Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » howies gtg. every friday! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: howies gtg. every friday!
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess none of you guys are going to the big show at knotts?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish i could. but its to far for me and i have school the next day. even if i wasn't at howie's every friday, i couldn't go.

btw-it was a kool little meet on friday. they didn't hold there official meet because of the weather but we got about 6 mustangs or so up there. the weather is iffy again this week (4/12). hopefully it will cooperate and not rain.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Ruben ]

Posts: 113 | From: Concord, Ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruben  Ford pictures for Ruben  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:

Where is Skipolinis?

Skipolini's is in downtown Clayton, alot of nice cars show up on a hot summer nights (Wednesdays only though).

--------------------
"If you can't intrigue them with brilliance,baffle them with bullshit"(TB)

http://www.cafords.com/images/shows/11_17_02/DSC01336.JPG
The Red One

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is it close to? and is it on clayton road? thats farther than howies but might be worth checking out.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

MikeySBF
¯
Member # 865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeySBF  Ford pictures for MikeySBF  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might roll the dodge up there one of these nights
Posts: 371 | From: East bay, cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Ruben
¯
Member # 1088

quote:
Originally posted by flatacid:
what is it close to? and is it on clayton road? thats farther than howies but might be worth checking out.

"Skip's" Is on Main street in Downtown Clayton (Main is only 2 blocks long) Follow Clayton Road (towards Marsh Creek) until you see Main Street sign, it's about 1.5 miles from Ygnacio Valley Road. I'll post again when the official flyer is posted at Skip's.

[ April 11, 2002, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Ruben ]

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell ya. thats pretty close to me. close enough to check out every other week. [Smile] .how long do those meets last?

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone going this friday? 4/12

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm there dude

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

im always there. weather permitting. [Smile]

4/12-weathers looking perfect. low 70's but might have some clouds. this should go to pretty late tomorrow. i'll be there by 5pm. maybe 4:30 depends how long it takes to wash/dry my car.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, look out for me in a black mustang on stock pony wheels. it'll be my first time out there, later

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Jahde
¯
Member # 1113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jahde  Ford pictures for Jahde  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was at howies last week. saw stoplight warrior and some other folks there. it was cool to talk to the owners of the big block 'cudas.

i thought the L(T)(S)1 crowd was pretty ghetto fabulous, save for the brand new yellow pontiac that was there.

i was being purposefully non-judgemental about the 3 or so chevies that were lined up. i did my best to ignore the painted interior pieces, and the wide array of unnecessary guages, especially the boost guage in a nitrous car... then i asked one of the owners which car of the three (they were in the same club, according to the matching windshield banners) was the fastest... and the guy acted like he was just too fucking cool to answer the question.

riiiight. whatever. i guess you have to be a sideshow champion to come close to measuring up.

anyone else familiar with this element of the scene?

[ April 11, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Jahde ]

--------------------
89gt, peep game:
http://www.crankflex.com/pix/jahde/MustangPics

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jahde:
i was at howies last week. saw stoplight warrior and some other folks there. it was cool to talk to the owners of the big block 'cudas.

i thought the L(T)(S)1 crowd was pretty ghetto fabulous, save for the brand new yellow pontiac that was there.

i was being purposefully non-judgemental about the 3 or so chevies that were lined up. i did my best to ignore the painted interior pieces, and the wide array of unnecessary guages, especially the boost guage in a nitrous car... then i asked one of the owners which car of the three (they were in the same club, according to the matching windshield banners) was the fastest... and the guy acted like he was just too fucking cool to answer the question.

riiiight. whatever. i guess you have to be a sideshow champion to come close to measuring up.

anyone else familiar with this element of the scene?

Hey what's up. You were the one with the blown GT right? That was a sick ride. Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but some of those F-body guys were kinda sketchy. Not all, but some. I won't be able to make it back out there for a couple weeks, but I look forward to seeing all you guys out there as the weather improves, and the days get longer.
Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so far it sounds like we might have an even better stang turnout then last week if everyone from last week shows up to. that dude in the yellow firebird was a total mullet master!! those other guys were complete pricks, i guess they are to insecure.

