Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who is into that whole hyphy stuff? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who is into that whole hyphy stuff?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
I have worked with & produced tracks for alot of the "Hyphy" artists, such as Mac Dre, Keak, ETC., so I can appreciate the "hyphy" music, but its not my thing. Dont get me wrong, I like some of the music, but most of the time I like to listen to more positive music that has more meaning & longevity. This whole hyphy sound is gonna die out eventually, & then the bay will hopefully go back to its traditional sound like Too Short, or the classic E40 sound. As far as the whole goin stupid on the dance floor thing, I can understand, but ruining cars & what not & the being disrespectful to others & their neighborhoods is where I draw the line....Plus I am tired of all the clones wanting to be alike with their dreads, 2 tone scrapers, fake bape hoodies, grills, & white tees 5X too big. & since when has a Cutlass Ciera or a Buick Century ever been a cool car.....

Couldn't agree anymore..Never jumped on the bandwagon of the bay movement. I tend to listen to things that make sense, like REAL hip-hop( Living Legends, ZionI, Slug, Nas, WuTang, Hiero etc)...Bay area hyphy is played out hard and I see it completely being dead by the end of the year. Not bashing on the Bay shit at all, I can listen to it now and then..It's just getting played..
If you are a Living legends fan then u have heard my work....I produced "no more greener grass" by G&E, "Classic" by Legends, & "Make it mine" by CMA...Also check my myspace page for the new song I recently did with Zion I. & I also did "True Magic" on Mos Def's new joint.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do people on forums always get all p*ssy Hurt?

[ May 24, 2007, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: NorCalRydaz ]

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whoever came up with this hyphy movement is laughing his whole way to the bank
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the Bay Area music but the people that go into oakland and do sideshows and shit is gay.

I agree with the Bay Area going downhill, but i believe its because it keeps expanding with no limit in sight. 2 million people live in LA and look at that dump. Takes 2 hours to go from one freeway exit to another that is only a 1/4 of a mile away.

I definitely like the country better. No traffic [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
Why do people on forums always get all p*ssy Hurt?

[Big Grin] it happens

[ May 24, 2007, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: poisonpony96 ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well Mac Dre & Keak da Sneak should be credited for sparking the Hyphy movement, & E40 for blowin it up. Everyone else is just on the bandwagon.

[ May 25, 2007, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
Well Mac Dre & Keak da Sneak should be credited for sparking the Hyphy movement, & E40 for blowin it up. Everyone else is just on the bandwagon.

[patriot]
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

I just like good music weather it be Hip hop, hyphy, Jazz, R&B, rock, or whatever. I will say that 90% of Hyphy (not all bay area) music doesnt qualify as good music though imo.

[ May 25, 2007, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
we need more cops!!

WTF!? [Eek!] u should get sally slapped for that one, we already have enough cops, they just need to pay more attention to foos doin stupid shit, and shootings, drugs, tagging, and what not......instead of pulling people like me over just to give me a ticket for exhaust [Roll Eyes]
are you kidding me? hell fckin yeah we need more cops!

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes and no on more cops..... wow when i started this thread i though it was going to die soon lol... i just wanted to get my 2 cents out there.... [patriot] any of you hyphy dumb retarted people jump on my car they are going to get a ass beatin lol [Big Grin] ...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
yes and no on more cops..... wow when i started this thread i though it was going to die soon lol... i just wanted to get my 2 cents out there.... [patriot] any of you hyphy dumb retarted people jump on my car they are going to get a ass beatin lol [Big Grin] ...

+1...If they try to jump on my car, they will have a shaker hood print across the face.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm usually tolerant of the youth movements, but the hyphy shit is just plain STUPID. This has to be the more retarded shit I've ever seen.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
Thanks for your imput, not that anybody cares. Just cause somone likes hyphy shit dont mean they hop on cars. I listen to bay shit all day. and im proud to be from the bay. Am i stupid because of this?

