Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1.. (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1..
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell the notch and use the money to pay down the Mach. If you STILL want to sell the mach..... Everything you get for it will go to the new down payment. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like how you say it in 3rd person "epiks mach 1" for sale

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW!!!! This thread blew up & ended up in general talk LOL...

I am seriously torn about this situation fellas. I love my car to death, & can't see it in someone elses possession. I have put so much work into this thing, hell the freshly built top end is barely even broken in. But there comes a time to realize, its just a car, they come & go...

I will be quite honest, the reason I have been wanting to get rid of the mach for the most part is, the ride quality is pretty rough & I feel its more of a chore to drive than it is enjoyable. This is mainly due to the suspension setup, & the ride height. If I raised the ride height a bit, & finally installed the tq arm, the ride would be much nicer & the car would be better balanced. Since I'm done racing the car, an IRS setup would be ideal & would change the whole feel of the car.

BUT, on the other hand, it would be nice to have a comfy "fast" sedan to drive around that I could actually have more than 1 passenger in. Let me also remind you guys, IF I do get into a sedan, I DO NOT plan on doing any heavy modding, thats what the coupe is for...

As far as me selling the notch, that is NOT gonna happen. Although it is not anywhere near as clean as the Mach, I would rather have that platform as my race car. IMO, it is more fun to drive, although it doesn't turn as many heads...

I actually like Lincoln Mark 8's, but I wouldn't plan on buying 1 unless the air suspension was completely rebuilt...

[ August 11, 2010, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
WOW!!!! This thread blew up & ended up in general talk LOL...

I am seriously torn about this situation fellas. I love my car to death, & can't see it in someone elses possession. I have put so much work into this thing, hell the freshly built top end is barely even broken in. But there comes a time to realize, its just a car, they come & go...

I will be quite honest, the reason I have been wanting to get rid of the mach for the most part is, the ride quality is pretty rough & I feel its more of a chore to drive than it is enjoyable. This is mainly due to the suspension setup, & the ride height. If I raised the ride height a bit, & finally installed the tq arm, the ride would be much nicer & the car would be better balanced. Since I'm done racing the car, an IRS setup would be ideal & would change the whole feel of the car.

BUT, on the other hand, it would be nice to have a comfy "fast" sedan to drive around that I could actually have more than 1 passenger in. Let me also remind you guys, IF I do get into a sedan, I DO NOT plan on doing any heavy modding, thats what the coupe is for...

As far as me selling the notch, that is NOT gonna happen. Although it is not anywhere near as clean as the Mach, I would rather have that platform as my race car. IMO, it is more fun to drive, although it doesn't turn as many heads...

I actually like Lincoln Mark 8's, but I wouldn't plan on buying 1 unless the air suspension was completely rebuilt...

Figured I would throw this out there...

Why not switch out some of you suspension components and install an air ride system into to Mach? Air Ride Technologies has a pretty nice set up that would work for your Mach. With the air ride, your ride quality improves tremendously, you can get the car as low as you want, and from what I read, it give the car some good traction.

Going thru Air Ride Technologies is quite expensive, but you can piece together a set up for much cheaper.

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

There's plenty of Mark's floating around (even a few on Craigslist) that have had their air ride completely removed and converted to a traditional springs/shocks/struts setup... considering it's still a 4 valve, and still a coupe, only bigger and heavier and Automatic... I'd keep the Mach, and swap to an IRS and swap in some more "streetable" springs... what spring rates are you running now? Is it coilover converted?
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:

There's plenty of Mark's floating around (even a few on Craigslist) that have had their air ride completely removed and converted to a traditional springs/shocks/struts setup... considering it's still a 4 valve, and still a coupe, only bigger and heavier and Automatic... I'd keep the Mach, and swap to an IRS and swap in some more "streetable" springs... what spring rates are you running now? Is it coilover converted?
IMO, a coil spring converted mark 8 takes away most of the uniqueness of the car, plus the ride wouldn't be as nice...

The mach has full coilovers 325 lb front & 225 lb rear. after talking things over with maximum motorsports today, they say that the rear coilover spring rate without the tq arm installed are the root of my problems, along with the low ride height. I think if I get the tq arm installed, the ride quality will be MUCH better, although the IRS would be even better...

[ August 11, 2010, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

IMO, a coil spring converted mark 8 takes away most of the uniqueness of the car, plus the ride wouldn't be as nice...

The mach has full coilovers 325 lb front & 225 lb rear. after talking things over with maximum motorsports today, they say that the rear coilover spring rate without the tq arm installed are the root of my problems, along with the low ride height. I think if I get the tq arm installed, the ride quality will be MUCH better, although the IRS would be even better...

Or throw in Air Ride into the Mach like I mentioned above...

You mentioned your not racing the car anymore so why throw in a tq arm and other suspension components if they won't be utilized fully? Just a thought...

[ August 11, 2010, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Sco Cuddie ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or throw in Air Ride into the Mach like I mentioned above...

You mentioned your not racing the car anymore so why throw in a tq arm and other suspension components if they won't be utilized fully? Just a thought...

My bad, I saw your reply, but throwing in the air ride is too much IMO. I would rather just go IRS. I already have the tq arm, just haven't installed it BTW...

