Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought I'd start an official Coyote thread, show us your mods, ask brief questions (unless it's Tech Talk), etc.

[ 2016-05-11, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: swedensky ]

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the car has been in the paint booth for a week, and got the new wheels on. Sorry, these are cell pics because I'm still at work!!
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
click here

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lookin sick man [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
'13 GT/CS stock just did a JHR shifter and bracket shifts much better. Did a eibach pro kit drop and your homemade muffler delete the other day until I get a real exhaust setup.

-

-

-

http://youtu.be/y_mc9dwpLH8

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [patriot] Nice Coyotes guys

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

All Motor, ran 10.90's on the stock Intake manifold, stock CAI, Stock headers, and 3.55's.
On Road course suspenssion.

-

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10.9s damn, I saw uncle Jim on watt the other day saying I need to bring my car to aed. He was driving one of the newer thunderbirds, lol
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
10.9s damn, I saw uncle Jim on watt the other day saying I need to bring my car to aed. He was driving one of the newer thunderbirds, lol

He loves that damn T-Bird.

'Shaun AED' search results on SVTP:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13414484

I've tuned hundreds of Coyotes in the last 2 years.
They are by far my favorite cars to tune.

[ 2013-07-31, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

So Shaun, how do you like Rons 13 Shelby? His son Ronnie brought his 5.0 buy the store today, said you advised different air intake and exhaust setup..I may have to chat with you before I buy those things [Big Grin]

--------------------
click here

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2011 GT/CS
Stock just muffler delete! just recived my adj phb in the next month or two I'm doing lowering springs lca relocation brackets steeda shifter bracket and jlt oil separator

-

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice cars guys [patriot]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
 -

All Motor, ran 10.90's on the stock Intake manifold, stock CAI, Stock headers, and 3.55's.

-

Nice! Good to see you on a road course.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of these for my next DD. What kind of hp can these cars make with smog legal, simple bolt-ons?

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Apparently we're smog legal for 6-7 years unless you sell it.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They changed it? I thought it was 4?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
So Shaun, how do you like Rons 13 Shelby? His son Ronnie brought his 5.0 buy the store today, said you advised different air intake and exhaust setup..I may have to chat with you before I buy those things [Big Grin]

I've done so few 13 Shelby's it took a little while to get the Drive By Wire where I wanted it, but from Ron's feedback it's a vast improvement over the Lund tune he had.
Ronnie's '14 was a breeze, but his mods did not really improve power much over stock unless the hood is up so the CAI can grab cooler air.

The IAT is integrated into the Maf on these cars, so it's not ideal to use an aluminum Maf housing and place it in the engine compartment. It's of more benefit to keep the stock air box, run an AFE filter, and open up the grill so the air inlet to the box is open to a ram air effect. We've seen 2+lb/min airflow increase by running a grille to open up the intake inlet vs the stock grille w/fog lights at the drag strip.

Plastic or carbon fiber CAI is fine as well, you just want to make sure the TB opening is large enough to accommodate TB upgrades in the future.

Stock cats are the biggest restriction in these exhaust setups so his after cat setup isn't doing much good either.

[ 2013-08-01, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DMV Website:
Owners of vehicles six or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first six registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2535
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

You don't have to smog for 6 years unless you sell it, then it's 4 years. IE, sell the car at 5 years old and it must be smogged before selling. Keep it and your first smog will be after 6 years.

So, 2014 cars won't need smog till 2019! (2017 if you sell it)

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
 -

-

Nice! Good to see you on a road course.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of these for my next DD. What kind of hp can these cars make with smog legal, simple bolt-ons?

Simply bolt on a TVS blower, tune it on E85 and we just ran 10.2's in a new '13 Auto with stock converter, stock Trans, stock gears, stock engine, etc. 9's are a Circle D converter away.

All motor power is more difficult if you want to stay 100% legal as the cats are the biggest restriction in these applications.
However, I have several cars over the 460RWHP range on motor with bolt on's. When the car is set up properly you can dip those into the 10's in good conditions.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

You don't have to smog for 6 years unless you sell it, then it's 4 years. IE, sell the car at 5 years old and it must be smogged before selling. Keep it and your first smog will be after 6 years.

So, 2014 cars won't need smog till 2019! (2017 if you sell it)

Oh ok that's pretty cool! You can still get state ref'd though right?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

quote:
The IAT is integrated into the Maf on these cars, so it's not ideal to use an aluminum Maf housing and place it in the engine compartment. It's of more benefit to keep the stock air box, run an AFE filter, and open up the grill so the air inlet to the box is open to a ram air effect. We've seen 2+lb/min airflow increase by running a grille to open up the intake inlet vs the stock grille w/fog lights at the drag strip.

Plastic or carbon fiber CAI is fine as well, you just want to make sure the TB opening is large enough to accommodate TB upgrades in the future.

Stock cats are the biggest restriction in these exhaust setups so his after cat setup isn't doing much good either.

So if I plan on Airaid CAI and a car delete pipe I should be in the clear?

Also I plan on running the roush grille up top which will remove the air restrictive fog lights..

[ 2013-08-01, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: swedensky ]

--------------------
click here

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all stock except Steeda CAI and Bama handheld tune. next up is exhaust and lowering.

-

-

-

-

[ 2013-08-01, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: drews50 ]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
quote:

So if I plan on Airaid CAI and a car delete pipe I should be in the clear?

Also I plan on running the roush grille up top which will remove the air restrictive fog lights..

A full Off Road X/H is worth more than just cat deletes. Never tested them back to back, but full off road cars make more consistently.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

While I'm waiting on my sportlines, phb and camber bolts to show up I accidentally bought these
 -

Don't know if I'll keep them, cause I've been biting off more than I can afford lately but for now, they'll serve as good paper weights [Big Grin]

--------------------
click here

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
While I'm waiting on my sportlines, phb and camber bolts to show up I accidentally bought these
 -

Don't know if I'll keep them, cause I've been biting off more than I can afford lately but for now, they'll serve as good paper weights [Big Grin]

You bought those of the guy from Antioch?

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

quote:
Originally posted by 1sickGT:
You bought those of the guy from Antioch?

...yes, are you stalking my parts deals?? Haha, just asking cause I guess you were going to buy the tires I bought too...(which I'm selling the fronts if you want them)

[ 2013-08-02, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: swedensky ]

--------------------
click here

Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com