Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1.. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1..
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Having two toys and no car that you can jump in and comfortably drive anywhere/anytime is all bad!

I say sell the Mach1, get the M5, put down 550rwhp in the fox, and give streakmatt a run for his money!

[worship] lol

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
LOL guys. I just went out to the garage & now I'm already having 2nd thoughts.

Ian, I hear what your saying, but I own the Notch outright, & I am still making payments on the Mach... Sometimes I feel it would be wiser if I actually daily drove the car I'm making payments on, & used the car I own, & that is CHEAP to mod & fix to beat on...

Alex, IF I do replace it, I will be replacing it with an E39 M5, Cadillac CTS-V, or Audi S4...

Hmmm... just curious, what sedan starts with a T, & ends with an R?

Seriously?

I understand selling the Mach but don't age yourself before your time. Sedans are for old dudes with gray hairs and rugrats to cart around. LOL.

The M5 is sick but beware of the maintenance costs. Don't buy an S4... unless you like break downs and cars that are tough to mod. I say CTS-V.

I guess a G8 GXP wasn't cool enough to make the list. [burnout]

LOL. Well, I am getting old, & what hair I do have left is turning slightly gray... I am aware of the maintenance cost of the M5, & thats what scares me away, bat MAN those cars are sexy as hell to me!!!! I have done my research on the E39 M5's, & they seem to be reliable, but parts cost a ton...

The CTS-V is the best bang for the buck, & alot cheaper to maintain, but not as nice as the M5 IMO. The S4 is bad@ss too, but the reliabilty scares me. The GXP would be at the top of the list, but they are out of my price range, & hard to find anyhow...

Although you know I love your car I totally feel you and can relate to this statement sometimes I climb into the Cobra and think man do younger guys think I'm trying to be the old fat bald paul walker! And on a long trip the comfort is key.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ian, I hear what your saying, but I own the Notch outright, & I am still making payments on the Mach... Sometimes I feel it would be wiser if I actually daily drove the car I'm making payments on, & used the car I own, & that is CHEAP to mod & fix to beat on...

Alex, IF I do replace it, I will be replacing it with an E39 M5, Cadillac CTS-V, or Audi S4...

Seriously?

I understand selling the Mach but don't age yourself before your time. Sedans are for old dudes with gray hairs and rugrats to cart around. LOL.

The M5 is sick but beware of the maintenance costs. Don't buy an S4... unless you like break downs and cars that are tough to mod. I say CTS-V.

LOL. Well, I am getting old, & what hair I do have left is turning slightly gray... I am aware of the maintenance cost of the M5, & thats what scares me away, bat MAN those cars are sexy as hell to me!!!! I have done my research on the E39 M5's, & they seem to be reliable, but parts cost a ton...

The CTS-V is the best bang for the buck, & alot cheaper to maintain, but not as nice as the M5 IMO. The S4 is bad@ss too, but the reliabilty scares me. The GXP would be at the top of the list, but they are out of my price range, & hard to find anyhow...

It sounds like you've been thinking pretty seriously about selling the Mach for a long time... long enough to lose hair and gain some gray over it. [Razz]

I wouldn't touch an S4 with someone elses 10 foot pole. The M5 is definitely a lustworthy uber sedan but tough to mod and hard on the wallet when they get a few miles on them. The CTS-V's do have their weak points as well but they're cheap to maintain, inexpensive to fix, and easy to mod. A Gen 1 CTS-V and a GXP are very close in almost every aspect of their performance. It doesn't hurt that the V is a good 200 pounds lighter.

The fact that you've already done so much research on a replacement tells me that you've got one foot out the door already. Cars are a lot like women. If you're thinking about leaving, then you're as good as gone already. The only catch with a car is that you have to find both a suitable replacement and a suitor for your current relationship.

I don't think you'll have a tough time selling the Mach if you get serious about selling it. You might even get pretty close to your asking price.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Having two toys and no car that you can jump in and comfortably drive anywhere/anytime is all bad!

I say sell the Mach1, get the M5, put down 550rwhp in the fox, and give streakmatt a run for his money!

[worship] lol

Luke, I would take the M5 right now, but the Mach needs to sell 1st... I doubt I will be anywhere near StreakMatt territory, but the Fox will be fast soon...
[Wink]

[ August 11, 2010, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
I think some people are missing the point of what Epik is trying to do here. Hes looking for something more practical for where he is in his life right now. If he wanted to take his lady to say S.F for the day, he doesn't want to hop in his stiff riding Mach all the way down there. He needs something comfy and smooth that he can cruise in. A nice practical everyday driver. Plus hes not looking to "Mod" this next car either. Thats what his Fox is for. As much as I want him to keep it as well, I totally understand where hes coming from and I would probably do the same thing if I were in his situation.

I see mods in his future, regardless of what he chooses... not to the extent of the Mach but I'm sure that even something as good out of the box as an M5 would be wearing "the basics".

