Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Worst reason for getting pulled over.... (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Worst reason for getting pulled over....
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Loudness:
I got pulled over for "Unnecessary Honk". lol

lol hahahaha [worship]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got pulled over on castro valley blvd at 1 in the moring after leaving my buddys tattoo shop i just left and i didnt put mmy seat belt on yet cop pulled up next to leaned over to his passenger side to see yelled " pull over" got a no selt belt ticket. remind you my truck is lifted and there was no way he coulda saw it [Frown]

agian driving down cv blvd minding my own all of a sudden blurp blurp chp pulls me over frist thing he asked me if i have been drinkin i said no then he ask do you know why i pulled you over?
i said no he said that my tires stick out to far and that i need mud flaps [Roll Eyes]

oh and when i was a kid i got pulled over on my bike for no helmit lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
I've never been pulled over. If you drive like a respectable adult, cops will leave you alone. It's that easy.

I hope your kidding? You must be out your mind to think that's how shit works. Haha man was that funny to see!!!
In general, its the truth.
Yeah, the cops are pretty cool up in loomis... They never gave me a problem.. Even with my loud ass exhaust and gettin sidewayz leaving taylors burgers..
Whats funny is Loomis has some of the most strict cops out there. Not much happens so they hammer people that do the small law breaking to make up for it. Taylors ftw
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I'm not that young (25) and I'm not trying to play the "It's not fair" game, I was just stating that it is a useless law, nothing more then a tool used by law enforcement to pull people over.

I know that the plate isn't going to get on there by itself, I would prefer not to drill holes in the front bumper, especially once I am done restoring it. Even if I do dot my "I's" and cross my "T's" it doesn't mean that I won't get pulled for some "reason".

Now that I live in Dallas, I haven't been pulled over or had a ticket since I left Califonia, police don't even look at me. Now back in my home town they would break their necks to stare me down.

Don't get me wrong I do respect the jobs of law enforcement, just not when their out to harass people.

The bay area is a lot worse about random pull overs than other areas of California.

I was pulled over ~20 times in my coupe when I lived in HMB and drove to SJ and back a lot. I received 1 ticket which was for barking 2nd and 3rd leaving a red light, just had shitty tires and shifted quickly.

Now that I live in ventura county I hardly ever get pulled over, the only ticket I've had in the past few years was my wifes car received a no front plate ticket while her `08 GT was parked in front of her friends house. Talk about a bored cop...

I hear you Blind, I guess when you grow up/live in a small town with a modded Mustang you're bound to get messed with. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like I always drove like an angel, but even when I wasn't doing anything wrong they would pull me over or follow me out of town.

It got to the point where I would pass a local LEO going the other way and he would turn around, I would immediately pull over.

I've met my fair share of really cool LEO's and have met my share of LEO's that I felt abused their badge.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
"... It's amazing how an officer can talk their way into a vehicle..."

Even more amazing how many officers do it illegally because most people don't know any better!

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
9svt8'
¯
Member # 11410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9svt8'  Ford pictures for 9svt8'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over driving down a residential street. The cop was going the opposite way then turned around didn't even get out of his car. He told me on the speaker "I don't know if your aware but the front Lisence plate monster ate your front lisence plate". Then he pulled up next to me & said "drive safe" then left haha

--------------------
96' gt - totaled
98' cobra
ROYAL EMPIRE

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long time ago I got pulled over for having red l.e.d's on my rear license plate..I put them on cause I had a clean ass fucking red notch.."FUCK DA POPO" I guess you can't have nice shit on your car cause you'll have to take it off... [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot about this one.
I pull out of a driveway on story n king "hekka traffic" so i roll off the curb "accidently" and screech tire, As that happened I see a cop 6cars behind and he saw me in traffic so I try to loose him in traffic being that he didn't have his sirens on. I'm doing the speed limit, using my blinker, and I shake him within a distance bettween one traffic light I make a right into the backstreets and ran a stop sign did a couple zig zags through the block and the fucker comes out of nowhere behind me, he turns his lights on I pull over he comes calmly and says dl and registration with a smirk.

he got me with 38 in a 25 and stop sign ticket.

