Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thank you Eminem!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Thank you Eminem!!
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

DONE

I have to say that I haven't been listening to a whole lot of rap lately because of the crap that is out now. After watching this video, I will be getting this CD. Props to Eminem for not getting a voice changer or being a follower. He kind of reminds me of a white 2Pac.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4dEaTqllY

drakes going to go down w/pac, nas, big, and jayz the best out right now

fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:

For a mainstream artist, Drake is actually decent. He doesn't act like anything he's not like 99% of these Hollywood dudes and stays in his own lane.

But in lyrical terms, this dude wouldn't stand a chance with respected emcees bar for bar. I mean.. Eminem outshined Drake on his own song (well, remix) so that statement you made is pretty big shoes to fill, especially since Eminem faded Jay-Z on that "Renegade" track also. Even Nas agrees.. listen to "Ether" lol.

I respect Drake somewhat, but this was painful to watch and you definitely wouldn't hear no Pac or Biggie getting clowned like this LOL:

Drake Hot 97.7 Freestyle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKSeyYFGRo

Affion Crockett's "Drake Spoof":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPm5tgyTmWU

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Drake is doo doo.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.
show me anything em has done lyrically harder than this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQwGyDvCUZc

i cant get down with ems lyrics at all, aliens,e pills,purple hills,tweaker moms just aint what i like on my playlist, drake is more for the grown folks lyrics are clean and not animated like em

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.

i cant get down with ems lyrics at all, aliens,e pills,purple hills,tweaker moms just aint what i like on my playlist, drake is more for the grown folks lyrics are clean and not animated like em

Listen to his new album. Em's new album is slaying everthing out there right now. It is none of that what you described. It is 100% substance. I should change my opinion Drake is not doo doo, he is actually better than a lot of rappers out there. He is just not among the elite IMO.
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you guys threw Degrassi drake in the convo for best ever! WTF you guys smoking , kids only been out what a yr. I mean i like his music a little but its mostly the hype with him and the guest spots on his songs. And to me it seems like hes got the two same type of flows on every song..

ever see the youtube clip where Drake is in the radio stuio with funk flex, and flex ask drake to drop a freestyle over the beat...then Drake proceeds to pull out his phone for his "freestyle" and trying to buy time while he fumbles on his phone for his"freestyle" he is just talking bs...what a bunch of fake shit... garbage

wish i had lil wayne writing for me too lol

[ June 24, 2010, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
you guys threw Degrassi drake in the convo for best ever! WTF you guys smoking , kids only been out what a yr. I mean i like his music a little but its mostly the hype with him and the guest spots on his songs. And to me it seems like hes got the two same type of flows on every song..

ever see the youtube clip where Drake is in the radio stuio with funk flex, and flex ask drake to drop a freestyle over the beat...then Drake proceeds to pull out his phone for his "freestyle" and trying to buy time while he fumbles on his phone for his"freestyle" he is just talking bs...what a bunch of fake shit... garbage

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drake, are you fn joking? You must also like wearing 50 dollar Tshirts with tin foil and bedazzler trinkets all over it. Drake is from the suburbs, even Eminem is blacker than Drake. [Roll Eyes]
fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

See my post. And it's the other way around, Drake ghostwrote for Lil Wayne. Gillie Da Kid used to ghostwrite for Wayne also (Carter 1).. they had a fallout and then Gillie murdered him on wax, Wayne just had the bigger mic.

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.

Listen to his new album. Em's new album is slaying everthing out there right now. It is none of that what you described. It is 100% substance. I should change my opinion Drake is not doo doo, he is actually better than a lot of rappers out there. He is just not among the elite IMO.
^^ EXACTLY what homeboy said.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.

His usual formula is using a gimmicky beat/hook and stirring up controversy as a first single (which is successful, check his past record sales) but this time around he went back to the old, raw Em.. thus having "Not Afraid" as his first single instead of "My Name Is" or "The Real Slim Shady" type track. Pouring your heart out and talking about real shit is one thing... Drake does that well BUT so does Em. The difference is Eminem's rhyme pattern, multi syllables on the SAME bar type rhyme scheme is far superior than Drake's. WAY superior. If you can't break that down, you must be a casual Hip Hop listener.

