Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Senator Yee has amended his gun law! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Senator Yee has amended his gun law!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got this email from Calguns!
This is some BULLSHIT!

Sen. Yee seeks to ban all Bullet Button/maglocked firearms!
View this message in your browser.

For Immediate Release: August 7, 2012 

SENATOR YEE AMENDS SB 249 INTO A MASSIVE, UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN

CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL KAMALA HARRIS ENDORSES SB 249 REQUIREMENT TO USE DETACHABLE MAGAZINE FIREARMS

Reference: SB 249 Fact Sheet at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf

SAN CARLOS, CA, AND MADERA, CA – In an egregious and deliberate move to ban hundreds of thousands of legal firearms and harm law-abiding California gun owners, California Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) has amended his bill SB 249 to make possession of all Bullet Button, or “maglocked”, firearms a criminal act as of July 1, 2013.  Sen. Yee’s chief-of-staff, Adam Keigwin, has said that California should ban all guns, even bolt-action hunting rifles.

Joining Senator Yee in his effort to take away hundreds of millions of dollars of currently-legal guns are co-authors Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley), Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrence), Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), and Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles).

Explaining his support for the gun ban, Senator Steinberg told the Sacramento Bee that “no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It’s ridiculous."

Also on record as supporting SB 249, the Los Angeles Times reports Attorney General Kamala Harris as saying, “I applaud the Legislature's interest in addressing this problem and support efforts to pass legislation needed to" [ban Bullet Button firearms].

SB 249, if it were to become law, would categorically ban all “maglocked” semi-automatic firearms that are in common use, such as those which use the Bullet Button device.  SB 249 does not provide for any grandfathering of existing firearms nor does it have a method of compensating gun owners for the firearms the proposed law would require to be destroyed or removed from California.  The net effect would be what is perhaps the single largest unconstitutional government taking in California history.

More, SB 249 would subject gun owners to criminal liability as of July 1, 2013, for the mere possession of firearms that Senator Yee and Attorney General Harris have both said are legal under current law.  Ex post facto laws, such as SB 249 would create if passed, are expressly unconstitutional.

Interestingly, however, SB 249 would create a de facto requirement that gun owners , hunters, and competitors in California use only “featureless” firearms, such as AR and AK-style guns employing compliance parts like the Solar Tactical KYDEX Grip Wraps, MonsterMan Grips, or Exile Machine’s Hammerhead Grip, which not only allow for the lawful use of factory magazine releases but large-capacity magazines as well.  California does not ban the possession of large-capacity magazines.  Wes Morris, owner of Ten Percent Firearms, demonstrates this is an excellent YouTube video you can view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhC8LpHPbRQ.

Senator Yee’s bill is currently before the Assembly Appropriations Committee and is expected to be heard on August 15, though it could be heard as soon as August 8.  The bill must pass both the Assembly and the Senate by August 31.

The Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL, through their pathbreaking grassroots initiative platform StopSB249.org, have created many free, easy-to-use tools for you to help combat this massive gun ban.  Please forward this message to your friends, family, favorite gun dealers and manufacturers, and your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter.  Working together, we can Stop SB 249 - but we need you to TAKE ACTION NOW!

The SB 249 Fact Sheet is available for download at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf.

Donate to The Calguns Foundation and help Stop SB 249.

Stop SB 249's Take Action page with many free tools to fight SB 249 can be found at http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

Website banners with html code are avalable at http://stopsb249.org/get-banners-for-your-website.

---

The Calguns Foundation (www.calgunsfoundation.org) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which serves its members by providing Second Amendment-related education, strategic litigation, and the defense of innocent California gun owners from improper or malicious prosecution. The Calguns Foundation seeks to inform government and protect the rights of individuals to acquire, own, and lawfully use firearms in California.

