Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who is into that whole hyphy stuff? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Who is into that whole hyphy stuff?
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
quote:
Originally posted by ArchNotch:
Thanks for your imput, not that anybody cares. Just cause somone likes hyphy shit dont mean they hop on cars. I listen to bay shit all day. and im proud to be from the bay. Am i stupid because of this?

Healdsburg is the bay? [Confused]
i guess kinda.....its seven oh savage mayne

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Im gonna get hyphy as fuck tonight on one. Its the county fair man. Does it make me stupid because i go stupid? [Big Grin]

No you're stupid cause you go 'dumb' [Razz] lol!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
back in my day...cause you know I'm hella old,...our form of "hyphy" was to jump the cars not jump on the cars

Damn I feel old, i remember we use to 'get ill' [Embarrassed] [dance]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Got50Fever:
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
i hate to say it but the bay area is going down hill, has been for a long time

I've grown up here and I'm in total agreement. Everything keeps getting more expensive but the culture keeps sliding into decay. As much as I like certain things about CA, all this is a big reason why I'm moving the hell out of here at the end of the year [burnout]
ahahahaha what a stupid comment! You live in "campbell" talking about culture keeps sliding into decay. haha

Like this stupid chick I heard asking on of her friends the other day." Why do people go dumb? what don't they go smart" ,,,, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHA what a dumbass!! [dance]

[ May 24, 2007, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: NorCalRydaz ]

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
quote:

I've grown up here and I'm in total agreement. Everything keeps getting more expensive but the culture keeps sliding into decay. As much as I like certain things about CA, all this is a big reason why I'm moving the hell out of here at the end of the year [burnout]
ahahahaha what a stupid comment! You live in "campbell" talking about culture keeps sliding into decay. haha

Like this stupid chick I heard asking on of her friends the other day." Why do people go dumb? what don't they go smart" ,,,, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHA what a dumbass!! [dance]

ahahaha lmfao!!!!! whata idiot, she is stupid dumb and not hyphy

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkPina:
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
i'm noy talking about the music im talking about the people that get "Hyphy".... i know no one realy cares what i think....

of course we care what you think and i believe most people agree with your idea of it some of it is stupid some is stupid funny either way the bay has a lot of musical talent and I think some people just take it to far but again those are the individuals problems and people should judge them not the artist
totally agree....
and there are some who do ruin it for others but all in all it's all in fun. when i was on the cheer squad at csuh, we switched it up for homecomming and went dumb to hyphy music for the last part of our dance. like she said above, it's funny and fun.... as long as we dont go overboard ruining cars or whatever. i had a friend who ruined his car trying to ghost ride and then getting on top of it.... now that's just crossing the line from enjoying music and having fun to just being dumb [Roll Eyes] . but they played hyphy music at my sister's wedding and me and groom went dumb dummy dumb dumb and it was fun! [Big Grin]

[Whoo Whooooo!] i remember when i first moved there and i was the "white girl from oakland" everyone was afraid just because it was oakland now id say half of cv is part of the hyphy movement haha i cannot believe your sister got married everyone is getting married or has kids or having them im not sure if we should be thankful or feel left out haha
haha believe it or not.... i was afraid of you back in middle school melanie from the day you were talkin ish about my softball skills lol! and have you been to cv lately? it's gettin pretty hyphy up here.... i'm moving though.... anywhere but cv lol.

yeah and my sister is crazy for getting married to someone she just met and getting preg. i do feel left out *sighz* i just got out of an engagement gone bad lol so i'll be single with ya buddy. you know it's funner that way! [dance]

haha wow well u definitly never had a reason to be i always liked you [Smile] i am very competitive though [Big Grin] and wow pregnant too geez and yea single has its good and bads and i wasted 7 yrs in a relationship that just ruined me took me no where haha so i am in need of a break and yea i am glad to have moved alicia wants to move back so much and I dont understand why [Roll Eyes] i moved up towards sac and feels soooo good to get away from the bay i love the bay and will end up back but its a nice lil break away. We all should try to plan somethign go out to the city or something ive talked to a bunch of people who are down we just all need to make time in our lives [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by The LX Kid 5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
back in my day...cause you know I'm hella old,...our form of "hyphy" was to jump the cars not jump on the cars

