Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who is into that whole hyphy stuff? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who is into that whole hyphy stuff?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn SJ is all dudes now? I remember going out down there to snatch up SJ hoes when I was a youngsta, when we got tired of our east oakland hoes. We used to go to a club called "The Booty Crack" no joking that was the name. And one called DB Coopers. I loved SJ hoes. Dudes were kinda corny to me, but the girls were cool.

As far as hyphy, I actually went out with some old friends from the Murda Dubs days. And we happened upon a sideshow and posted up for a while. While it was a bit more animated then what I am used to, it was kinda cool. Youngstas was cool on that given night. I dont dig the hyphy movement (because I am too old to be apart of it), but I gotta love my people for their trendsettin abilities. I went to Boulder CO on business and they were gettin hyphy out there. SHits contagious.

[ May 25, 2007, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6 pages...

Can't say 'ghetto', the word ghetto is actually is a geographical place not a person or persons actions. Honestly to me hyphy is what it is. I think it will end up like mullets or chick jeans that zip in the back,...they went out of style but some still sport it.

[ May 26, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 man you must be old school! I remember DB Coopers. How about the Oasis, Paradise Beach, Studio 47, San Jose Live, Cheers. I pulled a lot of ass out of San Ho!!! I may even have a few kids I don't know about!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkPina:
quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
no, voodoo and yes i know they are playin some gay as music now a days. there tryin to get a better crowd.

wait a min? you work at voodoo.... it's the only place i really go to in sj... i love voodoo [Whoo Whooooo!] (sorry melanie lol)
yep think i've seen you in there before to. I seen you know jechia. she knows me. jacob

[ May 26, 2007, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: poisonpony96 ]

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think its just a phase...it was ok at first but it has gone overeboard....everyone is gettin hyphy & ghost ridin even the dam police.. hahahaha [dance] [dance] [dance]
BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
no, voodoo and yes i know they are playin some gay as music now a days. there tryin to get a better crowd.

wait a min? you work at voodoo.... it's the only place i really go to in sj... i love voodoo [Whoo Whooooo!] (sorry melanie lol)
yep think i've seen you in there before to. I seen you know jechia. she knows me. jacob
omg haha i know who you are now! hi! [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/laurenjennifer22
00nhra edt formula-lid, cutout, pulley, ls6 intake rip
00 t/a- fipk filter, electric cutout, lt headers

Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
N8 man you must be old school! I remember DB Coopers. How about the Oasis, Paradise Beach, Studio 47, San Jose Live, Cheers. I pulled a lot of ass out of San Ho!!! I may even have a few kids I don't know about!

Yea man I have been around man, I had a burnt orange cutlass that was legendary in San jose...lol. I got into a real bad brawl at San Jose live tho. Still have the scar to this day. [patriot]

Hyphy is alright, I agree with J-Dub it is a fad and is just what is in to the youngstas these days. Like Cross-Color Jeans and Africa Medallions was the shit when I was in high school. They will grow out of it. Then there will be another fad that we think is stupider than hyphy.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
If they try to jump on my car, they will have a shaker hood print across the face.

I think you are misunderstanding what happens when you have 5 guys stomping your car and you get out and try to give them a "shaker footprint across their face."

You are overlooking the part where 5 guys throw you on the ground and give your forehead and hood matching footprints.

There is not much you can do when 5 animals with a criminal record and nothing to lose are stomping your car.

Solution, do what I do. Stay out of East Oakland at night [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
If they try to jump on my car, they will have a shaker hood print across the face.

I think you are misunderstanding what happens when you have 5 guys stomping your car and you get out and try to give them a "shaker footprint across their face."

You are overlooking the part where 5 guys throw you on the ground and give your forehead and hood matching footprints.

There is not much you can do when 5 animals with a criminal record and nothing to lose are stomping your car.

1st af all, I dont kick it in East oakland, so I would never get caught up in one of those stupid sideshows, but what I meant was that a muhf**ka will get ran over if they try to jump on my sh*t!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Out here in Sac there are alot of clones who think this is the bay or sumthin and they try to be a part of the hyphy movement. They all ride around in ugly ass 2 tone orange & green buick centurys or whatever with 22 inch cheap ass tin foil rims, rockin dreads, grilles, huge white tees, bootleg Jordans, & fake Bape hoodies....Then they drive around gettin stupid or whatnot...Its hilarious if u ask me..

[ May 26, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

lol...we all sound like some grumpy ass old men. I bet all of us were part of some stupid fad that came and went and folks talked shit about us. Like when I used to have finger waves. I cant believe I had that shit now that I look back. [worship]
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HEY I FOTGOT WHO TOLD ME THIS BUT.... THEY MIGHT START GIVING TICKETS TO PEOPLE WHO WHERE BAGGAY PANTS... FOR INDECENT EXPOSURE LOL... [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hey whats up. come up and say hi the next time your in!
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im 26 and i hate all this thizz hyphy bs go dumb yay area crap.The bay area was way better back in the day and the music was too.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

1st af all, I dont kick it in East oakland, so I would never get caught up in one of those stupid sideshows, but what I meant was that a muhf**ka will get ran over if they try to jump on my sh*t!!!
If the option was there, I would agree with you.
Interestingly, most of the cars getting their hoods stomped in that vid are completely blocked in, front and back

--------------------
Stangless

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ahhh...san jose live...that place was fun. i remember goin there right before they closed...they used to have that punching bag game thing upstairs...i used to always show off and knock that shit crazy...hella hard.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
San Jose Live was my old stompin grounds too...did you guys ever go to America Live Sac? That place was pretty good too.
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hyphy is the dumbest thing that some crack head could have though up. The people are getto, bitches and have no respect for anyone let alone themselves. Basically it is a bunch of dumb mother F^%#kers doing dumb ass shit, the music, fine listen to it, but dont act a fool, it all goes back to everyone wants to be a thug and gangsta, driving around in their $1500 cars, Idiots
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
im 26 and i hate all this thizz hyphy bs go dumb yay area crap.The bay area was way better back in the day and the music was too.