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (www.calffl.org) is California's premier non-profit industry association of, by, and for firearms manufacturers, dealers, collectors, training professionals, shooting ranges, and others, advancing the interests of its members and the general public through strategic litigation, legislative efforts, and education. For more information or to join Cal-FFL, please visit calffl.org.
 Follow Us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | forward to a friend 
Copyright © 2012 The Calguns Foundation, All rights reserved.
We send news and alerts to those who've connected with us on our homepage, at our online store, and through social networks.
Our mailing address is:
The Calguns Foundation
751 Laurel Street Suite 935
San Carlos, CA 94070-3113

Add us to your address book
 unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got that same email... This is some BULL ASS SHIT! [BS flag]

[ August 08, 2012, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOT THE SAME EMAIL ,FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKER AND ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS TRYING TO TAKE OUR RIGHT TO BARE ARMS

[ August 08, 2012, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that SB24Shit!

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So basically I'm gonna be a criminal if this gets passed?
I'm so fucking sick and tired of this state.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if it does pass its going to end up being overruled in the supreme court. I don't see how this would be constitutional in any way shape or form. [Frown]

They are trying to tell us to give up are expensive rifles to be destroyed. On top of that they aren't even gonna give us any money for them?
Fuck this state and if you come to my house looking for an AR I have registered in CA I'm gonna tell you it was stolen. They can TRY and search my house all they want, but aren't gonna find anything illegal in my home.
Fuck this state a fuck this senator who's frying to take our rifles. [Mad]

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I don't get about these dumb fucks who are trying to ban these laws is that banning them will NOT stop illegal guns floating around EVERYWHERE.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
What I don't get about these dumb fucks who are trying to ban these laws is that banning them will NOT stop illegal guns floating around EVERYWHERE.

That's the exact same thing my cop brother said too. It's only going to hurt legal gun owners and the company's who manufacture the parts..... Think of how many people are gonna get laid off when Ca gun owners quit buying AR parts/rifles.

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

Exactly!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The way i read it anyone with a rifle that takes a Magazine will have an illegal weapon. So my M1A Scout will be illegal.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I think if it does pass its going to end up being overruled in the supreme court. I don't see how this would be constitutional in any way shape or form. [Frown]

They are trying to tell us to give up are expensive rifles to be destroyed. On top of that they aren't even gonna give us any money for them?
Fuck this state and if you come to my house looking for an AR I have registered in CA I'm gonna tell you it was stolen. They can TRY and search my house all they want, but aren't gonna find anything illegal in my home.
Fuck this state a fuck this senator who's frying to take our rifles. [Mad]

I wouldn't turn my rifles in even if they paid me money. Its my human right to own my guns for my family, property and my defense.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^ I won't turn mine either Dana. Like I said if they wanna come and try to take my AR lowers I'll tell them they were stolen. If they can't find them in my home they can't prove or disprove I'm lying about it.

--------------------

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two words I've been saying for many years.....BUY AMMO!

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stopsb249.org make sure you go there and do all of the free stuff you can to help stop this bill at the very least

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't sit there for one second and think to yourself "oh this doesn't have any chance of passing" Take action right now! Look at the already ridiculous laws regulating law abiding citizens firearms in this state. That's exactly how they were passed. Law abiding citizens did nothing, or not enough to stop the government from taking away our rights.

stopsb249.org

calguns.net

Join calguns now to keep up on(and/or join) the 2nd amendment fight that is on going. At calguns we're trying to get our 2nd Amendment given rights back from this crazy state of law makers.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Two words I've been saying for many years.....BUY AMMO!

+1
THIS bill willnever pass
these idoits really think banning guns or making these guns illegal is really gonna stop some crazyed retard from killing people? [Roll Eyes]

hope they dont try and ban my crossbow [Frown]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These fucks are retarded. They are constantly talking about crimes rates increasing...well this is just another form of illegal activity criminals will engage in. Plus, if banned the underground market will grow=more crime. Like Neight said, it wont stop the flow of illegal guns coming in, I think it will fuel the desire to bring more.

I really want to know how these fucks think, were they sheltered their whole life and never got beat up or what.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
These fucks are retarded. They are constantly talking about crimes rates increasing...well this is just another form of illegal activity criminals will engage in. Plus, if banned the underground market will grow=more crime. Like Neight said, it wont stop the flow of illegal guns coming in, I think it will fuel the desire to bring more.

