Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 49ers 2012 & 2013 Regular Season Thread (Page 12)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: 49ers 2012 & 2013 Regular Season Thread
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LETS GO 49ERS!

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if Smith is cleared to play he should start. I don't buy into the hype starting a inexperience QB if you really don't have to......... Just think how stupid the media and fans are gonna look if Colin starts and the 49ers are getting blown out by halftime.
Then what? Bring Alex Smith in to try and come back and win the game? I've seen that scenario happen too many times over the years in SF. Alex Smith should have the opertunity to finish out the season as the starter.

Colin Kap. Isn't ready to be the starter for at least another season or 2. I honestly think Chicago did a horrible job in prepping for that game. They didn't expect Kap to throw the ball. Now that a team like the Saints has a chance to watch FILM on his game....... He not gonna get the same kind of looks from the NO's D. Injust fant stress it enough how bad of an idea I think this is. Colin is going to be the future QB for the 49ers. He will get his chance in the future...... But dont count on a young QB to get you though tough games and win a Super Bowl with half a season experience.

Just my .02

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with you ^^^ but in case you didn't know, the Saits have the worst passing D in the league & 2nd worst running D. It might be a opportunity to let the young gun shine. The only advantage the Saits have is they are playing at home. Harbaugh will not name the starting QB until he has to. I'm good with whatever QB he starts. Alex Smith has the 3rd best rating in the league even better than T Brady.

Go Niners!

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I think if Smith is cleared to play he should start. I don't buy into the hype starting a inexperience QB if you really don't have to......... Just think how stupid the media and fans are gonna look if Colin starts and the 49ers are getting blown out by halftime.
Then what? Bring Alex Smith in to try and come back and win the game? I've seen that scenario happen too many times over the years in SF. Alex Smith should have the opertunity to finish out the season as the starter.

Colin Kap. Isn't ready to be the starter for at least another season or 2. I honestly think Chicago did a horrible job in prepping for that game. They didn't expect Kap to throw the ball. Now that a team like the Saints has a chance to watch FILM on his game....... He not gonna get the same kind of looks from the NO's D. Injust fant stress it enough how bad of an idea I think this is. Colin is going to be the future QB for the 49ers. He will get his chance in the future...... But dont count on a young QB to get you though tough games and win a Super Bowl with half a season experience.

Just my .02

That's what I fear... Smith should start if he's clear. Colin seems to be pretty good but still needs to learn
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There ya go. The 49ers D stepped up and spotted Colin 14 points. Had they not got those points we would have probably lost that game.
I really hope Alex Smith starts next week. [patriot]

[ November 25, 2012, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
There ya go. The 49ers D stepped up and spotted Colin 14 points. Had they not got hose points we would have probably lost that game.

You cant say that. What if could go on forever. What if Ginn didnt muff the punt? What if the defense did not score those points? Well then the offense would have opened up the playbook more. All in all a solid performance, and I was satisfied with Kap's play.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

x93chp
¯
Member # 6046

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for x93chp  Ford pictures for x93chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go. 49ers

--------------------
98 svt cobra stock
93ex chp sold
90 notch
98 cobra drop
GO 49ERS
GO GIANTS

Posts: 1427 | From: Apatzigan michoacan..... Mnt view 650 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kaepernick avoided multiple sacks that most likely would have ended in Smith getting dropped. He made big plays on 3rd down and put the ball on the hands of every receiver. All of this in one of the most difficult venues to play in. The kid is the real deal.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:
There ya go. The 49ers D stepped up and spotted Colin 14 points. Had they not got hose points we would have probably lost that game.

You cant say that. What if could go on forever. What if Ginn didnt muff the punt? What if the defense did not score those points? Well then the offense would have opened up the playbook more. All in all a solid performance, and I was satisfied with Kap's play.
I didn't get to watch the game. I was driving back from LA and listen to the entire game. His stats were not better then Alex Smith's. I really like Kap but he isn't ready to be the starter. I also think its fucked up it they bench Smith after all the BS he's had to deal with over the years. Stick with the guy who GOT YOU into the playoffs last year and who was on pace to do it again.