Healdsburg is the bay? [Confused]
Yup, north bay.
I know I was just giving you shit,since its like an hour drive to the actual bay lol.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkPina:
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i'm noy talking about the music im talking about the people that get "Hyphy".... i know no one realy cares what i think....

of course we care what you think and i believe most people agree with your idea of it some of it is stupid some is stupid funny either way the bay has a lot of musical talent and I think some people just take it to far but again those are the individuals problems and people should judge them not the artist
totally agree....
and there are some who do ruin it for others but all in all it's all in fun. when i was on the cheer squad at csuh, we switched it up for homecomming and went dumb to hyphy music for the last part of our dance. like she said above, it's funny and fun.... as long as we dont go overboard ruining cars or whatever. i had a friend who ruined his car trying to ghost ride and then getting on top of it.... now that's just crossing the line from enjoying music and having fun to just being dumb . but they played hyphy music at my sister's wedding and me and groom went dumb dummy dumb dumb and it was fun!

i remember when i first moved there and i was the "white girl from oakland" everyone was afraid just because it was oakland now id say half of cv is part of the hyphy movement haha i cannot believe your sister got married everyone is getting married or has kids or having them im not sure if we should be thankful or feel left out haha
haha believe it or not.... i was afraid of you back in middle school melanie from the day you were talkin ish about my softball skills lol! and have you been to cv lately? it's gettin pretty hyphy up here.... i'm moving though.... anywhere but cv lol.

yeah and my sister is crazy for getting married to someone she just met and getting preg. i do feel left out *sighz* i just got out of an engagement gone bad lol so i'll be single with ya buddy. you know it's funner that way!

haha wow well u definitly never had a reason to be i always liked you [Smile] i am very competitive though and wow pregnant too geez and yea single has its good and bads and i wasted 7 yrs in a relationship that just ruined me took me no where haha so i am in need of a break and yea i am glad to have moved alicia wants to move back so much and I dont understand why [Roll Eyes] i moved up towards sac and feels soooo good to get away from the bay i love the bay and will end up back but its a nice lil break away. We all should try to plan somethign go out to the city or something ive talked to a bunch of people who are down we just all need to make time in our lives [Big Grin]
where? roseville (just curious? [Big Grin] ) and yeah meet us back in the bay and we'll get the old cms crew up to sj (cuz the guys in sf clubs are much more rowdy from my bad experience and i can't find it in myself to sock one in the face cuz i'm too nice) but if you'e with me, be prepared to go dumb on the dance floor! [dance]
i actually work in roseville live up by cameron park and I HATE san jose [Frown] i use to go there every week back in the day but since ive been 18 ive only gone once I prefer sf [Frown] but whatever im down as long as people promise to dance not stand along the wall and sit i hate that crap i can do that at home [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i'm noy talking about the music im talking about the people that get "Hyphy".... i know no one realy cares what i think....

of course we care what you think and i believe most people agree with your idea of it some of it is stupid some is stupid funny either way the bay has a lot of musical talent and I think some people just take it to far but again those are the individuals problems and people should judge them not the artist
totally agree....
and there are some who do ruin it for others but all in all it's all in fun. when i was on the cheer squad at csuh, we switched it up for homecomming and went dumb to hyphy music for the last part of our dance. like she said above, it's funny and fun.... as long as we dont go overboard ruining cars or whatever. i had a friend who ruined his car trying to ghost ride and then getting on top of it.... now that's just crossing the line from enjoying music and having fun to just being dumb . but they played hyphy music at my sister's wedding and me and groom went dumb dummy dumb dumb and it was fun!

i remember when i first moved there and i was the "white girl from oakland" everyone was afraid just because it was oakland now id say half of cv is part of the hyphy movement haha i cannot believe your sister got married everyone is getting married or has kids or having them im not sure if we should be thankful or feel left out haha
haha believe it or not.... i was afraid of you back in middle school melanie from the day you were talkin ish about my softball skills lol! and have you been to cv lately? it's gettin pretty hyphy up here.... i'm moving though.... anywhere but cv lol.