I really want to know how these fucks think, were they sheltered their whole life and never got beat up or what.

They don't have to think. They live in a completely sheltered world. They make many times the income that most families do, and live in neighborhoods with no crime. In addition they work in places that have a ton of armed trained security, so of course they don't have anything to worry about. They don't need firearms because everyone surrounding them has firearms.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 2nd amendment:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Where in the 2nd amendment deos it say that you can have a detachible high capacity magazine?

Where in the 2nd amendment deos it say that you have the right to own a grenade launcher, a tank, a machine gun or a bazooka?

The point is that that even though under the constitution we can own a fire arm, there are limits as to what type of fire arms we can own.

In the wake of the tragic mass shootings as in Arizona where a gunman with a high capacity fire arm killed several people and critically injured scores more, including a Congress woman; would that Arizona gunman have been able to kill and injure
So many people with out a 20+ round capacity fire arm? No.

It is time to take a serious look at our gun laws that in many states are to lax.

By the way, the term " regulated" is in the second amendment and with americans getting sick and tierd of these slime ball right wing gun nuts committing mass kilings,one can only hope that more gun regulation is comming.

[ August 08, 2012, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The 2nd amendment:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Where in the 2nd amendment deos it say that you can have a detachible high capacity magazine?

Where in the 2nd amendment deos it say that you have the right to own a grenade launcher, a tank, a machine gun or a bazooka?

The point is that that even though under the constitution we can own a fire arm, there are limits as to what type of fire arms we can own.

In the wake of the tragic mass shootings as in Arizona where a gunman with a high capacity fire arm killed several people and critically injured scores more, including a Congress woman; would that Arizona gunman have been able to kill and injure

It is time to take a serious look at our gun laws that in many states are to lax.

By the way, the term " regulated" is in the second amendment and with americans getting sick and tierd of these slime ball right wing gun nuts committing mass kilings,one can only hoe that more gun regulation is comming.

At the time the constitution was written there weren't high capacity AR-15's and Ak's so what is your point? It's obvious that gun laws don't prevent criminals from killing people and the right wing gun nut killed how many people last year in comparison to the gang member, drug dealer or conviced felon who all cannot legally own guns with all the laws that are already n the books?

Un-tuck your cock and trade your Mustang in for a Nissan Queef!

[ August 08, 2012, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The 2nd amendment:

By the way, the term " regulated" is in the second amendment and with americans getting sick and tierd of these slime ball right wing gun nuts committing mass kilings,one can only hope that more gun regulation is comming.

Not you again [Roll Eyes] Liberals can suck my nuts. You best hope you never find yourself in a situation where you'll need a gun. If they ban guns crime is going to sky rocket, home invasions, car jackings, rapes, robberies will all go through the roof. It's not going to stop a criminal from owning a gun because they do ILLEGAL shit and only care about themselves, not the person their robbing.

Anyhow I'll never give up any of my guns, EVER. I like the fact that I can protect my property and family, not lie down like a bitch and let a criminal do whatever they want.

[ August 08, 2012, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit you guys posted so quick my look above arrow is 2 posts off
^ that is a very myopic view point. There are many guns outlawed already and mostl law abiding citizens do not posses them ( I could care less if they did.), but you can be sure as shit criminals got their hands on them. Regulation is always fucked; drugs, guns, taxes there will always been people that will not conform, and most of the time I think good for them. So, if it passed Wildfire, slowback either become criminals or conform ( which is bullshit), and you can be sure as shit everyone criminal or not with an unregistered firearm that fits the bill isn't going to voluntarily hand them over.

[ August 08, 2012, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: sinisterblk ]

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO at Nissan Queef!! [worship] Anybody got any ARs forsale?? Will gladly take them off your hands when this passes fellas!! [patriot] Ill bare enuff arms for the entire cafords family!! [Wink]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
LMAO at Nissan Queef!! [worship] Anybody got any ARs forsale?? Will gladly take them off your hands when this passes fellas!! [patriot] Ill bare enuff arms for the entire cafords family!! [Wink]

Nope, I'm not a bitch and won't give up any of my firearms.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com