Actually the bay wasnt better back in the day. I remember when it was real territorial. You couldnt be from Seminary and hang in Brookfield. And dont be caught in Subranny Park. Now-a-days people can get together and party without turf wars. Those were big back in the day. Its just now the Bay is in the nationwide spotlight (other than when Hammer was representin). So the light is on whats happening now. Lending people to believe that it wasnt off the hook back in the day. Now its just a different kind of spin to it but the dangers are still there. But I will say, sideshows were alot safer when I out there. It was more about taking a piece of ass home, not funkin with the next cat.
BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol i have and i even have a pic with you if you are who i think you are. you kinda sit on the stage area, right? i was gonna go up there this weekend but i'm here chillin in vegas right now. i go home tomorrow.... thank god b.c i'm homesick
Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:

ahhh...san jose live...that place was fun. i remember goin there right before they closed...they used to have that punching bag game thing upstairs...i used to always show off and knock that shit crazy...hella hard.
damn now I am starting to feel old! [Frown]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol i have and i even have a pic with you if you are who i think you are. you kinda sit on the stage area, right? i was gonna go up there this weekend but i'm here chillin in vegas right now. i go home tomorrow.... thank god b.c i'm homesick
lol Yeah you probably do have a pic with me then. I'm the only white boy thats ever up on that stage. you missed it then, it was crackin this weekend.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

-

--------------------
Stangless

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Camaro Kid face it, you are old! Change your name to Camaro Geezer!

Ya San Jose Live was cool. I remember when the chicks use to box it out in the ring! How cool was that! My other favorite hang out was Cheers. Love them rocker sluts! All the strippers from brass rail, hip hugger and pink poodle use to go there after work. And the old school Saddle Rack off Meridian was also cool. Basically I just went to the places where it was easy to tap ass.

Anyone remember The Palace???

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
i'm noy talking about the music im talking about the people that get "Hyphy".... i know no one realy cares what i think....

of course we care what you think and i believe most people agree with your idea of it some of it is stupid some is stupid funny either way the bay has a lot of musical talent and I think some people just take it to far but again those are the individuals problems and people should judge them not the artist
totally agree....
and there are some who do ruin it for others but all in all it's all in fun. when i was on the cheer squad at csuh, we switched it up for homecomming and went dumb to hyphy music for the last part of our dance. like she said above, it's funny and fun.... as long as we dont go overboard ruining cars or whatever. i had a friend who ruined his car trying to ghost ride and then getting on top of it.... now that's just crossing the line from enjoying music and having fun to just being dumb . but they played hyphy music at my sister's wedding and me and groom went dumb dummy dumb dumb and it was fun!

i remember when i first moved there and i was the "white girl from oakland" everyone was afraid just because it was oakland now id say half of cv is part of the hyphy movement haha i cannot believe your sister got married everyone is getting married or has kids or having them im not sure if we should be thankful or feel left out haha
haha believe it or not.... i was afraid of you back in middle school melanie from the day you were talkin ish about my softball skills lol! and have you been to cv lately? it's gettin pretty hyphy up here.... i'm moving though.... anywhere but cv lol.

yeah and my sister is crazy for getting married to someone she just met and getting preg. i do feel left out *sighz* i just got out of an engagement gone bad lol so i'll be single with ya buddy. you know it's funner that way!

haha wow well u definitly never had a reason to be i always liked you i am very competitive though and wow pregnant too geez and yea single has its good and bads and i wasted 7 yrs in a relationship that just ruined me took me no where haha so i am in need of a break and yea i am glad to have moved alicia wants to move back so much and I dont understand why i moved up towards sac and feels soooo good to get away from the bay i love the bay and will end up back but its a nice lil break away. We all should try to plan somethign go out to the city or something ive talked to a bunch of people who are down we just all need to make time in our lives
where? roseville (just curious? ) and yeah meet us back in the bay and we'll get the old cms crew up to sj (cuz the guys in sf clubs are much more rowdy from my bad experience and i can't find it in myself to sock one in the face cuz i'm too nice) but if you'e with me, be prepared to go dumb on the dance floor!
i actually work in roseville live up by cameron park and I HATE san jose [Frown] i use to go there every week back in the day but since ive been 18 ive only gone once I prefer sf [Frown] but whatever im down as long as people promise to dance not stand along the wall and sit i hate that crap i can do that at home [Roll Eyes]
well the problem with san jose is there is way to many dudes! so the girls who go out on a regular base think there shit don't stink! I work as a bouncer down town so i see this from a sober point. Most of the time girls just want to dance with girls so there is alot of dudes sitting on the side lines.
lol well i more dont like it bc seems everyone there thinks their shit doesnt stink and I hate stupid people and last club i went to I swear the mexicans right off the damn field came in didnt shower or change was fuckin gross and then surround you while ur tryin to dance with your friends and if their were actually some hot ass guys in there girls wouldnt dance with their friends [Big Grin] i use that excuse when you either are waaaaay not my type or nething i want to be close to or you cannot dance [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com