As for show you something harder than the Drake link you put up... should I put up the Benzino, Cannibus, Jermain Dupri, Ja Rule/Murder Inc, Kim, etc etc disses?? Those alone are harder than anything Drake has done so far. Dude would get slaughtered, period. There's a reason why he's respected in the Hip Hop community, and it's not cause his label pays for his songs to be played every 5mins on the radio til the listeners are programmed to like his music cause you've heard it 50 million times.

FWIW, I'm not an Eminem fan one bit.

[ June 24, 2010, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: fortyoz ]

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drake is pretty dope. But his new album sucks. IMO.
Its too much of the same mushy love song stuff.
Em is on top right now. Nuff said.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

you guys crack me up with the"he aint hood,he aint black,he aint ghetto suburb stuff" whats that matter? i kno plenty of hood cats that cant rap at all? drake is on another level,check the radio,charts ect....i like em though...did someone mention ja rule? hahahahahahahahaha
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typical Cafords...full of hate...Ca"haters"Fords...As far as the topic on hand, Drake is what he is...Trey Songz that raps better than he sings...Should he be in any best ever discussions?...No, but he is talented and his album is solid...As for the Em's recovery album, it is solid, probably a step above drake album due strictly to lyrical content, but the pop formula is pretty similar...the best songs on the album embodies the same popular formula used by wayne and drake's on their albums...

N8, The only reason you like this album is because of the Dr. Dre production that has hints of the late 90's rap you constantly talk about...Every rapper you talk about being decent are outdated and would not or are no longer rap relevant except Em, but honestly I will always put Em in his own category...And the fact that you favor the Hotboys Wayne compared to the Wayne now just shows how old you are...You sound like the old heads who complain about rap not being real music...Young Money is the now and Wayne and Em are 1a and 1b, where Em is superior lyrically Wayne makes up for it in his delivery, flow and versatility...

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did i just read that Drake is on par with Pac/BIG/Jay Z?

OMG.

Drake is an average rapper at best. He is doing nothing new.

eminem is the closet thing to 2pac we have right now.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:

OMG.

Close?...like a foot is to a mile...Em is closer to Jay than Pac...and I agree Drake is average, but has room to grow...In my eyes no one is close to Pac and Em, Jay, and Wayne together would be close, but even then not close enough...
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

young money is garbage besides drake and lil wayne is good sometimes
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:

Nicki Minaj will be as big if not bigger than Drake...
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:

Nicki Minaj will be as big if not bigger than Drake...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha worste lady to touch a mic shes trash
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:

OMG.

Close?...like a foot is to a mile...Em is closer to Jay than Pac...and I agree Drake is average, but has room to grow...In my eyes no one is close to Pac and Em, Jay, and Wayne together would be close, but even then not close enough...
I think eminem is on par with 2pac. He outsold 2pac. His songs have so much emotion in them. Some full of anger, some full of sadness. Some are crazy as hell.

2pac is a bit overrated in my eyes.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
N8, The only reason you like this album is because of the Dr. Dre production that has hints of the late 90's rap you constantly talk about...Every rapper you talk about being decent are outdated and would not or are no longer rap relevant except Em, but honestly I will always put Em in his own category...And the fact that you favor the Hotboys Wayne compared to the Wayne now just shows how old you are...You sound like the old heads who complain about rap not being real music...Young Money is the now and Wayne and Em are 1a and 1b, where Em is superior lyrically Wayne makes up for it in his delivery, flow and versatility...

You are plum silly if you think Wayne is tighter now than when he was with the hotboys....lol. By you saying that show your age. You too young to know your ass from a hole in the ground. Thats the issue with you young whippersnappers. Pac, DMX, Nas, Jay-Z and Eminem are the rappers I would consider worthy of what ya'll offering oh yea and Biggie. Hell Ludacris will eat Drake. Rap in general is in a terrible state. No one out there from the new sh*t is killin it. Rap is up for the taking right now.

