Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Numbers are in for the 06GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Numbers are in for the 06GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tires are in [Cool]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where did you get the tires and how much are they charging you?

Do you have or know of anyone that has a stock proportioning valve for a disk front drum rear Mustang. My rear brakes don't work and I suspect the proportioning valve. I am going to change the master cylinder first, since I can still buy those.

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if we were planing to race on the 8th then i can't go. Just found out today that i have a two day presentation on Nov 6-8th. hitting the freeway after 2:40 from hayward is just asking for trouble.
I'll be there this wednesday, the 1st. We could race in two days since you already got your tires.
Let me know Don.
[patriot]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I WIN! Jersey wusses out so I WIN!!!

I have 17" tires, but no wheels....... Cannot go regardless until the 8th, as I said a few times.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I WIN! Jersey wusses out so I WIN!!!

I have 17" tires, but no wheels....... Cannot go regardless until the 8th, as I said a few times.

you little biatch.. i'm not backing out.. i just can't leave class early because i'll be the one conducting class those two days. [Frown]
Haha.. screw it. i'll be there.. late, very late.... but i'll be there.. can't give you an easy win.

[Wink]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR JERSEY [Whoo Whooooo!]

Craig, I got them off Ebay for $340 "shipped!" I ordered them over the telephone on Thursday afternoon and they were at my doorstep today!

[ October 30, 2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Nice, so now I call Weld back regarding the wheels and the guy on the phone says, "You know these cannot be driven on the street AT ALL right? They are made to go straight down the track and are not rated to handle corners AT ALL."

Now I have to find 17" wheels for this car that are light.........

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What wheels did you get? Also what type of tire are you going to use? I ran alumastars, prostars, draglites and bogarts. I've also used just about every slick or drag radial out there. Just wondering what combo you are going with.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
91 droptop
¯
Member # 6260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 droptop  Ford pictures for 91 droptop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all of your cars are slow . craig why dont you bring your dads truck out and smoke them all ha ha ha
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 91 droptop:
all of your cars are slow . craig why dont you bring your dads truck out and smoke them all ha ha ha

With my tires I'll be faster than you Barry [Wink]

Already have the same MPH [Big Grin]

--------------------

91 droptop
¯
Member # 6260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 droptop  Ford pictures for 91 droptop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was on a 12.80 run and lost a head gasket and still ran a 13.011 at 105 .when i seen the steam i let off and then i thought the damage is done and got back ioto it. don did you see that last run when it let go i pulled a 1.866 60 foot
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I did. I told you that you have a 12 second run in that car tonight, you just had to launch it higher. See [Wink]

HOOKED AND WENT [burnout]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it doesn't rain on the 8th I'll be out there but I'll be driving my Dodge Dakota truck. The Mach1 is still in stock trim because I had to take it in for warranty (new tranny again).

Jersey, if you get there too late to line up with Don in a time trial there is always the Thanksgiving weekend event. The track prep and air is always better on the weekend. Although, these last two Wednesdays at the track have been really fast conditions due to no wind and good air.

Jersey, maybe you should give your car a quick tune up too. Synthetic motor oil, new plugs and gap them correctly. Don won't need a fresh tune up since his car is brand-spankin'-new!! It doesn't really matter who wins as long as you beat the Camaro's [Big Grin]

I raced a 2002 Camaro SS with gears, cam, heads,intake, stickies, exhaust and 150 wet nitrous, in a time trial a while back. I was in my Mach1 with gears, CAI, stickies, exhaust (stock headers) and I completely annihilated him. I treed him, got a better 60ft and a better ET. I ran a 12.58@107 to his 13.03@112 (have video). He had a faster car but screwed that run up after he told me he was going easily beat me. His best run that night was only in the 12.40's... pretty sad since my engine is stock and I ran a 12.41 with it. Chalk one up for Ford. [patriot]

It was also pretty sweet taking out the 2007 Shelby GT500 last week in my truck!

Hope to see you guys at the track next week.

Good luck to both of you.

[ November 04, 2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ron, if it doesn't rain you need to race the Mach 1 in stock trim. We can see how it does compared to Don's 06. It will still be in the 12's.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

That'll be cool. I couldn't get the wheels in time so I'll be on the stock 235's again.

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't get a chance to get stuff done on the mustang. But I'll be out there in the wrx!

[ November 06, 2006, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
If it doesn't rain on the 8th I'll be out there but I'll be driving my Dodge Dakota truck. The Mach1 is still in stock trim because I had to take it in for warranty (new tranny again).

Jersey, if you get there too late to line up with Don in a time trial there is always the Thanksgiving weekend event. The track prep and air is always better on the weekend. Although, these last two Wednesdays at the track have been really fast conditions due to no wind and good air.

