  Ford pictures for CLAUS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Mr. Paintjob was there with his 67 Coupe.

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

NORMAN'S WILL!!

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

quote:
Originally posted by IRISH:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
[qb] what is the most impressive engine there and who has it?

-

[Razz]

Mr. Paintjob was there and I would say he could beat them to 150 and probably to 190 (o/d). He ran low 11s untuned at the track. When he gets it tuned who knows, but he has a timeslip for 11.12 at 123. I think his car was the fastest one there, though I could be wrong.

[ September 29, 2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: CLAUS ]

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

NORMAN'S WILL!!

Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87TSi:
Thanks to Teddy for invitin' me out and the rest of y'all for lettin' me roll with you guys, it was pretty damn cool. => Between the whiny superchargers and the exhaust setups, it sounded like a day at the track.

Eric, is that you? [Smile]

TeddyTiger

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
94DOHC
Member # 1765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94DOHC  Ford pictures for 94DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
yes for sure!!!! i had a 20 out to pay for the people behind me, and the lady waved me threw saying someone already payed!

Random acts of kindness should be exposed. That was cool to whoever payed. I owe you one. [patriot]

That was cool of the person to pay for a bunch of people. That's a CAFORDS_LOVER right there
[worship] [patriot]

I am just glad I didn't need the money to pay for a speeding ticket on the bridge [burnout]

--------------------
It's just a 94GT (with a bad alternator bearing)

Teddy Tiger
¯
Member # 2473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teddy Tiger  Ford pictures for Teddy Tiger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just some randome musings to throw out here.

Okay, the CHP having to run a traffic break on 92 was pretty embarassing, while I wasn't caught in it because I was behind Matt (9Cobra8), to see it happen and hear about it wasn't all great.

I think we all could ahave been a bit more civilized on the freeways, after all, a friend of mine pointed out that it's *much* more impressive watching a whole line of nice Mustangs all running down the freeway or surface roads. (The surface roads seemed to go well, especially on 92 back to 35, and on 35 as well). Sure we all got fast, powerful cars, and we'd love to show them off, but save that for the show & shine. We're all adults here, revving is one thing, taking off like a bat out of hell from the tollbooths was another...

Brian, you're a great cruise leader, I think next time, we should all just stick together, and show off in a big line of cars all cruising down the road and freeway like the old hot rods do.

As for the lunch thing, I'm sure it was all a mistake that a bunch of people made, not just Brian, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to leave everyone in the dust, I think he was just thinking of stopping up there to take a cruise break and bathroom break from driving up Skyline. Oh well, C'est la vie.

I'm sure we'll have a more definate and pretty set plan for lunch on our next Show & Shine cruise, and if anyone wants to eat elsewhere, then they're free to, just don't bitch at the rest of us.

So...those are my thoughts, you're free to agree, add to this, or berate me, I don't care.

See you in a couple weeks, all!

(Also will be posting this on the Foster's Freeze show topic.)

Nick Radonich

--------------------
2008 Mustang GT 'Premium'
Vista Blue Metallic
Interior Upgrade, Comfort Group
Charcoal Leather Interior
Shaker 500 Stereo

Posts: 167 | From: Lafayette, California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Razz]

Whoops, forgot about the dual power adder mopar there [Eek!] It should be a good run from a roll between you two since Harold has the advantage from a stop. His 4.6L ran 127mph with the stock motor+blower with only octane booster and 91 octane though.
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now that harold has the ol auto and I still row my own(quite badly I might add) if Harold hooks. He would take me off the line. My only hope is he would run 91 as he said he has about 450 rwhp or so. On 91 I probably am at about 575 to 580. I have not tried race gas yet but with only 5 psi I doubt I could get much more than 620 with advance timing. Also my launching is real hard as full boost is at 2000 rpm so unless I have my et streets on I will have a hard time modulating traction at launch. I think the centrifical is really nice for street as there is not much on the bottom meaning fairly good traction with big power as you start to move.

Still if Harold dials it up to the 670rwhp or so it will be tough to beat. I would have to spray to keep up with him.

I might take him on a roll on street tires if we went to 150 as aerodynamics would help me. Plus I know when Harold taps the gas on 91 octane he breaks loose and swing out some. Once I am going over 20 my car doesn't spin the tires through any of the gears. it just hooks and goes straight all the way up.

In my opinion with race gas and racing tires I still think Harolds car was the quickest out there for drag racing. Low 10's for sure. maybe 9's.
[worship]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so no pics of harolds car because....

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aslowdodge- Who knows. It should be a good race none the less. Only one way to know the outcome for sure [Big Grin]

jeep- Because you didn't look hard enough.

92CamaroZ28
¯
Member # 1347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92CamaroZ28  Ford pictures for 92CamaroZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Big Grin] [burnout]
392rebel65
¯
Member # 3305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 392rebel65  Ford pictures for 392rebel65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant belive someone actually took a picture of my car [Big Grin] i feel honored, and mine would be the oldest one there...but one of the cleanest ( under the hood atlesat haha ) i had a great time, and i will actually go on the next cruise instead of just hanging arround lol. I also got a picture of the back of my head ( how exciting! ) and who was there alone with me for like 30 minutes before anyone showed up from palo alto also? next time we can go down to a cruise together!

[ September 30, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: rebel ]

elude
Member # 1307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for elude  Ford pictures for elude    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crazy mustang guys [Smile] I was just driving down the road when i saw a steady blur of mustangs going by. Was cool to meet up with everyone! I thought the supercharged to non supercharged ratio among the mustangs was rather impressive!!

--------------------
Got Boost?

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

quote:
so no pics of harolds car because....

Pics of everyones car, no pics of Mr. Paintjob's car because Sawson doesn't like him.

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

NORMAN'S WILL!!

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Wondering if Harold got his car tuned yet.

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

NORMAN'S WILL!!

CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Probably my last post, SWANSON is kicking me off this website.

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

NORMAN'S WILL!!

92CamaroZ28
¯
Member # 1347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92CamaroZ28  Ford pictures for 92CamaroZ28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 02, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Redsupra400hp ]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com