Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Can you find out who is making anonymous police calls (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Can you find out who is making anonymous police calls
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to give you a little backdrop. I live in a very well established neighborhood. Everyone has been here for like over 30+ years, old, retired, white (but not playing the race card). Well every time I move my cars around because I am getting ready to paint my truck they call the cops. A couple of cars aren't regged so I dont leave them on the street long. And also my nephews car is at my house and it has been parked for a bit. Collected a little dust. But I drive it sometimes so they know its mine. But some called in a possible stolen car. Shit is irritating. I am almost sure who it is. But I want to know who keeps making bogus ass calls on me. Was wondering if you can request that info from the police. I have a couple of friends that are SPD but I dont want to involve them if there is another process.
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck with that. the cops won't part with that info.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
n8

im going threw the same shit all you can do is hope it stops some poeple call cause they just dont like what they see so when 50 comes by
they will see the bs and not respond or take their sweet ass time just talk to the police when them come by and do your best cutomer service smile they mite drop a hint of whos doin it [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well they were called on me for my dogs one time. And the Animal control people did slip up and say who it is. But it was neighbor behind me that dont like it when my dogs bark.

To top it off, the dude I think it is, is hating on me because I outbid him on our house (well came with the cash faster). I didnt even know who I was bidding against. Anyway I have friends in the PD I can get the info from them. but really dont like asking them to do stuff that may jeopardize their jobs.

I am afraid that one day when I really do need them. They wont come because all the bogus calls. I am the new family on the block, the youngest by far and black. Hate to see it as a race issue but I am starting to lean that way. No reason to be messing with me. I mean one time I moved my car and had it on the street for like 10 minutes while I moved my truck into position and the called on me....WTF!

[ June 06, 2008, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just a question, but are your cars of lower value than what is usually in the neighborhood? People don't like seeing junk, non operating cars or cars that are being work on that are parked on the street. Non reg cars fit that category too. Hell I had 14 cars up until a few months ago and I used to park them everywhere, but making sure not to park them in people's "usual" spots. People get funny over "their" spots even though its a public street. So I make sure not to take those spots and the peeps are happy.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I honestly doubt that race is a factor. You never know, but I know a lot of people who don't like wrecked or beater cars parked on their street, because they think it brings down the reputation of the neighborhood. If that makes you feel any better about it.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow n8 im in the same situation but time will tell cause the dude who my family out bid for this house lost his house and moved out
now no police on the 4th of july in oakland comin threw for a car parked too far from the curb lol
cops comin to my house on the 4th in oakland when the rest of the fucken shit town sounds like iraq
also these assholes work with other neighbors too
so atleast 1 down [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

+1 for what cummins said [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well, the cars at this point are less than desireable. But those are not parked on the street but my garage. But all together I have 6 cars. SO when I paint in the garage I have to shuffle around cars. And the cars that are primered or being worked on are on the streets for no longer than 10 -20 minutes. The car that is on the street consistantly is a 96 toyota celica and it runs and looks pretty good. So no I am not really bringing down the value of the neighborhood. I do understand and respect everyone on that. I dont think it is race either but rather assholism. but it is real irritating. I am going to start being a asshole neighbor as well.

[ June 06, 2008, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you just answered your own question when you said the cars are less than desirable. It doesn't matter if they are parked in your driveway if the neighborhood has to look at that every day then they ain't gonna like it. They feel like its bringing the neighborhood down. They also may not like you painting in your garage. Maybe they think you are doing this as a business? Some peeps don't like a quiet neighborhood being turned into a biz. Plus you got dogs barking all the time and have 6 cars, some of which are not registered and some less than desirable. If you didn't tell me you were black I wouldn't believe it. You sound like a REDNECK to me!!! LOL.

But lets see from an outside stand point. You move into a quiet little white hood that has been the way it is for 30 years with the same families. You are black. You have all these cars which are not up to par. You have dogs barking all the time. You basically just disrupted what has been established for years. So it doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for the neighborhood to complain. I would too!

--------------------

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It happened to my friend who is white in a white neighbor hood, anyhow the cops got sick of coming out for BS calls and ended up telling my boy who was calling, a quick knock on the door stopped the calls. The cops will tell you just ask them, if not go to the house and knock on the door, point blank ask dude. Sounds to me like you feel out of place and might be being a little to nice, start muggin your neghbors and shit LOL.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well yea and no. The cars are in the garage 99.75% of the time, as I rarely have time to paint these days. My other 4 (06 Durango, 08 c70, 96 celica and 88 GT) cars are nice and frankly are are better than the cars they have if that matters (which shouldnt). All my cars fit in my driveway. My dogs are inside dogs (ankle biters). I guess in my post it sounds like some weird crap going on. but believe me nothing even worthy of calling the cops. Thus nothing ever happens when they show up. It is just irritating. And unwarranted. But what I did do was disrupt the neighborhood. Black, young, 5 boys, that is the only thing that disrupts the situation. but I hate to think it is that.

DAVE50

You hit it on the head. I basically am being too nice. That is what also kills me. These dudes be saying hi and trying to have convo. And I be just wanting to slap the shit out of them. Knowing they could possibly be the one calling on me. I told one neighbor dont say shit to me....lol.

[ June 06, 2008, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well yea and no. The cars are in the garage 99.75% of the time, as I rarely have time to paint these days. My other 4 (06 Durango, 08 c70, 96 celica and 88 GT) cars are nice and frankly are are better than the cars they have if that matters (which shouldnt). All my cars fit in my driveway. My dogs are inside dogs (ankle biters). I guess in my post it sounds like some weird crap going on. but believe me nothing even worthy of calling the cops. Thus nothing ever happens when they show up. It is just irritating. And unwarranted. But what I did do was disrupt the neighborhood. Black, young, 5 boys, that did disrupt the situation. but I hate to think it is that.

and? Like I said its time to be a dick. Knock on a few doors and ask people if its them. Tell the people behind you to stop calling animal control. Do the same thing you would in any other neighborhood. Start confronting them and quit walking on eggshells, fuck em.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortunately, unless you have some ties in the PD you will not find out who is calling you in.