Jersey, maybe you should give your car a quick tune up too. Synthetic motor oil, new plugs and gap them correctly. Don won't need a fresh tune up since his car is brand-spankin'-new!! It doesn't really matter who wins as long as you beat the Camaro's [Big Grin]

I raced a 2002 Camaro SS with gears, cam, heads,intake, stickies, exhaust and 150 wet nitrous, in a time trial a while back. I was in my Mach1 with gears, CAI, stickies, exhaust (stock headers) and I completely annihilated him. I treed him, got a better 60ft and a better ET. I ran a 12.58@107 to his 13.03@112 (have video). He had a faster car but screwed that run up after he told me he was going easily beat me. His best run that night was only in the 12.40's... pretty sad since my engine is stock and I ran a 12.41 with it. Chalk one up for Ford. [patriot]

It was also pretty sweet taking out the 2007 Shelby GT500 last week in my truck!

I'm ill.. it's very likely that i won't make it. not to race anyway... depends on how i feel, i might just cruise and take my time and pick some tires up from Don's house.
Today i've felt like shit. i feel weak all over.. can't even keep my eyes open.. maybe it's the damn medicine..haha.
I'll do my best. i have 1 day to kick the flu's ass.. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:

I'm ill.. it's very likely that i won't make it. not to race anyway... depends on how i feel, i might just cruise and take my time and pick some tires up from Don's house.
Today i've felt like shit. i feel weak all over.. can't even keep my eyes open.. maybe it's the damn medicine..haha.
I'll do my best. i have 1 day to kick the flu's ass.. [patriot]

Have Craig race your car against Don If your still feeling like shit! [Wink]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Damn you guys! I am finally getting back out there and I was looking forward to watching your battle. Don, borrow Tony's wheels. Will they fit an 06? I am sure Tony will rent them to you for $50.

Jersey, get your sick ass out there and run the car. Just don't talk to me because I don't want to get sick.

I will be running the 93. I am going to try and make a couple last smokey runs down the track before I pull the motor. Hopefully I wont have to get towed home! I took it out for a quick blast Sunday night and the dipstick pushed out about 6 inches and blasted oil all over the place. I still need to clean it up. I took the zip tie off that I had holding the dipstick in so I could add oil. It felt slow, so I don't know if it will hit the 11's. My ET Streets are really bald, so they may not let me run them.

See you there,
Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Looks like Brad and Martin will be gone tomorrow afternoon which means I'll need to be at work...............

Yes Jersey yes, you win............

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Looks like Brad and Martin will be gone tomorrow afternoon which means I'll need to be at work...............

Yes Jersey yes, you win............

I WON!!! that's right! you all heard it. [Wink]
I'll go .. just cause i wanna get Craig sick. he's been talking to much smack [Razz]
I'll try to be there and atleast get one pass.. I need to see what the car is capable of...

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Goodluck Jersey [patriot]
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Don, I am very disappointed in you. Work, what the hell is wrong with you! You need to leave early and get that 06 out there. I have been wanting to check it out and see you run it down the track!

Stop screwing around on the internet, get your work done early, and then head out there.

Jersey, you may want to re-think the getting me sick part. If you get me sick, and I get my two kids sick, I can guarantee you that my Wife will hunt you down. Just kidding, she will just kill me. She is already pissed at me spending time and money on the car, so if I come back from the track sick, it will be all over for Craig.

Anyway, the air should be good tonight. However, I took my car out last night for a quick run and I was not getting all my boost. The belt must be slipping, but that damn thing is super tight. It may have gotten oil on it when I raced an 03 Cobra the other night and I didn't have my dipstick zip tied in and it shot out 6 inches and spit oil everywhere. Did I mention that I need a new motor!

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Don, I am very disappointed in you. Work, what the hell is wrong with you! You need to leave early and get that 06 out there. I have been wanting to check it out and see you run it down the track!

Stop screwing around on the internet, get your work done early, and then head out there.

Jersey, you may want to re-think the getting me sick part. If you get me sick, and I get my two kids sick, I can guarantee you that my Wife will hunt you down. Just kidding, she will just kill me. She is already pissed at me spending time and money on the car, so if I come back from the track sick, it will be all over for Craig.

Anyway, the air should be good tonight. However, I took my car out last night for a quick run and I was not getting all my boost. The belt must be slipping, but that damn thing is super tight. It may have gotten oil on it when I raced an 03 Cobra the other night and I didn't have my dipstick zip tied in and it shot out 6 inches and spit oil everywhere. Did I mention that I need a new motor!

Craig

[patriot]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:

Craig

guess i'll be there early today.
My presentation was canceled.
[patriot]
I have an exhaust leak.. we'll see how much that affects my performance.

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com