Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thank you Eminem!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Thank you Eminem!!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For breathing life back into rap. The Recovery album is dope. He is sh*ttin on cats right now. Funny thing is I hate lil Wayne, but the song he spits on even he came tight. Took it back to the Hot Boys days with his flow. I guess he has to be on a song where he isnt the best rapper to come tight.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
For breathing life back into rap. The Recovery album is dope. He is sh*ttin on cats right now. Funny thing is I hate lil Wayne, but the song he spits on even he came tight. Took it back to the Hot Boys days with his flow. I guess he has to be on a song where he isnt the best rapper to come tight.

The HOT BOYS were the SHIT! "The block is hot, the block is hot..." [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
n8 brother can you ups me a copy? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGNBREW'Z:
n8 brother can you ups me a copy? [Confused]

[ June 22, 2010, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

DONE

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Chuggn, PM your email address.

[ June 22, 2010, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is the cd in stores yet?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
is the cd in stores yet?

yup
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will donate to his fund!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eminem is a beast. These days rap music has turned into pop with a heavy bass line and voice through a plug-in.
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely tight! A rare breed of artist that can put meaningful lyrics together without a auto-tune hook. Goes to show all the youngsters out there you don't have to wear a big chain & ride big rims to have real "street credit". Bravo Eminem, Bravo! If you do like this, You should check out the new Talib Kweli & Hi Tek " Revolutions Per Minute"

[ June 22, 2010, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: snakebit95 ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
Definitely tight! A rare breed of artist that can put meaningful lyrics together without a auto-tune hook. Goes to show all the youngsters out there you don't have to wear a big chain & ride big rims to have real "street credit". Bravo Eminem, Bravo! If you do like this, You should check out the new Talib Kweli & Hi Tek " Revolutions Per Minute"

I listened to the album like 5 times today. And each time I found new things to rewind while saying "Did he just say that"? Dude is a genius lyrically. That fool said "....like Michael J Fox with a etch a sketch". hahahah.

Also this album seemed hella personal and introspective. Only 3 rap artists to date IMO can make you feel their pain and thoughts through song. That was Pac, DMX and Slim Shady. All songs on this album seem genuine and some seem to come from a dark place in his strange ass too.

This one better get 5 mics.

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the single that was released recently... will have to check out the rest of the CD then! The Mariah one was off the hook though [worship]

[ June 22, 2010, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: DLo ]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

DONE

[Eek!] that boy EMIMNEM is on a hole new level [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
is the cd in stores yet?

yup
im going to have to get it [Big Grin] [dance]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

The HOT BOYS were the SHIT! "The block is hot, the block is hot..." [dance]
oh yeah, and "GET OFF THE CORNER!"

those are the two Wayne songs that got me started on lil being in my top 3 since that came out

[ June 22, 2010, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Recovery is IMO his best work to date! His lyrics are crisper and more murderous than anything his ever spit on - hands down. Like N8 said, Each time I listen I find something new - dude is bonkers but it makes his rhymes entertaining as HELL.

He's got some collaborations with Slaughterhouse too - doing things with Crooked I - Em's knows good talent when he hears it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5t8dIrqeNA

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Em is back for sure this cd is dope!
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been an Em fan since day one. I'm glad hes back from the drugs and shit. His lyrics are back on point too. Ive had this CD for a litte over a week now, He is definitely spitting on this one. I wouldn't go as far as saying its his best ever, I'll say a tie for 2nd with his second album The Marshall Mathers LP. Slim Shady LP still tops them all..

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. +1
Brain Damage and Criminal were dope as hell.
This new album is bad ass tho.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picking this up tomorrow, Haven't wanted to buy a cd in a long time....Em is rippn it!!!!!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a great album but nothing will ever top Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBeVT0q5Ss

Ill buy the album though. As far as flow and delivery, id say Recovery is up there with him at his best but nothing will top the craziness of his lyrics from the first 2 albums

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

This is by far his best album IMO. 100% substance. No big rims, No champagne poppin, no "N" word, no bunch of people featured on songs.

ALL rappers need to take notes.

But I still think my favorite song of his is "I Am"

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
This is by far his best album IMO. 100% substance. No big rims, No champagne poppin, no "N" word, no bunch of people featured on songs.

ALL rappers need to take notes.

But I still think my favorite song of his is "I Am"

MY FAV EM song is "i just dont give a fuck"
and cant forget superman, without me, puke,

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been a fan since infinite

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com