Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Numbers are in for the 06GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Numbers are in for the 06GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With this car it's guaranteed I won't put the bottle on it. I don't want to ventilate the block.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jersey,

I know it is a different vehicle. I have just been wanting to show you that clip. Your car was an auto, but you had the 4.10's and a shift kit. Before that mod, I would have beaten you!

Anyway, don't feel bad. You beat me. The guy that should feel bad is the guy in the 70 Chevelle SS with the modified 396 that I actually beat. He had ET Streets on the back and skinny's on the front. Now this is funny! This was another time trial so we got the light at the same time. Forgive the poor filming because I was driving and filming at the same time. It was a little more difficult to do from the left lane.

ExpvsSS

I think that I am going to have to go out and watch this race. It should be pretty close! I'll race the winner.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The funniest part is the owner had let Jersey drive the SS that run [Eek!]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
The funniest part is the owner had let Jersey drive the SS that run [Eek!]

BS.. Mr 2.1s on slicks.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Hey Jersey,

I know it is a different vehicle. I have just been wanting to show you that clip. Your car was an auto, but you had the 4.10's and a shift kit. Before that mod, I would have beaten you!

Anyway, don't feel bad. You beat me. The guy that should feel bad is the guy in the 70 Chevelle SS with the modified 396 that I actually beat. He had ET Streets on the back and skinny's on the front. Now this is funny! This was another time trial so we got the light at the same time. Forgive the poor filming because I was driving and filming at the same time. It was a little more difficult to do from the left lane.

ExpvsSS

I think that I am going to have to go out and watch this race. It should be pretty close! I'll race the winner.

Craig

no worries craig.. [Big Grin]
I totally forgot you had that clip.. do u still have the original? could you please email it to me if you do? Jmir018@aol.com

Don you better beat me now.... you are bs'ing too much
I'm actually looking forward to it now.. i'll be picking up my new exhaust later today [Wink]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Here's a pic of the Weld wheels I'm getting. Going skinny in the front for weight!

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_0611_body_kit_buyers_guide/photo_47.html

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

can't wait Don..
I picked up the exhaust tonight..
Should be fun..
do u wanna go .. one race takes all.. or two races..
cuase i want the right lane.

[ October 28, 2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

1 race. You can have the left lane, I prefer the right lane. IT'S ON [burnout]

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
1 race. You can have the left lane, I prefer the right lane. IT'S ON [burnout]

I WANT the right lane.. let's flip a coin
[Big Grin]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

You post editing pussy

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
You post editing pussy

[Big Grin]
dude.. i wanna beat you so bad now.. AND i bet you continue talking shit afterwards... [patriot]

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

And the bitch ass excuses begin:

JMir018 [10:33 P.M.]: you have a BRAND NEW CAR..
JMir018 [10:34 P.M.]: i have a 10 year old car with 125k +miles.
JMir018 [10:34 P.M.]: i know you will win

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
And the bitch ass excuses begin:

JMir018 [10:33 P.M.]: you have a BRAND NEW CAR..
JMir018 [10:34 P.M.]: i have a 10 year old car with 125k +miles.
JMir018 [10:34 P.M.]: i know you will win

haha.. nice editing job [Roll Eyes]
you should win.. i just want to shut you up. [Big Grin]
easier said than done though.
thanks for the link.

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I sware to god on my son, those are the exact way you typed those quotes.

Either way, it'll be fun!

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
I sware to god on my son, those are the exact way you typed those quotes.

Either way, it'll be fun!

Don don't get your son involved.
i'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
=(

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel for you Jersey... The video was un-called for! My Dad's little PT Cruiser with a 2.4L will suck up my cousins Explorer so he shouldn't rub it in that he almost beat your Mustang. I've been watching your times coming down each time you are out there so you can shut all of them up by showing them your tail lights in the quarter!!

Don, I was very impressed with your car and your times... Good job! I have been dissapointed in the new 3 valve cars I've seen at the track. I'm glad someone who knows how to drive finally showed everyone what they can do.

You should get RPM to pay for some of your mods besides the dyno tuning because it's good advertisement. Just put an RPM sticker on the window or something.

I'll be driving my Dakota again next week because my Mach1 is getting a new tranny, again! I'm not impressed with the Tremec 3650's at all.

Don, I never got my Mach into the twelves with the street tires. The best I could do was a 13.11 @ 106. I had a K&N filter on it at the time with welded in flowmasters. Those were my only mods. I put a set of BFG drag radials on it with the same set up and finally got into the twelves with a best of 12.86 @ 105.99. I'm guessing your car has about 200 more pounds over mine so I'm guessing 12.9's with sticky tires. I was only getting low 1.9's to high 1.8's with the BFG's (I did not like those tires at all). I never ran my car with the ET Sreets and the stock gearing because I was afraid I would break the rear-end.

Sorry for being long winded. I can't wait to see your 12 second run... good luck!

-Ron

[ October 28, 2006, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Pony:
I feel for you Jersey... The video was un-called for! My Dad's little PT Cruiser with a 2.4L will suck up my cousins Explorer so he shouldn't rub it in that he almost beat your Mustang. I've been watching your times coming down each time you are out there so you can shut all of them up by showing then your tail lights in the quarter!!