yeah and my sister is crazy for getting married to someone she just met and getting preg. i do feel left out *sighz* i just got out of an engagement gone bad lol so i'll be single with ya buddy. you know it's funner that way!

haha wow well u definitly never had a reason to be i always liked you [Smile] i am very competitive though and wow pregnant too geez and yea single has its good and bads and i wasted 7 yrs in a relationship that just ruined me took me no where haha so i am in need of a break and yea i am glad to have moved alicia wants to move back so much and I dont understand why [Roll Eyes] i moved up towards sac and feels soooo good to get away from the bay i love the bay and will end up back but its a nice lil break away. We all should try to plan somethign go out to the city or something ive talked to a bunch of people who are down we just all need to make time in our lives [Big Grin]
where? roseville (just curious? [Big Grin] ) and yeah meet us back in the bay and we'll get the old cms crew up to sj (cuz the guys in sf clubs are much more rowdy from my bad experience and i can't find it in myself to sock one in the face cuz i'm too nice) but if you'e with me, be prepared to go dumb on the dance floor! [dance]
i actually work in roseville live up by cameron park and I HATE san jose [Frown] i use to go there every week back in the day but since ive been 18 ive only gone once I prefer sf [Frown] but whatever im down as long as people promise to dance not stand along the wall and sit i hate that crap i can do that at home [Roll Eyes]
well the problem with san jose is there is way to many dudes! so the girls who go out on a regular base think there shit don't stink! I work as a bouncer down town so i see this from a sober point. Most of the time girls just want to dance with girls so there is alot of dudes sitting on the side lines.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THAT IS SO FUCKING TRUE. there was a report that showed what the ratio of girls to guys in the us. the bay area turned out to be one of the worst places for a guy to live if they want to meet a chick. thats part of the reason i dont go downtown anymore, all the girls are so fucking stuck up [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
all the girls are so fucking stuck up [Roll Eyes]

+1 fuck ya! stupid sluts! [Mad]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

totally agree....

well the problem with san jose is there is way to many dudes! so the girls who go out on a regular base think there shit don't stink! I work as a bouncer down town so i see this from a sober point. Most of the time girls just want to dance with girls so there is alot of dudes sitting on the side lines.
really? which club? wait let me guess........um the vault?

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

no, voodoo and yes i know they are playin some gay as music now a days. there tryin to get a better crowd.

[ May 25, 2007, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: poisonpony96 ]

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
no, voodoo and yes i know they are playin some gay as music now a days. there tryin to get a better crowd.

a man no hard feelings bout that one post......just sayin

anyway thats coo, im always mobbin downtown, but no clubs cuz im only 20

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

quote:
quote:

its coo. Didn't real mean more cops. we have plenty as demostrated on cinco de mayo. they just need to stop all thet crazy shit thats going on without harrasing people for pettie stuff.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:

its coo. Didn't real mean more cops. we have plenty as demostrated on cinco de mayo. they just need to stop all thet crazy shit thats going on without harrasing people for pettie stuff.
[patriot]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
all the girls are so fucking stuck up [Roll Eyes]

+1 fuck ya! stupid sluts! [Mad]
fuck them bitches and ho's... i;m rick james bitch [Razz]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

totally agree....

haha i guess that would be me.... i like to dance with my girls but i'm not another stuck up chick about it and i know what you guys mean about them. i see them around too but its cool... as long as you have fun!

and melanie.... i ain't no wallflower haha!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/laurenjennifer22
00nhra edt formula-lid, cutout, pulley, ls6 intake rip
00 t/a- fipk filter, electric cutout, lt headers

Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

wait a min? you work at voodoo.... it's the only place i really go to in sj... i love voodoo [Whoo Whooooo!] (sorry melanie lol)

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/laurenjennifer22
00nhra edt formula-lid, cutout, pulley, ls6 intake rip
00 t/a- fipk filter, electric cutout, lt headers

Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com