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

ON THE OTHER HAND... I can't stop thinking about myself hopping into this thing everyday LOL...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=278703909&dealer_id=65239643&car_year=2000&rdm=1281573386393&lastStartYear=1981&model=M5&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightF irstMakeModel=&start_year=2000&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=500&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid= 100023432&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag= 1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=95829&advanced=&end_year=2005&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=107&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=282860783&dealer_id=56903586&car_year=2001&rdm=1281573386393&lastStartYear=1981&model=M5&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightF irstMakeModel=&start_year=2000&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=500&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid= 100023432&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag= 1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=95829&advanced=&end_year=2005&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=338&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=284086242&dealer_id=55482010&car_year=2000&rdm=1281573386393&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=M5&systime=&make2=&highlightF irstMakeModel=&start_year=2000&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=500&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipEr ror=n&sownerid=100023432&first_record=26&make=BMW&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mile age=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=95829&advanced=&end_year=2005&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=494&standard=false

[ August 11, 2010, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin man come up with a plan and stick with it. I see you wobbling back and forth from selling it to maybe doint the tq arm and other stuff. Either sell the mach or put money into it and keep it. Dont put more money into it then sell it. Post the thing for sale forreal on all the sites out there. If it doesn't get gone in 2 months time then you already know the BMW situation is not your reality.

Just do it man. People (including you) were forreal telling me not to sell my fox but I'm in a much better situation now with a car I'm completely happy with. Take 1 step back so you can take 2 steps forward.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin,

If your not sure that you want to keep the car any money your putting into it is a waste. Be smart with it bro.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The idea of having a car payment on a 13-15 year old car, isnt appealing. I like your mach alot better than an old m5. Your mach is too clean and the mods are right on. good luck with your choice.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Like I said, I love the car, but I just wish I had better ride quality. Doing an IRS swap wouldn't cost me a penny if I did a trade...

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this thing sold yet?

M5 NATION!!! [worship]

Those silver ones are badass EPIK!

And 50 is right, sometimes you just have to make a decision and go with it. Sometimes you make the right decision, and other times you realize you made a mistake. The good news is that you can always go back since these late model Mustangs are so common. Even when you make a mistake, chances are you learn something valuable from it. There are a lot of awesome cars out there. Experience something different.

I made a decision and sold my Notch. I now have a DOHC car that is a better all-around fit for me now and I have no regrets. If I did, I can always go back to a notch. [Big Grin]

But man, the flip flopping... no good!

[ August 11, 2010, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Is this thing sold yet?

M5 NATION!!! [worship]

Those silver ones are badass EPIK!

And 50 is right, sometimes you just have to make a decision and go with it. Sometimes you make the right decision, and other times you realize you made a mistake. The good news is that you can always go back since these late model Mustangs are so common. Even when you make a mistake, chances are you learn something valuable from it. There are a lot of awesome cars out there. Experience something different.

I made a decision and sold my Notch. I now have a DOHC car that is a better all-around fit for me now and I have no regrets. If I did, I can always go back to a notch. [Big Grin]

But man, the flip flopping... no good!

Yes, you are right, flip floppin is not a good idea, but I also need to think about what is better for my pocket book as well.

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about buying a HD F150? You would have room for passengers, easy to mod tastefully, decent ride, and you could tow the Notch to the track.

Just an idea.... I couldnt live without a truck!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
What about buying a HD F150? You would have room for passengers, easy to mod tastefully, decent ride, and you could tow the Notch to the track.

Those are sweet as hell, but the only color I like is the silver & black 2 tone & black is a no go for a DD IMO. the Charcoal grey would be nice if it didn't have the hideous flame pinstripe along the side... Also, they get piss poor gas mileage...

--------------------

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

quote:
quote:

Those are sweet as hell, but the only color I like is the silver & black 2 tone & black is a no go for a DD IMO. the Charcoal grey would be nice if it didn't have the hideous flame pinstripe along the side... Also, they get piss poor gas mileage...
But an M5's gas mileage is, if I remember correctly, 16mpg. They aren't exactly gas efficient either...especially for a DD
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:

But an M5's gas mileage is, if I remember correctly, 16mpg. They aren't exactly gas efficient either...especially for a DD
True, but I bet a Harley F150 gets like 10-12 around town... Work is only 10 miles away, so gas mileage isnt the biggest concern, but it does matter...

[ August 11, 2010, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doing all this reading 4 pages now and just thinking about my own experiences I would honestly say if you are thinking about it this much and going back and forth this much it is time to move on. Yeah your car is sick but you clearly have it in your brain that you may get something else. It's just like with a chick once you start questioning her and thinking about other chicks it's time to replace her. Do it don't look back and enjoy it. Hell if you go through with it the M5 sucks you sell it and get something else. Either way man have fun finding a new car that is the best part about this.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

i DD my harley truck ... Its bad ass to have a nice truck to tow your nice car...
On the other hand a cts-v wouldn be a best DD ... I should have one by october if all everything goes ok

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harley trucks are whack, the bed is short as hell. You might as well get a explorer sport trac and put a termi in it.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get rid of it! Buy the "V". Get bored of the V after a year or two and sell it. Buy the new 5.0 [Wink]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

True, but I bet a Harley F150 gets like 10-12 around town... Work is only 10 miles away, so gas mileage isnt the biggest concern, but it does matter...
I get 15mpg no matter how I drive mine, my commute if I drive it to work is 2 miles each way. On a tank that's all highway I've managed 17mpg doing 80mph with the a/c and cruise on.

I use the bed of it all the time, fits motors + trans, complete IRS, complete rear ends, etc just fine, it has a bed extender and a rubber bed mat.

oh ya, and it makes 14psi and barks the 1-2, and the 2-3 shift [Eek!]

-
 -

the interior is the best part, no other truck compares.

[ August 11, 2010, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

So... like this one? [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com