Kap is gonna be a good QB if he keeps getting better and understanding the entire offense...... If he's patient and stays in SF he's gonna step into a well oiled offense in the next few years. Look how well A. Rodgers turned out sitting behind Farve...... Look at what Steve Young walked into after Montana was let to by SF. Shit even Tom Brady stepped into a perfect scenario when Bledsoe got hurt.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
Kaepernick avoided multiple sacks that most likely would have ended in Smith getting dropped. He made big plays on 3rd down and put the ball on the hands of every receiver. All of this in one of the most difficult venues to play in. The kid is the real deal.

Agreed, tons of poise in the pocket!!!

quote:
I didn't get to watch the game. I was driving back from LA and listen to the entire game. His stats were not better then Alex Smith's. I really like Kap but he isn't ready to be the starter. I also think its fucked up it they bench Smith after all the BS he's had to deal with over the years. Stick with the guy who GOT YOU into the playoffs last year and who was on pace to do it again.

Kap is gonna be a good QB if he keeps getting better and understanding the entire offense...... If he's patient and stays in SF he's gonna step into a well oiled offense in the next few years. Look how well A. Rodgers turned out sitting behind Farve...... Look at what Steve Young walked into after Montana was let to by SF. Shit even Tom Brady stepped into a perfect scenario when Bledsoe got hurt. [/QB]

Trust me bro he made some great plays when we needed it, we are in a good position to have two quarterbacks to lead this offense!

[ November 25, 2012, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Camara90 ]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I just started watching some of the highlights. Kap did play a good game..... Now after hearing Harbaugh talking about not wanting to take a risk with Alex getting hurt I feel a little better about why Kap started.

The 49ers are def in a good position with having 2 good QB's that can win games. [patriot]

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go 49ers

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who Dat?? WE THAT!!! Niners! Great victory today. Rams better be ready cuz that game will not end up in a tie again

--------------------
To be or not to be

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Go 49ers!

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The defence is on ONE! Goldson put the hammer down on that WR

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:

Kap is gonna be a good QB if he keeps getting better and understanding the entire offense...... If he's patient and stays in SF he's gonna step into a well oiled offense in the next few years. Look how well A. Rodgers turned out sitting behind Farve...... Look at what Steve Young walked into after Montana was let to by SF. Shit even Tom Brady stepped into a perfect scenario when Bledsoe got hurt.

I agree, Smith did great for us the last season and a half. It should be his job to lose