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
I think some people are missing the point of what Epik is trying to do here. Hes looking for something more practical for where he is in his life right now. If he wanted to take his lady to say S.F for the day, he doesn't want to hop in his stiff riding Mach all the way down there. He needs something comfy and smooth that he can cruise in. A nice practical everyday driver. Plus hes not looking to "Mod" this next car either. Thats what his Fox is for. As much as I want him to keep it as well, I totally understand where hes coming from and I would probably do the same thing if I were in his situation.

This dude speaks the truth. I am looking for something more comfy to drive on a daily basis, but since I am replacing a performance car, it has to be something that won't put me to sleep, or feel like a downgrade. The Mach is not a daily right now, but I am tired of having 3 cars, driving a beater during the week while I have 2 nice cars sitting in the garage. It might just be time for me to move on....

[burnout]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
Not before our photoshoot youre not.........MOVE TO GENERAL TALK, WE AINT LETTING EPIK SELL SHIT LOL!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously?

Although you know I love your car I totally feel you and can relate to this statement sometimes I climb into the Cobra and think man do younger guys think I'm trying to be the old fat bald paul walker! And on a long trip the comfort is key.
Thanks bro. Comfort with respectable performance is my main focus right now...
[patriot]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EPIK:
[qb] LOL guys. I just went out to the garage & now I'm already having 2nd thoughts.

Seriously?

Cars are a lot like women. If you're thinking about leaving, then you're as good as gone already.
Mods, please shut down the site for a couple minutes while we all take a moment of silence to embrace the most profound wisdom that has ever graced the pages of cafords.com

Dustin, the man knows what he is talking about. Sell the damn car, get something comfy, and lets see the fox go wheels up, lol!

Anytime I have ever thought about selling a car, it was HISTORY within the next few months. [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously?

It sounds like you've been thinking pretty seriously about selling the Mach for a long time... long enough to lose hair and gain some gray over it. [Razz]

I wouldn't touch an S4 with someone elses 10 foot pole. The M5 is definitely a lustworthy uber sedan but tough to mod and hard on the wallet when they get a few miles on them. The CTS-V's do have their weak points as well but they're cheap to maintain, inexpensive to fix, and easy to mod. A Gen 1 CTS-V and a GXP are very close in almost every aspect of their performance. It doesn't hurt that the V is a good 200 pounds lighter.

The fact that you've already done so much research on a replacement tells me that you've got one foot out the door already. Cars are a lot like women. If you're thinking about leaving, then you're as good as gone already. The only catch with a car is that you have to find both a suitable replacement and a suitor for your current relationship.

I don't think you'll have a tough time selling the Mach if you get serious about selling it. You might even get pretty close to your asking price.

You are correct dave, I have been thinking about this since last Thanksgiving. Its not that I don't love the mach anymore, its just that I need something different at this point...

I agree with what your saying, but if I do any mods to these cars I will leave it at the basics. Nothing more than catback exhaust, intake, mild lowering, & nicer wheels eventually. The CTS-V is much easier to mod, but major modding is what I am trying to avoid, & a nice comfy cruiser that sounds good, looks good, & is semi fast is what I would be looking for...

[ August 11, 2010, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EPIK:
[qb] LOL guys. I just went out to the garage & now I'm already having 2nd thoughts.

Seriously?

Cars are a lot like women. If you're thinking about leaving, then you're as good as gone already.
Mods, please shut down the site for a couple minutes while we all take a moment of silence to embrace the most profound wisdom that has ever graced the pages of cafords.com

Dustin, the man knows what he is talking about. Sell the damn car, get something comfy, and lets see the fox go wheels up, lol!

Anytime I have ever thought about selling a car, it was HISTORY within the next few months. [patriot]

LMAO. Us old guys know a thing or two.

[ August 11, 2010, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously?

You are correct dave, I have been thinking about this since last Thanksgiving. Its not that I don't love the mach anymore, its just that I need something different at this point...

I agree with what your saying, but if I do any mods to these cars I will leave it at the basics. Nothing more than catback exhaust, intake, mild lowering, & nicer wheels eventually. The CTS-V is much easier to mod, but major modding is what I am trying to avoid, & a nice comfy cruiser that sounds good, looks good, & is semi fast is what I would be looking for...

I totally agree. In fact, I already referred to "the basics"... 5th post from the top, page 2.

The basics just cost less for a V. I'll admit a soft spot for the M5 though. I couldn't get past the fear of massive repair bills either.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dustin, you are not allowed to sell the car until we roll race! Mach1 vs B-headed '96 Shitbra.

And after you get your M5, I should have this, and we will race round-2

-

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

This is quickly becoming the most "EPIK" for sale thread ever. Its growing at a rapid pace and graced with stunning BMW's on every page.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Well, I made the mistake of test driving a super clean 2000 M5 today. & when I say test driving, I mean cruising it around a parking lot for 3 minutes LOL.. Man the car was nice, & road smoother than anything I have ever been in, but still firm at the same time... That is what really took my M5 love to the next level, & I really didn't even get to "DRIVE" the car yet...