--------------------
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jahde:

TOO FUNNY! I can exactly picture these cars and owners the way you describe them!
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

the 2 with the older f-bodys (the z28 and the formula), they like to talk alot of shit. i met jesse (z28) and hes not a bad guy though. the one with the mullet, he thinks hes above everyone there. i guess you have to own a c5 and a 2002 se transam to hang w/ him.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

i'm gonna mulletbird, and cut his mullet off while he sleeps so no other firebird owners will talk to him. [Smile] [patriot]

--------------------

Jahde
¯
Member # 1113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jahde  Ford pictures for Jahde  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the trouble with cocky fuckers with mullets is that they're so pathetically confused that i feel guilty about making fun of them.

lets just forget that the poor bastard looks in the mirror every morning and combs that mullet like he's making sweet love to it... he also thinks that installing 50 feet of matching yellow conduit to the engine impresses people. he's probably the typical "vette owner" type that smirks if you want to run on the freeway with no traffic around... but then will turn right around and brag that noone can touch his pristine ride because its "so bad" <---- notice that the terminology matches the hairdo... oh yes, this guy's stuck in the '80's.

did anyone see him pull up? was he blasting "Money for nothing"?

hey streetlight, thanks for the compliments... you should try to make it out there today, even if you cant bring your car. hey, last week, did you ever walk over to that white formula and see the video that they were watching? the guy had his camcorder plugged into the in-dash LCD screen and they were all watching footage of him completely burning off a brand new set of tires. from full tread to steel cords.

can someone tell me what i'm missing here? i can sorta understand swingin' a 'nut or two, or watching a bunch of cars get smokey... but to waste an entire set of tires? it makes less sense than watching golf.

whoever else is going, see ya there...

--------------------
89gt, peep game:

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The funny thing Jahde is one of those idiots told my brother that he would not race him cause my brothers car was "too slow". He didnt even ask or know what it ran/runs.

By the way this is Dan Starkey.

You stopped by asking about building a motor ....you thought you might need one built....Matty sent you my way.

Good to see you on here.

Clean car, once again [Smile]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be out there today...

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Jahde
¯
Member # 1113

ohhh... wow. small world. yeah, i remember who you are. did you ever get that last message i left you? i explained that the problem with my current engine wasnt a piston skirt, not even a busted rocker... it was a loose header pipe. tight enough to seal to the head, but loose enough to bang on the starter or the bellhousing or something, and the "bang,bang,bang" had me thinking something was seriously screwed inside.

anyway, tightened it up, and she's been fine ever since.

i should have recognized that motor in your sig =)

see yall later

--------------------
89gt, peep game:

GRNBNDT
¯
Member # 1090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRNBNDT  Ford pictures for GRNBNDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where the hell is this place at?????? Any directions????

--------------------
00 GREEN GT 5SPD
TWO CHAMBER FLOWS 3' TIPS
3.73 GEARS
20" X0 BLUNTS (255/35/20)
20% GRN REFLECT TINTED WINDOWS
BILLET GRILLE
2 12' KICKER L7'S
1000.A2 ROCKFORD SUB AMP
BOSTON PRO INSIDES
800.A4 4 CHANNEL ROCKFORD AMP

Posts: 29 | From: Redwood City | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

quote:
Originally posted by GRNBNDT:
Where the hell is this place at?????? Any directions????

Email me at Dr.farthing@iwon.com, I'll give you all the info.
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

it was a pretty large meeting this friday. i got pics. i only took the stangs. http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/pickalbum?flatacid
click on the link that says "howies 2002".

jahde-that mullet guy. funny you should mention it. he owns an almost brand new c5 vette. its got stickers on it like the trans am has. both of them are autos. hes thinking about getting another vette but people who shit talk, they don't matter. what time did you wind up leaving? this is kevin w/ that 2tone red gt. not the blown one, the stock one. i think i met you.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com