Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » street bike owners (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: street bike owners
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thinking about buying a bike this year would love some feedback on bikes that you have or have opinions on...

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
king_jays_50
¯
Member # 9513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for king_jays_50  Ford pictures for king_jays_50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much experience do u have?
Posts: 711 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a 07 r6..love it..went from my r1 to the r6...and wont go back unless i want that top end..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
thinking about buying a bike this year would love some feedback on bikes that you have or have opinions on...

Get a Kawi ZX10 or ZX14R.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not that fun unless some of your boys have bikes too..
riding alone sucks.

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a Ducati owner and would have a hard time moving back to a Japanese bike. Your bike selection should depend on your skill level... if you're a new rider, don't get a turbo charged Hyabusa, etc.

[ April 08, 2010, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of people on the board including myself have Honda's. They are user friendly, reliable, and comfortable. Zx10s and gsxrs might be faster at the track, but for everyday riding they are not as refined as the Honda's. This is assuming you want a sportbike, and not a crusier or touring bike. What you are into will determine which bike is best for you.
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cousin has a bad ass 06 busa with 1,200 miles he wants 6,900 the thing is like new never droped imo thats the baddest bike

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
my cousin has a bad ass 06 busa with 1,200 miles he wants 6,900 the thing is like new never droped imo thats the baddest bike

ZX14R > Busa

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jaejae.... Don't buy anything bigger then a 600 for your first bike. I really don't ride but have friends that do. Alot of people lay down bikes because they ride way to fast and don't have the basics down.
Take a riding class it will help you out [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I started out with a Ninja 250 for three years and moved up to a F4i. There are two different crowds...some say to start out with a 250/500 and move up and another group will say to start out with at least a 600 because you will get bored of the 250.

Taking the 250 to the track and seeing how fast those guys go really put me in my place and showed me that no matter how "slow" I thought the bike was on the street, it was still beyond my skill level. It took my about 3 years to learn to push the 250 to it's max potential.

Either way I would suggest to buy a used bike, some good gear and have some fun!

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm selling my 07 gsxr 600 clean title never dropped and 13k miles with brand new tires and full service done to haven't ridden it sincethat was all done. Have u been on a street bike b4?
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
A lot of people on the board including myself have Honda's. They are user friendly, reliable, and comfortable. Zx10s and gsxrs might be faster at the track, but for everyday riding they are not as refined as the Honda's. This is assuming you want a sport bike, and not a cruiser or touring bike. What you are into will determine which bike is best for you.

typical honda owner! how do you figure that other s.b.'s aren't as refined as a honda?
imho i like suzukis and kowis because you sit lower in the bike, i feel more control.
hondas imo feel like im sitting as high as the top of the gas tank, plus the seats suck.....there hard as hell!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What you need to do is go to a dealer or bike place and sit on them for yourself that's how you know what bikes for you.have a feeling of it.I always wanted a r6 but once I sat on it and everything I didn't like it I likes the gsxr 600 instead.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd agree with Fastertoys..if you dont people who ride, like some of your boys, its not all that. I mean riding in general is fun as hell, but going through twisties and just cruising around alone gets old.

At one point, about a dozen of my boys had bikes and we would ride at least 3 times a week...after work and weekends. It was one ofthe best times of my life [Big Grin] Then I sold mine and the rest of them ended up slowly sleling theirs too.

If you're serious about getting one though, I'd HIGHLY recommend an R6...03+ are my choice of flavor [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take the safety course, and then decide what you want your first bike to be.
Read the first post.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188730

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
its not that fun unless some of your boys have bikes too..
riding alone sucks.

+100!!!!
I've had 3 bikes and ended up selling them bc none of my boys had bikes. It was fun but got kinda boring...I did LOVE owning my 929 n r1 at the same time bc I felt like I had a diff chick everyday! [Big Grin]

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would of bought a boke but o wanted bumpers instead, plus i kno how stupid i get @ times.

But ill have one by next year

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

ZX14R > Busa
i dont get it

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

ZX14R > Busa
i dont get it
zx14r shits on the busa
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i couldnt agree anymore with slowback....your more than likely gooing to go down if you try to jump right on a 1000cc bike....a 600 is plenty if all you want to do is ride on the street and hit the twistys with friends....AND TAKE THE MOTO SAFETY COURSE....IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. i learned a ton of things that help me everyday and i ride my cbr600 everyday

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
zx10 04-05 or an 07 hands down best years for kawi 1000. Rode a 04 and 07 very comfy lots o power and fun. Dont be afraid to get a 1000 everyone says its too much bike for a beginner but any bike is to much for a dumbass. I got bored on a 600 couldnt keep up with my 1000 friends lol

Or just be a bad ass and get a harley with a kicker [patriot]

[ April 08, 2010, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: RyanM... ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
A lot of people on the board including myself have Honda's. They are user friendly, reliable, and comfortable. Zx10s and gsxrs might be faster at the track, but for everyday riding they are not as refined as the Honda's. This is assuming you want a sport bike, and not a cruiser or touring bike. What you are into will determine which bike is best for you.

typical honda owner! how do you figure that other s.b.'s aren't as refined as a honda?
imho i like suzukis and kowis because you sit lower in the bike, i feel more control.
hondas imo feel like im sitting as high as the top of the gas tank, plus the seats suck.....there hard as hell!

Hondas kick ass and the rest suck, rode all the jap bikes and each have their own character. But the Honda's always felt more stable in the twisties and easier to manuever around a parking lot. Wouldnt hesitate to buy either a Kawi or Suzuki if you could get a good deal though. Yamas are cool too, just have to wait for that power band to hit.
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by RyanM...:
zx10 04-05 or an 07 hands down best years for kawi 1000. Rode a 04 and 07 very comfy lots o power and fun. Dont be afraid to get a 1000 everyone says its too much bike for a beginner but any bike is to much for a dumbass. I got bored on a 600 couldnt keep up with my 1000 friends lol

Or just be a bad ass and get a harley with a kicker [patriot]

This. A 1000 is not too much for a "responsible" rider. I got bored of a 600 quickstyle (although I love my GSXR750 for the track). For everyday riding a 1k CC sport bike is so much better, from passing card, to ease of riding.

DO NOT get a 1000 cc bike if you are a dumbass or you will die. If you are responsible, can keep your right hand in check, then I would go that route.

For racing though, I would go with a 600 or 750 as they rail the turns.

Also, riding by yourself is fine, dont let them scare you.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I started off with a 748s Ducati shown in my avatar. A lot of people tried to get me to get another bike because I would eventually crash it . That wasn't the case, as long as you respect the bike and dont ride above your limits, esepecially on the streets you should be fine. You need to know your limitations and don't act a fool when your riding. I was never into stunting which could be a big part. I since sold my Ducati and now have a 08 R6 and 06 GSXR 600. Both are awesome bikes and are plenty of power. Im nowhere near to riding the bike out, so there is no need for more power. You can't really go wrong with any of the Japanese bikes. I prefer the GSXR or R6.

I don't know you but based off your post I can tell your personality more or less. If your the same member that swings your mustang at the sideshows and whatnot. If you go with that same mentality while your on a bike. Your time living will be ticking down very soon. You're going wanna do a wheelie or stoppie or whatever to get the crowd or whoever is watching you going. But that's when shit gets dangerous, really dangerous.

Whatever you do, just think really hard before you act.

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com