Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1.. (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1..
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
What about buying a HD F150? You would have room for passengers, easy to mod tastefully, decent ride, and you could tow the Notch to the track.

Just an idea.... I couldnt live without a truck!

Those are sweet as hell, but the only color I like is the silver & black 2 tone & black is a no go for a DD IMO. the Charcoal grey would be nice if it didn't have the hideous flame pinstripe along the side... Also, they get piss poor gas mileage...
So... like this one? [Big Grin]

-

Exactly like that 1!!! Thats a badass truck Dave!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, Dustin! Its my DD and tow vehicle. It works great with the rear helper bag setup and onboard compressor.

And yes, the in town mileage sucks. The only thing worse is towing LOL. Good thing my commute to the office is less than 5 miles.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's house is this in front of? LOL
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, after all this talk. I think I will most likely stick with what I have for now. Like somebody told me today, if I get the ride quality the way I want, I will fall in love with the car all over again...

Financially, it will put me in a better position rather than starting over & owing $20k+ again on a car. Maybe I can just sell the DD jetta & pick up a nice 99-04 Crown Vic for a DD. I know its no CTS-V, or M5, but if its comfy enough for grandma & grandpa, it should be comfy enough for me LOL... Plus I know how reliable they are, & VERY cheap to get...

I actually raised up the front ride height by about a 1/2" tonight, & it definitely improved the ride quality, the rear needs the most work though. With the tq arm, or IRS installed, the car will have a better ride quality again...

[ August 12, 2010, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Thanks, Dustin! Its my DD and tow vehicle. It works great with the rear helper bag setup and onboard compressor.

And yes, the in town mileage sucks. The only thing worse is towing LOL. Good thing my commute to the office is less than 5 miles.

Very nice DD... I don't think you even have 1 weak link in your fleet
[Big Grin]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Very nice DD... I don't think you even have 1 weak link in your fleet
[Big Grin]

Thanks.

And the weak link is that my Fastback is nowhere near finished. I am enjoying the '65 coupe though. I took it out to Red Robin in Folsom again tonight with my son in the passenger seat. My father-in-law pulled out his '66 Corvette roadster for its maiden voyage after an 8 year restoration. The weather was in the mid to low 80's. It doesn't get much better than that.

As for the Mach, maybe your relationship just grew a little stale from familiarity. Changing it up a bit and shifting the ride more to your liking isn't a bad idea. It sounds like you're going to give her another chance LOL.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know you epik but i always see things put up bout you. n u sound like a koo guy.. i say keep the mach, it will crush you if u ever see it down the road with a new owner trust me. n i gotta give it to you, that mach 1 of yours ................. wow. best i have ever seen !!!!!!! this might sound a bit wierd but i even have it as my comperters back groung. lmao !!!

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Is this thing sold yet?

M5 NATION!!! [worship]

Those silver ones are badass EPIK!

And 50 is right, sometimes you just have to make a decision and go with it. Sometimes you make the right decision, and other times you realize you made a mistake. The good news is that you can always go back since these late model Mustangs are so common. Even when you make a mistake, chances are you learn something valuable from it. There are a lot of awesome cars out there. Experience something different.

I made a decision and sold my Notch. I now have a DOHC car that is a better all-around fit for me now and I have no regrets. If I did, I can always go back to a notch. [Big Grin]

But man, the flip flopping... no good!

Yes, you are right, flip floppin is not a good idea, but I also need to think about what is better for my pocket book as well.
I hear that.

I am always surprised at the guys who can balance two or more "toys"

One keeps my hands full, and my projects aren't even that involved, lol.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep it. It's much more fun rollin' into the garage and deciding which car to drive for the day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
says the man with 2 "extreamly slow" cobras lol
to bad i only have one toy to choose from
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Keep it. It's much more fun rollin' into the garage and deciding which car to drive for the day. [Big Grin]

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

O4COBRA
¯
Member # 10015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O4COBRA  Ford pictures for O4COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah man, 5 pages just to read that you're keeping it!! I've been thinking about selling the blue car ever since you called me the other day. I would love to take that off your hands, and make sure it stays just as clean! Let me know...
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by vendicated_03gt:
i dont know you epik but i always see things put up bout you. n u sound like a koo guy.. i say keep the mach, it will crush you if u ever see it down the road with a new owner trust me. n i gotta give it to you, that mach 1 of yours ................. wow. best i have ever seen !!!!!!! this might sound a bit wierd but i even have it as my comperters back groung. lmao !!!

Thanks bro, I really appreciate the compliments...

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by O4COBRA:
Ah man, 5 pages just to read that you're keeping it!! I've been thinking about selling the blue car ever since you called me the other day. I would love to take that off your hands, and make sure it stays just as clean! Let me know...

Well, its hard to part with it. But I think overall its a better decision to keep it & finish the suspension setup. It would be hard seeing someone else behind the wheel, but I think if you picked it up, you would appreciate it, & take care of it as much as I do...

I can't say that I haven't been thinking about M5's all week since I drove 1 on Tuesday...

[ August 13, 2010, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

O4COBRA
¯
Member # 10015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O4COBRA  Ford pictures for O4COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well, its hard to part with it. But I think overall its a better decision to keep it & finish the suspension setup. It would be hard seeing someone else behind the wheel, but I think if you picked it up, you would appreciate it, & take care of it as much as I do...

I can't say that I haven't been thinking about M5's all week since I drove 1 on Tuesday...

So it sounds like you're saying show you the money, and make you part with it. I'm going to put a little bit more effort into this, and see what I can do. The blue car is getting a little old and boring...
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Uh oh. My forecast is partly cloudy with a 70% chance of "flip flopping".

[ August 13, 2010, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:

So it sounds like you're saying show you the money, and make you part with it. I'm going to put a little bit more effort into this, and see what I can do. The blue car is getting a little old and boring...
well...Hmmmm, you never know what I would do if someone had the cash in my face LOL???
[Big Grin]

[ August 13, 2010, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com