I have neighbors like this as well. They bitch about my car being loud, and working on it in the street (which is legal as long as it’s not a major repair), and pretty much anything else they can.

However, it’s easy for me to tell who is calling in because I have talked to all my neighbors and I can tell by the way they act around me and shit who is responsible for the bullshit.

Really the only thing you can do is just watch yourself and make sure you really are not doing anything “illegal” as far as county laws and shit like parking in the same place for extended amounts of time… I think it’s like 72 hours or something gay like that I don’t know…

Just make sure you keep yourself in check and as long as you do that, they are wasting their own breath and time calling you in.

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

lol @ Dave

Man I really want to take it there. but we all have to live in the neighborhood. Tho I may start inquiring about the BS of calling the cops. I am actually 99.89% sure it is one of 2 neighbors. But when I get upset I tend to wear it on my sleeves. And last thing I want to do is come across as threatening. But yea, I am approaching my limit. Plus my wife gets really upset when I act out.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Actually what I am thinking about doing is getting my more "ethnic" cars out of storage and parking them on the street. They are 100% legal and I am sure will get a rise out of the neighbors.
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well yea and no. The cars are in the garage 99.75% of the time, as I rarely have time to paint these days. My other 4 (06 Durango, 08 c70, 96 celica and 88 GT) cars are nice and frankly are are better than the cars they have if that matters (which shouldnt). All my cars fit in my driveway. My dogs are inside dogs (ankle biters). I guess in my post it sounds like some weird crap going on. but believe me nothing even worthy of calling the cops. Thus nothing ever happens when they show up. It is just irritating. And unwarranted. But what I did do was disrupt the neighborhood. Black, young, 5 boys, that did disrupt the situation. but I hate to think it is that.

and? Like I said its time to be a dick. Knock on a few doors and ask people if its them. Tell the people behind you to stop calling animal control. Do the same thing you would in any other neighborhood. Start confronting them and quit walking on eggshells, fuck em.
and +1 on dave 50's response... that would be more my approach... but like i said you also gotta make sure you are actually following county codes because once you start knocking on doors and being an asshole right back to them (and there is nothing wrong with that because they probably deserve it) they will just want to get back at you and they will only call in more and cause more grief for you.

but yeah, what he said^

just make sure you are actually not doing anything wrong. they are wasting their own time if that's the case.

Molotov Cocktail FTW???? [Big Grin]

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Actually what I am thinking about doing is getting my more "ethnic" cars out of storage and parking them on the street. They are 100% legal and I am sure will get a rise out of the neighbors.

that would be badass.

you should buy an old ass "rape van" like this one and park it in the street.

except make sure yours has no windows... cause otherwise it isn't a true RV

-

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
lol @ Dave

Man I really want to take it there. but we all have to live in the neighborhood. Tho I may start inquiring about the BS of calling the cops. I am actually 99.89% sure it is one of 2 neighbors. But when I get upset I tend to wear it on my sleeves. And last thing I want to do is come across as threatening. But yea, I am approaching my limit. Plus my wife gets really upset when I act out.

Naw dont even do it rudely, just knocking on the door will scare them. Play dumb with em tell them someone keeps calling the cops for BS reasons and youre trying to find out who it is and why. Quit "cupcakin". I went thru the same thing when I was younger and started getting peoples attention and the BS stopped. Or you can buy a flag pole, raise a confederate flag and surrender. Im thinking the flag would be funny. Just remember you pay your payment and taxes the same as all of them...

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let them call Nate...When they show up ask them in or if they want something to drink or some other idiot thing. They'll see who is the better man. I've never had a cop 'not' tell me who was the caller in the neighborhood. Also the other neighbors know who it is. You'll find out sooner or later and when you do just go up and ask them what the deal is?

I was workin on a bmw one weekend and had the whole front end out and spread all over the sidewalk and the car was in the street,...big coolant stain on the road blah blah blah and cop pulls up. I didn't even look at him just kept doin my thing. He asks me some questions about why I'm working on my car in the street and this and that and I basically told him I go no where else to work on it, I could leave it here if he wants. I asked him strait out so who called on me, he turn and pointed to the corner house. He had no problem spillin the beens.

Another time same people called on my cause I had three cars parked in the street when I lived with my parents. Cops came by and asked why are all these in parked in the street. I told them I can only drive one at a time, asked if there was a law against owning a few cars at once. They were hella uglys car but registered and drive every week and insured. Again I asked who called they pointed to the corner house and left.

After that their house somehow go broken into when they were on vacation. I didn't do it though but I might know who did. [Wink]

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

quote:
After that their house somehow go broken into when they were on vacation. I didn't do it though but I might know who did. [Wink] [/QB]
Nice. LOL
[patriot]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Bunch of thugs....

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
It happened to my friend who is white in a white neighbor hood, anyhow the cops got sick of coming out for BS calls and ended up telling my boy who was calling, a quick knock on the door stopped the calls. The cops will tell you just ask them, if not go to the house and knock on the door, point blank ask dude. Sounds to me like you feel out of place and might be being a little to nice, start muggin your neghbors and shit LOL.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Thanks Don for that post. The solution is all so clear now....lol [Roll Eyes]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You've got enough feedback from the thugs/MORONS of the site.

Nate, you know what I'd do. Don't give them a reason to call and they won't call. Be the upstanding neighbor you sound like and in time they will know you for that and the calls will subside.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com