Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
While I AM partially torn on the entire immigration issue, have any of you read this? So far, that's the best way I've seen it put.
quote:
Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
quote:
While I AM partially torn on the entire immigration issue, have any of you read this? So far, that's the best way I've seen it put.
quote:
Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me.

the mere fact that the whole things starts off with "i break into your house" of course anyone is going to be pissed if you break into their house.. you cannot compare breaking into a house to coming into the U.S.. that is [BS flag]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:
quote:

the mere fact that the whole things starts off with "i break into your house" of course anyone is going to be pissed if you break into their house.. you cannot compare breaking into a house to coming into the U.S.. that is [BS flag]
yes you can because it is OUR HOUSE...not meaning just whites meaning legal whites,blacks,lations,indians,asians ect...key word LEGAL
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes you can because it is OUR HOUSE...not meaning just whites meaning legal whites,blacks,lations,indians,asians ect...key word LEGAL
ur an idiot.. our house,, who the fuck made you ruler of this "house"

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im by no means the ruler but im legal to be here. i have my own ss number,pay taxes and dont have to worry about being shipped home..seriously if this touches a tender place in your heart because you have family who has been booted back to the dump dont take it out on us sweetie
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cheezy1:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by berating other people? It's funny how liberals (of which you clearly are) claim to be open-minded and understanding, at least until someone presents an opinion that differs from their own.

You talk about how illegals do alot of work that many people would refuse to do. Maybe there's a certain amount of truth to that. Maybe we pay inexpensive prices for fruits and vegetables, but our tax dollars subsidize public assistance programs and medical care for those who are not citizens. So in the end, the taxpayer isn't really paying 39 cents for a watermelon.

And why is the breaking-and-entering comparison not analogous? It doesn't really seem to have any logical flaws. You're not going to win any arguments by throwing up the B.S. flag. If you want to call people names, find a playground. [patriot]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by graylx:
quote:
Originally posted by cheezy1:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by berating other people? It's funny how liberals (of which you clearly are) claim to be open-minded and understanding, at least until someone presents an opinion that differs from their own.

You talk about how illegals do alot of work that many people would refuse to do. Maybe there's a certain amount of truth to that. Maybe we pay inexpensive prices for fruits and vegetables, but our tax dollars subsidize public assistance programs and medical care for those who are not citizens. So in the end, the taxpayer isn't really paying 39 cents for a watermelon.

And why is the breaking-and-entering comparison not analogous? It doesn't really seem to have any logical flaws. You're not going to win any arguments by throwing up the B.S. flag. If you want to call people names, find a playground. [patriot]

very good points
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
our house meaning "Americans" I read that and thought it was pretty good.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Off topic but one of the things that piss me off is when im calling place and get the recording... "please press 1 to hear instructions in english"
"Para oír que las instrucciones en español aprietan por favor dos."
I shouldnt have to press F***ing 1 to hear shit in english. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I WISH I WAS YOUR GUYS SEVER ON MCDONALDS SO I COULD LAY A FAT ASS PEACE OF SHIT ON YOUR BIGMAC LOL [Big Grin]

[ November 17, 2006, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: 87#184saleen ]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com