Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » seems drew is too busy to update the list (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: seems drew is too busy to update the list
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't care how fast your car is or how many people you bump down the list. To me, an N/A, full weight, 18" drag radial car that runs mid to high 10's is way more impressive than a double power adder, slicked and caged light weight that runs less than a second quicker. Sorry, just my personal thoughts.

[ May 19, 2007, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And I don't believe I misunderstood all your comments. While you are correct that you didn't question his integrity... my mistake... I simply gave a good reason or two why he's not updating the list every other day. The guy is busy. Busy people have to prioritize things as a function of time management. Not all of us have the time to post multiple threads complaining about our times being updated.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nobody can talk sh*t about drew's GT. not only does it run 10's without any power adder or slicks but it sounds unbelievable and looks extremely clean. its a car done right plain and simple.

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
I don't care how fast your car is or how many people you bump down the list. To me, an N/A, full weight, 18" drag radial car that runs mid to high 10's is way more impressive than a double power adder, slicked and caged light weight that runs less than a second quicker. Sorry, just my personal thoughts.

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lock this POS thread up! I can see exactly why Drew is'nt updating the list. Quick 65 why don't You just wait till You get some real #'s for the car before You push Your way onto the list? If I had a dart block with a YSI trim & nitrous and had'nt broken out of the 10's yet I would have My head buried in the sand! Shit I raced a guy in a fox last year "Norcal event" in the stockblock class +1 power adder final's and He was running 10.2-10.3's all day long with a 302 and a small blower! Now to Me getting more done with less like this guy or Drew are doing is something to be proud of.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick65  Ford pictures for Quick65  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys are all cracked out. do you really think i ran the car at this boost level and with nitrous on a pass and only went 10.0???? you guys need to wake the fuck up...matter of fact, don't wake up and just bring some money to the table in two weeks.
and for the record, my neighbor has a sorry ass n/a 347 in a '92 lx that ran 10.7 on his first trip to the track with drag radials. but there is thousands of dollars difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.0 car. ask anyone that goes 10.0 or faster.

[ May 20, 2007, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Quick65 ]

--------------------
steve morris racing 348ci, trickflow heads, F2, fast xfi, powerglide.

Posts: 317 | From: antelope, ca. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Lock this POS thread up!

AND get rid of Quick [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actualy some people just turn the bottle on [Wink] so 2.5 pounds of NOS at 4.00 dollars a pound 10 bucks [Big Grin]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quick65:
you guys are all cracked out. do you really think i ran the car at this boost level and with nitrous on a pass and only went 10.0???? you guys need to wake the fuck up...matter of fact, don't wake up and just bring some money to the table in two weeks.
and for the record, my neighbor has a sorry ass n/a 347 in a '92 lx that ran 10.7 on his first trip to the track with drag radials. but there is thousands of dollars difference between a 10.5 car and a 10.0 car. ask anyone that goes 10.0 or faster.

If You would read My post slowly You will realize that I said "wait till You get some REAL #'s for Your combo before You rush Your way onto the list"! What if drew updates the list today and You go out in 2 week's and run a 1/2 second or even a second quicker, then You are going to ber riding His ass again to update the list. I said "I can see why Drew is'nt updating the list" because You are trying to push Him into updating it because that is what You want, but He only does it 2-5 rimes a year for a reson and that reason is'nt because 1 person is higher than Him or His customer's. Honestly I am pretty sure I have seen Your car at the track in the past and it is a killer combo and I don't think anyone one is doubting that it will go faster. You just need to chill out and not be a newbie coming on here trying to take on a long time well respected member that is maintain's this list on His free time. Like I have been trying to tell You just kick back and let it take it's natural course [Wink] . It will probably only benefit You to wait a couple week's before the update anyway rite?