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Well, I made the mistake of test driving a super clean 2000 M5 today. & when I say test driving, I mean cruising it around a parking lot for 3 minutes LOL.. Man the car was nice, & road smoother than anything I have ever been in, but still firm at the same time... That is what really took my M5 love to the next level, & I really didn't even get to "DRIVE" the car yet...

She's taunted you from across the room. Just wait until you get to take her around the block.

There is something inexplicably good about a BMW, especially the M cars. The mix of ride and handling is tough to beat. They do everything well.

I think that explains why I love the GXP so much. When Holden developed the platform, they stole a lot of the M5 engineers from BMW. The underpinnings are very similar. A lot of journalists have made the comparison to the E39 M5.

[ August 11, 2010, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yes we are..lol..for 16 yes we are [patriot] my mach is shot and i need another one to match my jacket..lol im gonna give you a holler in the morning after i talk to my lovely grand parents [patriot]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd have to agree with the so called "old guys" who say just dump it. Although I'd hate to see it go to some shit head who'll dog this shit out of it, I say dump it while you can. Like Dave said, if you've considered it, you might as well consider it gone...thats how I roll too (see sig for references [Big Grin] ).

If you're serious about an M5, I say do it! Those cars are bad ass stock! I'd slap a catback on it and roll! I'd love to get into one of those one day but the wife wants the newer 5-series bimmers more...so I may be headed that route once we have a little more money to play with. [burnout]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I'd have to agree with the so called "old guys" who say just dump it. Although I'd hate to see it go to some shit head who'll dog this shit out of it, I say dump it while you can. Like Dave said, if you've considered it, you might as well consider it gone...thats how I roll too (see sig for references [Big Grin] ).

If you're serious about an M5, I say do it! Those cars are bad ass stock! I'd slap a catback on it and roll! I'd love to get into one of those one day but the wife wants the newer 5-series bimmers more...so I may be headed that route once we have a little more money to play with. [burnout]

Yup, thats the plan Ian, M5 is my dream car right now.

BUT it is very hard to part ways with the Mach. It would be hard to watch it drive away, & that is how I have felt about every stang I owned, but I eventually got over them...

[ August 11, 2010, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man didn't know you were thinking of getting rid of her been thinking the same about my coupe and the beater I drve around thinking of dumping both and buy the 7 series late model BMW to do the all around driving and use the vert for the meets and shows and cruises ,so yea I know how you feel bro

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Man didn't know you were thinking of getting rid of her been thinking the same about my coupe and the beater I drve around thinking of dumping both and buy the 7 series late model BMW to do the all around driving and use the vert for the meets and shows and cruises ,so yea I know how you feel bro

Yup, I've been thinking about it for almost a year, but I always change my mind. I have an obsession for the 2000-2003 BMW M5. To me, it's the complete package, fast, comfy, & good looking...

Who knows what i will do at this point, but if I do keep the Mach, I will be tweaking with some of the suspension to make the ride quality a little better, & possibly going with an IRS rear setup...

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

Yup, I've been thinking about it for almost a year, but I always change my mind. I have an obsession for the 2000-2003 BMW M5. To me, it's the complete package, fast, comfy, & good looking...

Who knows what i will do at this point, but if I do keep the Mach, I will be tweaking with some of the suspension to make the ride quality a little better, & possibly going with an IRS rear setup...

Dustin, just curious but why is your suspension so "harsh?" I have the whole MM rear setup in my cobra and had it in my 95 cobra and they are both fine for DD purposes. You have the bilstein HD's and coilovers so I couldnt imagine it being worse than mine. I bring my daughter in my car all the time and I'd never bring her in a car that was too rough...maybe you;re springs are too stiff [Confused]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always believed in having a daily as nice as your weekend or toy car.the mach is super clean but you hardly drive it.I can understand if on the weekend you drive the mach a lot just to justify having it but then again you have the fox also.
As mentioned above it will be nice to have the fox,mach and also pick up the m5.just be carefull on picking one up without up to date maintenace records.I had an e36 m3 before and spent $1300 on replacing the water pump and thermostat.last year I brought the 5 series to the dealer cus no heat coming out,needless to say they didn't catch the problem the first time but it turned out to be the second water pump($2500)total both visit but luckily I had waranty still.good luck bro and post pic as soon as you pick up that bad boy [Big Grin]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Budget fix. Sell the underutilized stiff suspension, do an IRS swap, polished tailpipes, and keep that shit. No sense in wasting 4 years of payments. Pay down the Mach, sell the beater, and scrape up some down payment money for the M5...

The Mach will still be the same picture whore it always has been [Big Grin]

And, 16k is a lot. The farthest this will go is a bunch of "only if I had the money" responses...

[ August 11, 2010, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Chris83179 ]

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com