Damn I feel old, i remember we use to 'get ill' [Embarrassed] [dance]
that song"hyphy ill" by babyface assasins is tight

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
quote:

The fact that I don't live in a total shithole does not mean I'm oblivious to what's been going on around me [Wink]

However, the numerous taggings showing up around here, the drug dealers that are frequently in our neighborhood park, and the fact that my car has been vandalized 3 times and broken into once in the last 2 years are also pretty good indicators in my opinion.

[ May 24, 2007, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Got50Fever ]

Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
quote:
Thanks for your imput, not that anybody cares. Just cause somone likes hyphy shit dont mean they hop on cars. I listen to bay shit all day. and im proud to be from the bay. Am i stupid because of this?

Healdsburg is the bay? [Confused]
Yup, north bay.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from what i've seen in videos, shit is getting crazy. we need more cops!!
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
from what i've seen in videos, shit is getting crazy. we need more cops!!

no, we need the child support peeps to go out there and watch everyone run! lol! [Razz]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People just dont jump on peoples cars for no reason.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have worked with & produced tracks for alot of the "Hyphy" artists, such as Mac Dre, Keak, ETC., so I can appreciate the "hyphy" music, but its not my thing. Dont get me wrong, I like some of the music, but most of the time I like to listen to more positive music that has more meaning & longevity. This whole hyphy sound is gonna die out eventually, & then the bay will hopefully go back to its traditional sound like Too Short, or the classic E40 sound. As far as the whole goin stupid on the dance floor thing, I can understand, but ruining cars & what not & the being disrespectful to others & their neighborhoods is where I draw the line....Plus I am tired of all the clones wanting to be alike with their dreads, 2 tone scrapers, fake bape hoodies, grills, & white tees 5X too big. & since when has a Cutlass Ciera or a Buick Century ever been a cool car.....

[ May 24, 2007, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK HYPHY!
oh yeah, im more retarded then the next guy fuck yeah..look my face is uglier..words cant describe how fuckin gay it is..sucks too, when artist you liked went to shit when they went hyphy...oh well,i'll stick to the older stuff..

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This video right here is a prime example of why this hyphyness is out of hand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNg2uoc6p4Y

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
This video right here is a prime example of why this hyphyness is out of hand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNg2uoc6p4Y

GAY ! said some shit like I had to sign on
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
we need more cops!!

WTF!? [Eek!] u should get sally slapped for that one, we already have enough cops, they just need to pay more attention to foos doin stupid shit, and shootings, drugs, tagging, and what not......instead of pulling people like me over just to give me a ticket for exhaust [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on that cop shit

--------------------
SIDE JOBS PERFORMANCE & GENERAL MECHANIC 510-875-0502 EDDIE

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
we need more cops!!

WTF!? [Eek!] u should get sally slapped for that one, we already have enough cops, they just need to pay more attention to foos doin stupid shit, and shootings, drugs, tagging, and what not......instead of pulling people like me over just to give me a ticket for exhaust [Roll Eyes]
or busting kids for stupid shit like skateboarding. THEY NEED TO DO THEIR FUCKING JOB

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
i'm noy talking about the music im talking about the people that get "Hyphy".... i know no one realy cares what i think....

of course we care what you think and i believe most people agree with your idea of it some of it is stupid some is stupid funny either way the bay has a lot of musical talent and I think some people just take it to far but again those are the individuals problems and people should judge them not the artist
totally agree....
and there are some who do ruin it for others but all in all it's all in fun. when i was on the cheer squad at csuh, we switched it up for homecomming and went dumb to hyphy music for the last part of our dance. like she said above, it's funny and fun.... as long as we dont go overboard ruining cars or whatever. i had a friend who ruined his car trying to ghost ride and then getting on top of it.... now that's just crossing the line from enjoying music and having fun to just being dumb [Roll Eyes] . but they played hyphy music at my sister's wedding and me and groom went dumb dummy dumb dumb and it was fun!