Don, I was very impressed with your car and your times... Good job! I have been dissapointed in the new 3 valve cars I've seen at the track. I'm glad someone who knows how to drive finally showed everyone what they can do.

You should get RPM to pay for some of your mods besides the dyno tuning because it's good advertisement. Just put an RPM sticker on the window or something.

I'll be driving my Dakota again next week because my Mach1 is getting a new tranny, again! I'm not impressed with the Tremec 3650's at all.

Don, I never got my Mach into the twelves with the street tires. The best I could do was a 13.11 @ 106. I had a K&N filter on it at the time with welded in flowmasters. Those were my only mods. I put a set of BFG drag radials on it with the same set up and finally got into the twelves with a best of 12.86 @ 105.99. I'm guessing your car has about 200 more pounds over mine so I'm guessing 12.9's with sticky tires. I was only getting low 1.9's to high 1.8's with the BFG's (I did not like those tires at all). I never ran my car with the ET Sreets and the stock gearing because I was afraid I would break the rear-end.

Sorry for being long winded. I can't wait to see your 12 second run... good luck!

-Ron

Hey Ron..
Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah.. no worries..
Me and Don are bs'ing.. atleast i'm.
hope to break into the 12s too..
you think the exhaust will give me that much? from 13.29.. almost 30s.. to the 12.99s?
Can't really get better on the 60s.. car won't go faster than 1.79s after i dropped the car.. worst mod ever...

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
no worries..
Me and Don are bs'ing..

[burnout] Always [burnout]

--------------------

Mach1Pony
¯
Member # 5435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach1Pony  Ford pictures for Mach1Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Hey Ron..
Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah.. no worries..
Me and Don are bs'ing.. atleast i'm.
hope to break into the 12s too..
you think the exhaust will give me that much? from 13.29.. almost 30s.. to the 12.99s?
Can't really get better on the 60s.. car won't go faster than 1.79s after i dropped the car.. worst mod ever... [/QB]

I know we are all just BS'n, I'm just playing along too. We are all friends so we are aloud to bust each others chops.. right? I especially like giving my cousin a hard time (ha, ha)

Jersey, My exhaust mod gave me as much ET gain as my 4:30 rear end did. I was very surprised. When I put the off-road H-pipe and Magnaflow cat-back on it gave me on average 2 tenths and 2 mph. If you can pull off a low 1.7 with the exhaust mods you will be damn close to the 12's. The beginning and end of the season are the best conditions for trying to get your quickest ET's. Last Wednedsday was a really fast night. I got my second best time in my truck and I had a passenger!

Good luck on your quest to the 12's!! It's funny how much money and time people spend to get somewhere 1/2 of second quicker (ha, ha).

[ October 28, 2006, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Mach1Pony ]

--------------------
2003 DSG Mach1 Mustang - 12.41 @ 109 mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ron, you have to get out to the track for the event on the 8th! I need another witness to the beat down Jersey will take in his poor Cobra [Cool]

"Quest for 12's"

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I was also amazed that out of the 3 other new GT's at the track last Wednesday the fastest one went 14.2 @ 98.9 [Eek!]

I even had a heavier car then they all did.

--------------------

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Ron, you have to get out to the track for the event on the 8th! I need another witness to the beat down Jersey will take in his poor Cobra [Cool]

"Quest for 12's"

[Big Grin]
haha..
exhaust is now on and ready to go. [Wink]

Jersey= [burnout]
Don= [Eek!] + [Frown] and the typical [Roll Eyes]

[ October 29, 2006, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, I am starting to feel bad for Jersey. My money is on Jersey!

Jersey, go over to Vince's house and pick up his dry nitrous kit. That way you will have a little advantage over Don if you need it.

Also, you will beat him to the finish line for sure if you leave on the 1st yellow!

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
Okay, I am starting to feel bad for Jersey. My money is on Jersey!

Jersey, go over to Vince's house and pick up his dry nitrous kit. That way you will have a little advantage over Don if you need it.

Also, you will beat him to the finish line for sure if you leave on the 1st yellow!

Craig

thanks craig.
[Roll Eyes]
Don't feel bad for me.. i don't feel bad for you. [Roll Eyes]
if you really wanted to help.. you wouldn't be give me those tips out here in the open..
Thanks anyway. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
=(

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

There is one other option to make sure that your car cross the line first.

Let me drive!

Ha ha. I'm sorry. With all the sh## talking going on I just had to say it.

Good luck to both. Hopefully you will both touch the 12's when you race eachother.

Jersey, you should go out this week and practice with your new setup. If you are in the 13's then you know who to visit before the final race.

If you guys don't hit the 12's, go out on one of the weekend events and you will. Not only will your 60ft time be quicker because they VHT the track, but your speed will be higher as well. I don't know what it is about the morning air, but the cars are always faster. Ron ran 109mph on a weekend and I think 107mph is his fastest on a Wednesday. I ran 120mph on the last weekend event I raced at and a month or so later I was only running 117mph on the Wednesday events.

Craig

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com