--------------------

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick65  Ford pictures for Quick65  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i see your point. my interest in getting on the board was based simply on being in the top of the pack. weather or not i was in 3rd, 4th, or even 5th was of negligable importance. the fact that i wasn't in 40th was what was rewarding. and as far as waiting till next time out...i think all of you will agree that driving a 40+ year old car that makes this much power is the equivelent of a ticking time bomb. taking for granted the success or completion of future passes would be ignorant condsidering how hard the car is on parts, it's age, and my limited driving experience. i take it day by day and am just proud to say it was a 6 cylinder when i bought it and i built it from the ground up.

--------------------

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

"ome people just turn the bottle on" what a joke. most people that run 10.5 or slower are running on the edge of their part's capability, and adding squeeze would generaly result in block or rotating assembly damage. it's when you step up to 10.0 or faster that an aftermarket block is deemed worth the investment.

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
i see your point. my interest in getting on the board was based simply on being in the top of the pack. weather or not i was in 3rd, 4th, or even 5th was of negligable importance. the fact that i wasn't in 40th was what was rewarding.

Damn We are back to this again [Frown] . Once again it seem's the main reason You are here is to be on the list instead of the main reason the rest of Us are here "because we enjoy being member's on this site and attending the event's put on by this site". I also think You are reading the list the wrong way. It can be more impressive to be HIGHER on the list with LESS mdification's or money thrown at the car, To be honest I could put together a list of part's and purchase them and move rite toward's the top but that would'nt neccesarily gain Me the respect of the people that really know what is going on here, and I am not claiming to be one of those people but I am trying to learn and contribute to this site to become more competent and help those that might know less than I do about mustang's. I honestley look forward to seeing You at the track and seeing Your shit preform. I will be in the measily low 11 to high 10 second white notch with prostar's.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
"ome people just turn the bottle on" what a joke. most people that run 10.5 or slower are running on the edge of their part's capability, and adding squeeze would generaly result in block or rotating assembly damage. it's when you step up to 10.0 or faster that an aftermarket block is deemed worth the investment.

No, the joke is your fragile self-esteem and inability to comprehend simple statements. Speaking of statements, pretty bold to state folks are runnin' ragged if they run 10.5's.

You must be new.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

i was hoping your turd driving ass was going to chime in. johnBslow. i heard of your monster 10.8's the other weekend. lol. don't even talk in my direction.

that being said...
this board's members, in opinion, is largely comprised of folks that have almost zero clue as to the mechanics of gasoline engines. of course, there are exceptions. and i think the "fast" list is a clear representation of this fact. none the less, i am glad to interact with all of you, as there is always something to be learned from each and every person. but as far as gaining the respect of other members...i could really give two shits if the next mother fucker respected or dispised my car, or even me for that matter. how many of you can open any magazine on the rack and flip to the feature car and honestly say that your shit is cleaner and has better parts? so, i'm not here asking for anyone's approval. matter of fact, there are very few car's in the pictures forum that i would even consider owning.
but to each their own. i love you all.

[ May 20, 2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Quick65 ]

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
i was hoping your turd driving ass was going to chime in. johnBslow. i heard of your monster 10.8's the other weekend. lol. don't even talk in my direction.

that being said...
this board's members, in opinion, is largely comprised of folks that have almost zero clue as to the mechanics of gasoline engines. of course, there are exceptions. and i think the "fast" list is a clear representation of this fact. none the less, i am glad to interact with all of you, as there is always something to be learned from each and every person. but as far as gaining the respect of other members...i could really give two shits if the next mother fucker respected or dispised my car, or even me for that matter. how many of you can open any magazine on the rack and flip to the feature car and honestly say that your shit is cleaner and has better parts? so, i'm not here asking for anyone's approval. matter of fact, there are very few car's in the pictures forum that i would even consider owning.

If You don't want any respect from the people here and We are all idiot's who drive piles of shit then Why the do You want to be on the list so bad that You would make multiple post's reguarding the subject [Confused] ?

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:

that being said...

Just go away quietely. No one cares about you and we won't update the list from a member who is a prick and ever one of his posts is a bitch session about his car getting on THE list. You don't care about the list, it's members etc, SO JUST LEAVE. I mean, if you are on everyones nuts here by all means stay and bitch some more.