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nfl stands for not for long. Kaep starts until he gets hurt, cause he's shown he has what it takes so far. Smith just needs to stfu and be ready if something happens, otherwise he can play somewhere else starting next year.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It honestly makes me laugh when people say Smith has earned his position as the QB for the Niners and how he led us to the playoffs last year. The defense has always been the controlling factor of 90% of these games. Smith is a game managing QB which means the play calling for him is much less aggressive than when Kaep is in the pocket. Smith has one solid season where his play calling is managed and everyone suddenly thinks he is the shit? The guy had a great game against the Saints in the playoffs, that is pretty much the only aggressively called game we've seen with him starting and that's simply because there's only so much the D can do against the a powerhouse offense that the Saints had last season. As far as I can tell Kaep is superior in every way. He has great poise in the pocket, is able to escape the pocket under pressure while still keeping his eyes down field, he has the balls to stand tall in the pocket and make a pass with a pass rusher right in his face, he has a cannon of an arm which is also accurate as hell, he is fast as f*** so running the option will provide more positive yardage than him coming in from time to time, and the guy proved that he can keep his shit together in the incredibly loud Super Dome. I get that Smith is the safe choice but Kaep is the future and shows what this team can do with a real QB to go along with that nasty D we have. Smith always seems one play away from losing his shit altogether whereas you can feel MUCH more confident with Kaep in the game whether its 3rd and long or whatever situation. All we need now is to teach the O-line that Kaep can escape the pocket and keep plays alive rather than Smith's "oh god pass rushers time to shit my pants and check down or throw it away" mentality. The holding calls alone kept them from tearing the Saints D apart, the score would have been vastly different IMO.
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
It honestly makes me laugh when people say Smith has earned his position as the QB for the Niners and how he led us to the playoffs last year. The defense has always been the controlling factor of 90% of these games. Smith is a game managing QB which means the play calling for him is much less aggressive than when Kaep is in the pocket. Smith has one solid season where his play calling is managed and everyone suddenly thinks he is the shit? The guy had a great game against the Saints in the playoffs, that is pretty much the only aggressively called game we've seen with him starting and that's simply because there's only so much the D can do against the a powerhouse offense that the Saints had last season. As far as I can tell Kaep is superior in every way. He has great poise in the pocket, is able to escape the pocket under pressure while still keeping his eyes down field, he has the balls to stand tall in the pocket and make a pass with a pass rusher right in his face, he has a cannon of an arm which is also accurate as hell, he is fast as f*** so running the option will provide more positive yardage than him coming in from time to time, and the guy proved that he can keep his shit together in the incredibly loud Super Dome. I get that Smith is the safe choice but Kaep is the future and shows what this team can do with a real QB to go along with that nasty D we have. Smith always seems one play away from losing his shit altogether whereas you can feel MUCH more confident with Kaep in the game whether its 3rd and long or whatever situation. All we need now is to teach the O-line that Kaep can escape the pocket and keep plays alive rather than Smith's "oh god pass rushers time to shit my pants and check down or throw it away" mentality. The holding calls alone kept them from tearing the Saints D apart, the score would have been vastly different IMO.

Exactly how I feel [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Im not gonna say, " I told you so." when Alex Smith leaves at the end of the season or even cut before the end of this season and Colin Kap isn't what you guys think he is.

Name one mobile QB in the NFL who has been able to stay healthy for a whole season?
Name some of the best QB's in the league right now and tell me How many of them have rushing stats at the end of the
game?

Your QB's job is to throw the ball and throw it accurately, not throw int's & lastly not force the ball into coverage and understand field position.

--------------------

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

quote:
Im not gonna say, " I told you so." when Alex Smith leaves at the end of the season or even cut before the end of this season and Colin Kap isn't what you guys think he is.

Name one mobile QB in the NFL who has been able to stay healthy for a whole season?
Name some of the best QB's in the league right now and tell me How many of them have rushing stats at the end of the
game?

Your QB's job is to throw the ball and throw it accurately, not throw int's & lastly not force the ball into coverage and understand field position.

I think thats the great thing is that we are not just using his mobility. Also dont forget how Alex got hurt, he is pretty damn mobile himself.!

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^ He is...... The saints found that out last year LOL. Then the D game up the TD & Smith drove down the field and threw a great pass into coverage to Vernon Davis.

Smith CAN put more points on the board. I think he plays a lot more conservative then Kap...... But I can guarantee all of you that Kap will not have as good of a win/loss record as Smith did last year.

The NFL is madden..... You don't get a TD or a field goal on every possession. You take your shots down the field when the time is right. You shouldn't go out and try and air the ball out 40 yards every time you drop back to pass........ Better off checking the ball down and gaining yards then giving up a down.
Just my .02

--------------------

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
^ He is...... The saints found that out last year LOL. Then the D game up the TD & Smith drove down the field and threw a great pass into coverage to Vernon Davis.

Smith CAN put more points on the board. I think he plays a lot more conservative then Kap...... But I can guarantee all of you that Kap will not have as good of a win/loss record as Smith did last year.

The NFL is madden..... You don't get a TD or a field goal on every possession. You take your shots down the field when the time is right. You shouldn't go out and try and air the ball out 40 yards every time you drop back to pass........ Better off checking the ball down and gaining yards then giving up a down.
Just my .02

Checking the ball down with accuracy is a different story [Wink]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

GO 49ERS!

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com