Like I said, Em is slaying them with this album 100% substance.

See the difference is you "hear" Drake. You listen to "Eminem". One day you guys will grow up and learn what good music is. It is so much more than a dance step and catchy hook

[ June 25, 2010, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

I honestly dont get the hype for Drake, What does this guy do thats so special? He tries to act hard but the fact is he was on a nickelodeon show.
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You are plum silly if you think Wayne is tighter now than when he was with the hotboys....lol. By you saying that show your age. You too young to know your ass from a hole in the ground. Thats the issue with you young whippersnappers. Pac, DMX, Nas, Jay-Z and Eminem are the rappers I would consider worthy of what ya'll offering oh yea and Biggie. Hell Ludacris will eat Drake. Rap in general is in a terrible state. No one out there from the new sh*t is killin it. Rap is up for the taking right now.

Like I said, Em is slaying them with this album 100% substance.

See the difference is you "hear" Drake. You listen to "Eminem". One day you guys will grow up and learn what good music is. It is so much more than a dance step and catchy hook

Drake, Wayne, and Kanye are the only people moving units in this rap climate...No other artists are even coming close...DMX, Jay, and Nas are all close to 40 years old now and are no longer truely relevant...In the late 90's and early 2000's they were very good, but that was close to 10 years or more ago...2pac is the greatest, but his best work was also from the mid to late 90's...some almost 15 years or more ago...Em is a great rapper, but if you listen to his album the substance you hear is the dr dre production and an artist who is realizing that his popularity is slipping check track #2...We know Em is great lyrically, but I found listening to some songs that his flow and delivery did not match the type of production of the track, but overall it was a good album, but honestly not better than his first 2 albums...N8, let me ask you a simple question regarding Wayne...When exactly did Wayne becoming relevant in Hiphop? Hmmm...After he dropped the Hot boy flow and did the Carter 1...And then killed it on the Carter 2 and truly delivered on the Carter 3...I have every Wayne Album for the block is hot and lights out to his latest rock album and No Ceilings...Besides the rock album, the growth from The block is hot album to the No Ceilings Mixtape is significant and better period, Flow, Delivery, and Lyrically...If you don't have the No Ceilings Mixtape go pick it up because it is killing this Em CD and it is only a mixtape...
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drake, Lil Wayne and Kanye are running the rap game into the ground.
Found their newest song here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKZkC8u3_c

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Drake, Lil Wayne and Kanye are running the rap game into the ground.
Found their newest song here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKZkC8u3_c

I think it is just flat out amazing that you have not got banned yet...The internet is the best place for you because stuff like that would get you cut short in the real world...The stuff you post are just ridiculous and inappropriate!
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fortyoz:
quote:

See my post. And it's the other way around, Drake ghostwrote for Lil Wayne. Gillie Da Kid used to ghostwrite for Wayne also (Carter 1).. they had a fallout and then Gillie murdered him on wax, Wayne just had the bigger mic.

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.

^^ EXACTLY what homeboy said.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Drake is doo doo.

His usual formula is using a gimmicky beat/hook and stirring up controversy as a first single (which is successful, check his past record sales) but this time around he went back to the old, raw Em.. thus having "Not Afraid" as his first single instead of "My Name Is" or "The Real Slim Shady" type track. Pouring your heart out and talking about real shit is one thing... Drake does that well BUT so does Em. The difference is Eminem's rhyme pattern, multi syllables on the SAME bar type rhyme scheme is far superior than Drake's. WAY superior. If you can't break that down, you must be a casual Hip Hop listener.

As for show you something harder than the Drake link you put up... should I put up the Benzino, Cannibus, Jermain Dupri, Ja Rule/Murder Inc, Kim, etc etc disses?? Those alone are harder than anything Drake has done so far. Dude would get slaughtered, period. There's a reason why he's respected in the Hip Hop community, and it's not cause his label pays for his songs to be played every 5mins on the radio til the listeners are programmed to like his music cause you've heard it 50 million times.

FWIW, I'm not an Eminem fan one bit.

is that right? no wonder they say wayne has never put paper to pen lol I did not know that.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com