Guess we'll see by what you choose to do.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Actually, it was 10.43@142.6...but I didn't feel the need to toot my horn.

Tell you what, I'll give you the option. You can either leave or I can assist your departure. Want me to throw a few MPH your way to help your efforts? Oh no, wait...you'll just run it like it's meant to be run and drop low-9 passes everywhere. Run what I've run on 8psi and then you've got room to brag. Until then, continue to stroke your ego.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

i said 80% of the ca ford's members are n ot exactly race car builders by any stretch of the imagination.
as far as going fast, my last set up was a 331 with an s-trim that went 10.2 @ 134 with 12psi.
so john, let's hear the roll call of all your hott ass parts. to me, going as fast as i can was not as important as having all the name brand shit. hell, i'm sure there are junkyard motors that would give us all a run for our money. i wasn't trying to build the fastest car in the world, i was trying to buy the parts that i felt were the most desireable. the fact that i have no idea how to make it all work together only take little away from the impressiveness of the car on paper, in print, or in real world driving. matter of fact, ask robert from california mustang club how many times he's been beat, then ask him on that one occasion that it did happen, how badly did the little black mustang embarrass his patriot headed, aftermarket cams, stage 8 whipple, 1999 silver saleen just the other day (while i was on my way to winco for grocerys by the way).
anyways, let's just stop all the drama. if i don't know you in person, i'm sure i'll meet you one day or another. but i'm pretty sure when we do meet, it won't be because i ran up and was jockin your shit.

--------------------

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

look guys, this is getting way out of hand. go race your rockets and i'll go play in my tonka truck. it's over. there is nothing to gain by continuing this rediculous banter. i'm sure i got my cynical point across to drew and that was the only intention of this thread.
prove you're the bigger man and just don't even respond to this. just leave it alone. it's done. and what isn't settled, can be settled at the track.

[ May 20, 2007, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Quick65 ]

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

I know You are waiting for a response so here goes. CHILL OUT homie. You got a little "worked" and probably said some shit You did'nt want "or mean" to say. If You really don't care about this site then move on and don't look back. If You want to be part of the herd then just get in line and suck it up and admit You were wrong! This site is'nt the most sophisticated spot on the net but it has some good people on here who have 2 thing's in common we all "or mosly" live in nor cal or have in the past. 2 We all love mustang's. Some are more fortunate than other's "financialy" and can afford their dream car's & other's are doing the best they can with what they have, so show some respect to those who don't have the fund's or the knowledge to put their dream car together YET. I'm sure at some point You were flippin burger's or pumping gas and there was some asshole that shit on Your parade, do You want to be that asshole?

--------------------

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

for the record, i'm 34 years old and the most money i have made in any one given fiscal year was $16,000. so it's not like i'm some doctor or lawyer. i'm sure lots of people have $40k+ invested in their cars.
as far as saying i appologize...well, i'm sure i was the author of several "heat of the moment" replys. but as far as fords go...hell, i know chevy's are king. my ideal ride is a back-halfed, blown big block, '67 chevelle ss. but how unique would that be??? so i figured i would do my best at building a one of a kind ford car that exhibited the modern technology that most old school chevy owner's think is some sort of black voodoo. and by getting comments from the chevy guys that approach me almost daily saying "man i don't even like fords, but this is one bad ass mustang", i know i succeeded in my goal. i mean, let's face it, fords are fucking junk when it comes to making hp/dollar spent.

--------------------

Quick65
¯
Member # 6153

and look, it didn't take but 19 minutes before someone was not ok with just letting the subject rest. let's try again, shall we?

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
and look, it didn't take but 19 minutes before someone was not ok with just letting the subject rest. let's try again, shall we?

Fucking practice what you preach! You're the little boy who must have the last word and say when enough is enough........

--------------------

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott when do you plan on taking your car to the track for some times?
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
matter of fact, don't wake up and just bring some money to the table in two weeks.
an

phil a apparantley He has asked Us all to join Him for a get together in two week's [patriot] Oh shit I was'nt invited to post in this thread anymore so sorry Quick65 [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com