Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Somewhat Ridiculously fast N/A 32v Cobra..lol (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Somewhat Ridiculously fast N/A 32v Cobra..lol
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
I would prefer a modded pushrod motor if building a fast N/A car was my goal.

Just my 2 cents....

I'd def take a NA push rod SBF over a NA mod motor. But I also like old cars with no smog BS. I don't see the need, nor the point in putting a smaller displacement motor in my car. Not to mention the cost to convert over to one.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ have ANY experience driving/riding/working on a mod motor?? If not explains a lot about your post..it's a addiction you gotta experience to appriciate..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was slow to me to. Took him him like 14 or 15 seconds to get to 120 from 40. Probably runs low 13's high 12's best. My opinion anyway.
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
^ have ANY experience driving/riding/working on a mod motor?? If not explains a lot about your post..it's a addiction you gotta experience to appriciate..

I've ridden in a few, drove a Roush once, seen pleanty @ the track...... Unless they are boosted, they are high winding screamers ill give you that. But I've seen my fair share of push rod motors that can spin too.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SNOWWHITE FTW!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
SNOWWHITE FTW!!!! [patriot]

[BS flag]
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any vids of CA smog legal combo N/A 32v's on 91 octane making 400+RW ??
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The most recent dyno on my '97 Cobra it put down 298rwhp and 294 rwtq untuned with the following mods...

WMS Cold Air intake
Accufab throttle body ( just for looks no real HP there!)
Steeda pulleys
IMRC Deletes
Aluminum Driveshaft
Hooker LT's
4.30's (no hp but great for low end umph! )

Gonna try and get a tune and slicks this summer and shoot for mid 12s!

Before the LT's I ran a best of 13.10 with street tires with a horrible 2.20 60ft
Not bad for a few bolt on. [patriot]

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
and I beat epic every time.

That you did. But, iirc, it was barely by a bumper, & I'm pretty sure you removed some weight from the car? Either way you did beat my tuna boat of a Cadi! Lol
i hate tuna...and i hate people who eat tuna!
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
First of all... how was that video impressive? All I saw was 300rw revving to.... 7500. Sure revving to the moon and banging gears is fun, but it's not fast lol

For gurjit, the only reason why the 4.30 didn't work in your car was because you couldn't keep up with the gear and you liked to do 3rd rolls... 4.30 gear in a 32v is the way to go!

I had 4.30 in my 01 cobra with 96-98 cams and shifted it at 7200 every gear.... and on a full bolt on car and 150 shot was only good for 119mph...

race trader! i hate race traders!
85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Love this thread! [worship]
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
01 cobra vert
Jlt cold air
Bassani mids
Off Road X
Bassani race muffs
96-98 cams
NAZMAN ported manifold with plenum spacer
4.30's
150 jets wet shot
Jon Lund mail tune

Easy launch= 12.0@119 w/1.9 60'

And I can guarantee you it wasn't being driven wrong, brandon.... [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
First of all... how was that video impressive? All I saw was 300rw revving to.... 7500. Sure revving to the moon and banging gears is fun, but it's not fast lol

For gurjit, the only reason why the 4.30 didn't work in your car was because you couldn't keep up with the gear and you liked to do 3rd rolls... 4.30 gear in a 32v is the way to go!

I had 4.30 in my 01 cobra with 96-98 cams and shifted it at 7200 every gear.... and on a full bolt on car and 150 shot was only good for 119mph...

Like you I once was captain 32v lol and like you have found something better lol ill take my (and your) 10" of timing chain over 5' any day of the week!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to add a new perspective to this thread: that didn't look very fast
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
01 cobra vert
Jlt cold air
Bassani mids
Off Road X
Bassani race muffs
96-98 cams
NAZMAN ported manifold with plenum spacer
4.30's
150 jets wet shot
Jon Lund mail tune

Easy launch= 12.0@119 w/1.9 60'

And I can guarantee you it wasn't being driven wrong, brandon.... [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

You musta drove like you left a street light with a 1.9 60' lol,great mph for having a shit 60' and ET,money says that heavy ass vert with slicks, some weight taken outta it,and actually launching woulda ran much much faster,I went 119 with an 11.65 with a 1.7 60' in a ported/pullied Termy for comparison...Anyone can shift once you got the green but it's making that green light your bitch that counts [burnout] I'm not here saying 32v's are the best of the best and shit on all but I did prove a point to the doubters,can't argue that! Didnt see much of any debate after the facts I posted...enjoy the weekend fellas [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

And for the record anyone who thinks a n/a 32v ford product is slow just look into a little something called the " coyote" now GFY [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Didnt see much of any debate after the facts I posted...enjoy the weekend fellas [patriot]

I was ready to debate some more, but too lazy to reply & on top of that, there is no point, because Brandon is always right!
[Wink] But as you can see by my activity on this site over the past few years, I don't live on Cafords much these days.... Have a good weekend as well, bud!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
And for the record anyone who thinks a n/a 32v ford product is slow just look into a little something called the " coyote" now GFY [Wink]

Whole different animal... One of the best Ford motors to date. & for the record I never jumped ship to any other make or model regardless of what anyone on this site thinks. I like all types of cars, I don't bleed Ford blue, I keep my mind & options open, because there are many more cars to be enjoyed other than just Ford products. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

^ [Roll Eyes] don't get butt hurt cause I came in here with facts and you and frick know it,no need for all that,now go post on ls1tech [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
^ [Roll Eyes] don't get butt hurt cause I came in here with facts and you and frick know it,no need for all that,now go post on ls1tech [Wink]

Lol... Nobodies butt hurt over here... & since when do I live on Ls1tech? I have a life outside of forums, matter fact, Cafords is about the only forum I check, & after I do, I scratch my head & wonder why?

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
quote:

Whole different animal... One of the best Ford motors to date. & for the record I never jumped ship to any other make or model regardless of what anyone on this site thinks. I like all types of cars, I don't bleed Ford blue, I keep my mind & options open, because there are many more cars to be enjoyed other than just Ford products. Just my 2 cents.
Nobody said ford is all I gaf about or that 32v engines are the best,your talking to someone who's owned 3/4 nasty little Hondas, an ls1,b and c headed cobras,endless foxbodys,little trucks the list goes on,I as much as you have just as much respect for anything with some style and power into it and just like when block heads say Hondas are gay I'm the first one to debate that dumbass statement! Peeps come in this thread doggin n/a 32v engines ya ima speak up,not always right but never an idiot....I simply stated that once your Mach was gone so was your 32v love,people who know you and have had this convo with you will agree bud!

[ 2014-01-11, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
quote:

Lol... Nobodies butt hurt over here... & since when do I live on Ls1tech? I have a life outside of forums, matter fact, Cafords is about the only forum I check, & after I do, I scratch my head & wonder why?
Nobody asked you to login in everyday and check us out,just sayin...

The ls1tech comment was a joke btw..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
quote:
quote:

Like you I once was captain 32v lol and like you have found something better lol ill take my (and your) 10" of timing chain over 5' any day of the week!
Race trader... Lemme tell you this... I bleed blue! I'd rather walk then sit in Chevy!
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

^ [worship]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nobody asked you to login in everyday and check us out,just sayin...

The ls1tech comment was a joke btw..

I been on this site since 2007. I browse the For Sale section & check general talk. Anyhow, if I don't have anything to add to a thread, I don't post... This is the reason why I didn't reply yesterday, not trying to get into pissing matches about Shit I really care less about at the end of the day. But lord knows you always have to get the last word my friend, so I will expect another reply from you.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com