[Whoo Whooooo!] i remember when i first moved there and i was the "white girl from oakland" everyone was afraid just because it was oakland now id say half of cv is part of the hyphy movement haha i cannot believe your sister got married everyone is getting married or has kids or having them im not sure if we should be thankful or feel left out haha
haha believe it or not.... i was afraid of you back in middle school melanie from the day you were talkin ish about my softball skills lol! and have you been to cv lately? it's gettin pretty hyphy up here.... i'm moving though.... anywhere but cv lol.

yeah and my sister is crazy for getting married to someone she just met and getting preg. i do feel left out *sighz* i just got out of an engagement gone bad lol so i'll be single with ya buddy. you know it's funner that way! [dance]

haha wow well u definitly never had a reason to be i always liked you [Smile] i am very competitive though and wow pregnant too geez and yea single has its good and bads and i wasted 7 yrs in a relationship that just ruined me took me no where haha so i am in need of a break and yea i am glad to have moved alicia wants to move back so much and I dont understand why [Roll Eyes] i moved up towards sac and feels soooo good to get away from the bay i love the bay and will end up back but its a nice lil break away. We all should try to plan somethign go out to the city or something ive talked to a bunch of people who are down we just all need to make time in our lives [Big Grin]
where? roseville (just curious? [Big Grin] ) and yeah meet us back in the bay and we'll get the old cms crew up to sj (cuz the guys in sf clubs are much more rowdy from my bad experience and i can't find it in myself to sock one in the face cuz i'm too nice) but if you'e with me, be prepared to go dumb on the dance floor! [dance]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/laurenjennifer22
00nhra edt formula-lid, cutout, pulley, ls6 intake rip
00 t/a- fipk filter, electric cutout, lt headers

Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
we need more cops!!

you can try and sally slap me but you might get sally slapped back! an correction we need more cops to stop messin with people for petie stuff.
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
I have worked with & produced tracks for alot of the "Hyphy" artists, such as Mac Dre, Keak, ETC., so I can appreciate the "hyphy" music, but its not my thing. Dont get me wrong, I like some of the music, but most of the time I like to listen to more positive music that has more meaning & longevity. This whole hyphy sound is gonna die out eventually, & then the bay will hopefully go back to its traditional sound like Too Short, or the classic E40 sound. As far as the whole goin stupid on the dance floor thing, I can understand, but ruining cars & what not & the being disrespectful to others & their neighborhoods is where I draw the line....Plus I am tired of all the clones wanting to be alike with their dreads, 2 tone scrapers, fake bape hoodies, grills, & white tees 5X too big. & since when has a Cutlass Ciera or a Buick Century ever been a cool car.....

Couldn't agree anymore..Never jumped on the bandwagon of the bay movement. I tend to listen to things that make sense, like REAL hip-hop( Living Legends, ZionI, Slug, Nas, WuTang, Hiero etc)...Bay area hyphy is played out hard and I see it completely being dead by the end of the year. Not bashing on the Bay shit at all, I can listen to it now and then..It's just getting played..

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck the hyphy movement.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:
we need more cops!!

or busting kids for stupid shit like skateboarding. THEY NEED TO DO THEIR FUCKING JOB
lol haha yup

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:
we need more cops!!

you can try and sally slap me but you might get sally slapped back! an correction we need more cops to stop messin with people for petie stuff.
i didnt say i was goin to do it smartass, its just a sayin, like that a rip! or some shit, but that comment was stupid, WE DO NOT NEED MORE COPS, they just need to take care of more improtant shit than petie stuff, who cares if some one if there is a bunch cars goin to race or, if someone does a beer run or whatever
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com