Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » termi shortblock 2v build. (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: termi shortblock 2v build.
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vortek01gt:
quote:
Originally posted by MR. STALLION:
quote:
quote:
Nice work....we just completed a build on a 2V as well. Same color as yours actually. It's a 2001.
The owner somehow grenaded the stock motor and seized it. No oil was found in the engine when we tore it down. Checkout the video.

We went with:
MMR 900 shortblock(8:5.1)
Trick Flow 195 Heads
Stage 2 MMR Blower Cams
Kenne Bell 2.8Mammoth(18lbs on 93)
ID 1000's
BBK Longtubes
TCI Built SSF Trans
Moser Spool & Axles

BMS: 600hp 2V

Damn that's a pretty cool build. How did you guys like the TF 195 race heads? Always thought it would be cool to get a set of those but thought it would be a lil overkill for my setup....and I couldn't afford them lol.
They actually worked well.....and honestly the real reason we went with these is because the 185's were on backorder and we could not get them. When the car was towed into the shop for this build....it had the 185's on it.
A shop that will remain nameless had installed them 6months prior, and the motor seized up on the customer.
In the vid you can see what we found when taking the motor out.
Metal went completely thru the entir motor, damaging the cam journals, so a new set of heads were mandatory.
Tried to get another set of 185's but none were available....the only thing out was the RACE 195's, and only 1 head was built. We had to wait a month to get the second one.
But they worked out GREAT....along with a set of MMR Blower Cams.

Down the line we're going to run E85 with this car and see how it responds....it's already set up for it, as you see the customer spared no dime in this build, the very best of everything.

-

Dang that sucks. Seems odd tho, i was under the impression that the trickflow cam journals were replaceable.

It made some great power on 93, curious what it will put down on e85. Are you gonna spin the blower any harder on e85?

They are replaceable
[Confused]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nice work....we just completed a build on a 2V as well. Same color as yours actually. It's a 2001.
The owner somehow grenaded the stock motor and seized it. No oil was found in the engine when we tore it down. Checkout the video.

We went with:
Trick Flow 195 Heads
Stage 2 MMR Blower Cams
ID 1000's
BBK Longtubes
TCI Built SSF Trans
Moser Spool & Axles

Damn that's a pretty cool build. How did you guys like the TF 195 race heads? Always thought it would be cool to get a set of those but thought it would be a lil overkill for my setup....and I couldn't afford them lol.
They actually worked well.....and honestly the real reason we went with these is because the 185's were on backorder and we could not get them. When the car was towed into the shop for this build....it had the 185's on it.
A shop that will remain nameless had installed them 6months prior, and the motor seized up on the customer.
Metal went completely thru the entir motor, damaging the cam journals, so a new set of heads were mandatory.
Tried to get another set of 185's but none were available....the only thing out was the RACE 195's, and only 1 head was built. We had to wait a month to get the second one.

Down the line we're going to run E85 with this car and see how it responds....it's already set up for it, as you see the customer spared no dime in this build, the very best of everything.

-

Dang that sucks. Seems odd tho, i was under the impression that the trickflow cam journals were replaceable.

It made some great power on 93, curious what it will put down on e85. Are you gonna spin the blower any harder on e85?

They are replaceable
[Confused]

Yup!! End of first paragraph
http://www.trickflow.com/search.asp?N=400098++4294951917+4294951899+115+340077&autoview=sku

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yeah man! The mustang will be a whole new animal now.

[patriot]

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I finished putting some of the footage together into another video along with a first start clip. The video is kinda long, but there was a lot to do to finish it all up. It would have been longer but I had forgot to turn the camera back on for the installation part. oh well. I also changed up the music too, a lil more what I usually listen to. Enjoy!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_rf5WBoLfE

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! that is badass man. Congrats on getting this all done. It sounds mean!

Love the time-lapse you did also.

--------------------

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We went with:
Trick Flow 195 Heads
Stage 2 MMR Blower Cams
ID 1000's
BBK Longtubes
TCI Built SSF Trans
Moser Spool & Axles

-

Oh yes definitely.....will most likely see 22-24lbs of boost on E85

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.trickflow.com/search.asp?N=400098++4294951917+4294951899+115+340077&autoview=sku [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes they are replaceable.....however these heads were far beyond just a journal replacement.
The engine lost oil and locked up. There was metal EVERYWHERE.
Customer did not was to reuse anything from the engine, and neither would I.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So I finished putting some of the footage together into another video along with a first start clip. The video is kinda long, but there was a lot to do to finish it all up. It would have been longer but I had forgot to turn the camera back on for the installation part. oh well. I also changed up the music too, a lil more what I usually listen to. Enjoy!!!!

Hey know that back shop.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Hey know that back shop.
Did you work there too?

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
http://www.trickflow.com/search.asp?N=400098++4294951917+4294951899+115+340077&autoview=sku

Yes they are replaceable.....however these heads were far beyond just a journal replacement.
The engine lost oil and locked up. There was metal EVERYWHERE.
Customer did not was to reuse anything from the engine, and neither would I. [/QB][/QUOTE]
True i didnt think about how bad the oil galleys would be cloged with metal shavings and whatnot. Good call

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey know that back shop.
Did you work there too?
Yeap from 2002-2004 then at there sister store from 2012-2013
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey know that back shop.
Did you work there too?
Whats tour name?

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Dyno results are in!!! It made 548hp @6925 and 455ftlb@5250 on 13psi. To be honest I thought it was going to make more boost but oh well. My goal was to hit 550rwhp and it pretty much made that the first pull. Pretty stoked about the power, and it feels good to get on it again!

http://youtu.be/DLBDgP17Xw8

Here is my graph over my last setup
 -

[ 2015-01-25, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: vortek01gt ]

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Damn nice numbers there with that boost. With that pulley setup you're right on target with the heads cams and long tubes IMO. I figure once you get used to this and you do the Si or jump to a JT you will be pushing a lot of power! The Si alone with a 3.125" pulley will be at max rpms at 6500 and that should get you damn close to 600 of not more and a JT probably 650 with pump gas boost!

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Tony!!!

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tony, very nice cant wait it see what it runs.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey know that back shop.
Did you work there too?
Whats tour name?
Dave
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Seen this yesterday on 680. Sounded pretty nice.

-

--------------------

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
Seen this yesterday on 680. Sounded pretty nice.

-

Thanks man! You can hella tell in this pic that my rear end is messed up lol. Looks like i got some major camber on the rear wheels......with a sra hahaha. I gotta put in my new rear end

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com