Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » terminated 65 mustang build *VIDEO* (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: terminated 65 mustang build *VIDEO*
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good for you man, after all that work that you put into it, then seeing you had put it up for sale just wasn't right!

I have no idea what a pullied/ported Eaton makes at the wheels, but mid-low 10's in a clean old-school Mustang sounds better than 99% of everything else on the road.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aint nothing wrong with having a street car that can go 10s... i can't take nothing away from you wanting to put some miles on that thing, but what if you put the turbos back on and run 10s on low boost? hopefully one day cut a low nine with it turned up just a lil. Sick either way bro, keep updating [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty tight.

Can't wait till I grow up and get a reaj job....

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
not to take away anything from your current set up because its sick as fuck...

but that picture of the grill with the fat intercooler is just plain sexy

I have to agree, not to take anything away from the ride cause its bad ass and wish I could have one but the cool factor would of been 1000 X better with the turbo, anybody can throw a eaton on a cobra motor I liked how you were going the turbo route. maybe youll change your mind and go back to the turbo [Big Grin] keep up the good work

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
i have always loved the idea of an older muscle car with modern parts.

its just sexy

+1

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for all the positive comments! im toying with the idea of doing a compound boost setup just for the wow factor.i have alot of the turbo stuff still and wouldn't take much.we will se how the eaton runs.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its been along time since i updated since my computuer took a shit. have made alot of progress and its almost ready to hit the dyno!!! i will be getting exhaust done this week. motor is ready to fire!!!!!

-
 -

--------------------
fast and cool shit

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN [worship] [worship] [burnout]

looking good

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
omg that thing is gonna be brutal...are you not going to run an intercooler?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not to take anything away from the car but my friend use to pick up fat chicks in that caR before you owned it. LOL!!

I love it. Cant wait to see it when its done.

[ January 18, 2010, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: twins ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like this build.... I'm happy to see your getting close to dyno day.

What radiator are you running? What size tire is in the front?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully taxes will bring a large twin screw to the picture. It has a factory heat exchanger on it you can see it in front of the rad.I bought the cat from texas so they are really fat over there no wonder I needed to do so much sheet metal in the floors.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

summit brand rad. Worked fine for the 408. Its not the best looking but this isn't a show car by any means. Just a street and track brawler. Front tires are 275/40/17 on a 9 1/2" rim

--------------------
fast and cool shit

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car is looking good man

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twins:
not to take anything away from the car but my friend use to pick up fat chicks in that caR before you owned it. LOL!!

I love it. Cant wait to see it when its done.

fat chicks need lovin to man!
and donuts

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

-

--------------------
fast and cool shit

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice keep us updated

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
twin screw ftw!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
twin screw ftw!!!

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
twin screw ftw!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Yup

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Yup

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Is there an echo lol

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Is there an echo lol

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com