I fought it in court because he didn't actually see me he just assumed I was speeding and ran the stop sign based on how far ahead of him I was. Even tho I did run the stop sign but wasn't speeding

When I pull up to homestead court there's another 5.0 in the parking lot and I end up talking to the annoying Guy inside I didn't say I had a 5.0 because I didn't wanna relate to him LOL he's saying my tail light wasn't out but it was "I saw it" but I just agreed with the Guy he had one bulb working on his 3rd brake light

anyways I go up to the judge and the officer reads his report and the whole time my girl tells me he's silently cheering throwing up his arms whispering yea 5.0, he almost got away etc. He got warned by the judge to calm down. LOL

In the end I'm found guilty and i think i paid $648

[ April 06, 2012, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Stangn5oh ]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
91SuperchargedNotchOn24s
¯
Member # 10866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s  Ford pictures for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been pulled over just to see who I was by a rookie n in the end he even asked if had a supercharger n asked if he could see it...that was in Richmond. And in east Oakland I got pulled over for my car being to high n not having mud flaps!!! Lol straight bs!!!
Posts: 249 | From: RICHMOND'CA 510 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When i was 18 and had my 01 GT (10 years ago), i was pulled over by a chp bike cop , For driving with my fogs and parking lights on. I went to court to fight it and lost and had to pay $135 .. Complete Bullshit!

[ April 07, 2012, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Vndcatr ]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over after I stopped to say "hello" to a girl (and a few girlfriends of hers)I know. I drive off to go home and a cop stopped me. He gets out and his partner was behind to my right watching me. And he asked if I was trying to pick up these girls. He thought I was some "John" looking for some action! I say I know her and was saying "hi". He tells me there's girls as young as her prostituting themselves around the area. Then, he let me go.

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

inthefifty_510
¯
Member # 11534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inthefifty_510  Ford pictures for inthefifty_510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got pulled over on Christmas eve for a dim tail light. The two cops searched my 86 hatch and gave me a field sobriety test then the breathalizer then let me go.

--------------------
86gt t-top sold
90gt sold
86gt smashin

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
"... It's amazing how an officer can talk their way into a vehicle..."

Even more amazing how many officers do it illegally because most people don't know any better!
Your above statement makes no sense. If an officer asks you on a traffic stop, "Hey do you have anything illegal on you or in your car?" and you respond, "No." and then the officer says something to the effect of, "So you don't mind if I search your car or your person?" and then you say, "No, go ahead." It's clearly not illegal. In fact, it would be a consent search. It's up to you, to say, "No, I don't want you to search my car or my person". Furthermore, if you give consent and an officer begins to search you or your car, you can withdraw that consent at anytime. Again, case law and courts have upheld many consent searches under the same scenario.

If a person is on parole/ probation with search terms, it does not matter if a person does not want to consent to a search. There are also provisions for people out on bail or O/R. Furthermore, if you have someone in your car who is on probation/parole with search terms, an officer can search the car that way too.

If an officer walks up to your driver/passenger side window and smells marijuana, sees a pipe sitting on the floor...ect it's another way to search a car.

If a driver fails to produce a driver license or registration, an officer can search the car in the area the registration or driver license would likely be... Glove box, center console, under the seats, rear seat and in some cases the trunk... more less the whole car.

If a person a driver is arrested and a vehicle is towed, an inventory search must be done in many circumstances...

There is also always a warrant too. I'm sure I am forgetting something. However, my point to all this is, there are more than enough ways to use the tools already provided to law enforcement that we do not have to go around breaking laws and violating the rights of citizens. There have been times when I have had no lawfully authority or consent to search and I know/believe there is something, but have been told to pound sand. That's no problem, I don't take it personal. I just move on to the next.

At the end of the day, it's just a job and I'm out having fun. It's like fishing or a cat and mouse game. However, I can assure you I am not going to violate the trust the public puts in me to do my job lawfully and I am definitely no going to risk losing my house, car, ect in Federal Court because I want to search your car and have no lawful authority to do so.

[patriot]

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com