Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
I think his mom can stay if shes paying taxes so that we're not paying for his school and that she actually tries to get a citizenship instead of stealing peoples SS number.

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- He's a serious 7-year-old on a mission to save his mom.

Four-foot-tall second-grader Saul Arellano, a U.S. citizen, was to stand before 500 members of the lower house of the Mexican Congress on Tuesday to plead for their help in lobbying Washington to stop the deportation of his migrant mother, who has taken refuge in a Chicago church.

His fight is being closely watched on both sides of the border: The result could set a precedent for more than 3 million children, like him, who are Americans born to at least one parent who is in the U.S. illegally.

While his mother, Elvira Arellano, stays inside the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Chicago's West Side, Saul has joined a months-long campaign on her behalf, speaking out from Los Angeles to Washington, where he handed a White House guard his letter to President Bush.

"I want my mom to stay with me in the U.S.," he told The Associated Press on Monday in between informal meetings with Mexican lawmakers.

Since August 15 -- the day she was scheduled to surrender to U.S. authorities for deportation -- mother and son have lived at the church. U.S. federal officials have said there is no right to sanctuary in a church under U.S. law, and nothing to prevent them from arresting her.

But so far, they have not moved to detain Elvira Arellano, who has won the support from political figures across the United States, including Chicago Mayor Richard Daley.

Arellano, 31, said she sent her son to her homeland because she believes the Mexican government has the ability to help her.

"If the Mexican government can negotiate a free-trade agreement, they can negotiate a good accord to keep families from being split up," she said.

But immigration reform has proved to be a much tougher issue to resolve than trade. President Vicente Fox, who leaves office December 1, has struggled throughout his six-year term to gain Washington's support for a migration accord that would allow for thousands of Mexicans to work legally in the U.S. And while Bush personally supports a temporary guest-worker program, Republicans in Congress limited action to strengthening the border fence.

Arellano said she should not have to choose between leaving her son behind in the U.S. or bringing him to Mexico, away from his school, friends and familiar environment.

Conservative columnists and anti-illegal immigration activists say she put herself and her son in this difficult spot by repeatedly breaking the law.

Arellano illegally crossed into the United States in 1997 and was deported shortly afterward. She returned within days, living for three years in Oregon before moving to Chicago in 2000.

She was arrested two years later at O'Hare International Airport, where she worked as a cleaning woman. Convicted of working under a false Social Security number, she served three years probation before being ordered to appear at the immigration office in Chicago.

why do you always post this type of shit, if you hate illegals so much why dont you really do something about it, join the national guard and stand your post PUNK...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that all you have to say? You have nothing intelligent to say? I like to get other peoples opinions thats why i post stuff like this but it seems like all the people for illegals being here only talk shit and have nothing intelligent to say ever and when they try and show proof of something its always something that MIGHT happen in the next 4 years. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Is that all you have to say? You have nothing intelligent to say? I like to get other peoples opinions thats why i post stuff like this but it seems like all the people for illegals being here only talk shit and have nothing intelligent to say ever and when they try and show proof of something its always something that MIGHT happen in the next 4 years. [Roll Eyes]

intelligent? all you did was copied and pasted some news story, i could go and do the same...im at work right now and work 2 jobs im sorry i cant get intellegent with you...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

intelligent? all you did was copied and pasted some news story, i could go and do the same...im at work right now and work 2 jobs im sorry i cant get intellegent with you...
There you go again, no opinion at all nothing intelligent so say just trying to get pity from me for working 2 jobs. [Roll Eyes]

Looks like your working pretty hard too posting on cafords. [Roll Eyes]

I'd also like to add that i work a job, i am a volunteer firefighter AND i am going to college and now its time to go to school so i will be looking for your intelligent opinion tonight.

[ November 15, 2006, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh btw onesicklx lick my sack. What I posted is 100% fact. Maybe the truth hits a little to close to home for you hmmm. I guess you are going to have to deal with it. to bad bye bye....

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country. Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land, you dont see this problem with people from most of asia, middle east or europe. If they would follow the process that is laid out for them(illegals) then they would not be in this situation. For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

i wasn't gonna comment on this to save me the headache, i was gonna originally flame Dana but decided to leave him alone, .. but you...sorry man, but that is some of the most retarded and absurd shit i've ever heard. i could break your post down in make you look like a dumb ass.. but i'll leave it alone.. for now, depends on your reply.
fyi, i'm against illegal immigration, just the "facts" you state have been pulled out of someone's ass. who exactly? i don't know.

Everything he said is what i have read as well. Coyotes get paid money to smuggler illegals into the country.
you are missing the point Dana... nevermind. you guys are right.. [Roll Eyes]
It doesn't seem you have a point at all, you haven't stated anything so far all you've done is come in here and tell us we're wrong.
you are right. i haven't stated anything. i'm purposely doing that. However, leave the ethnocentrism behind, read this thread from the first post on(again, leaving your so called convictions behind) and you'll see my point.
All i have to say, because i have a paper due @ 11:30 [Eek!] and i have yet to get started, is that every time, i mean EVERY time someone starts a post on immigration, illegal or not, Someone has to throw out some bullshit statistics or ideologies that they got out of a restroom wall.
That's all i'm saying. read this WHOLE thread and you'll see is BS.
As well as that little kid going to Mexico and talking to the people there. wtf... nothing but a media ploy. what is he gonna get accomplished? nada.

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think his mom can stay if shes paying taxes so that we're not paying for his school and that she actually tries to get a citizenship instead of stealing peoples SS number.

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- He's a serious 7-year-old on a mission to save his mom.

Four-foot-tall second-grader Saul Arellano, a U.S. citizen, was to stand before 500 members of the lower house of the Mexican Congress on Tuesday to plead for their help in lobbying Washington to stop the deportation of his migrant mother, who has taken refuge in a Chicago church.

His fight is being closely watched on both sides of the border: The result could set a precedent for more than 3 million children, like him, who are Americans born to at least one parent who is in the U.S. illegally.

While his mother, Elvira Arellano, stays inside the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Chicago's West Side, Saul has joined a months-long campaign on her behalf, speaking out from Los Angeles to Washington, where he handed a White House guard his letter to President Bush.

"I want my mom to stay with me in the U.S.," he told The Associated Press on Monday in between informal meetings with Mexican lawmakers.

Since August 15 -- the day she was scheduled to surrender to U.S. authorities for deportation -- mother and son have lived at the church. U.S. federal officials have said there is no right to sanctuary in a church under U.S. law, and nothing to prevent them from arresting her.

But so far, they have not moved to detain Elvira Arellano, who has won the support from political figures across the United States, including Chicago Mayor Richard Daley.

Arellano, 31, said she sent her son to her homeland because she believes the Mexican government has the ability to help her.

"If the Mexican government can negotiate a free-trade agreement, they can negotiate a good accord to keep families from being split up," she said.

But immigration reform has proved to be a much tougher issue to resolve than trade. President Vicente Fox, who leaves office December 1, has struggled throughout his six-year term to gain Washington's support for a migration accord that would allow for thousands of Mexicans to work legally in the U.S. And while Bush personally supports a temporary guest-worker program, Republicans in Congress limited action to strengthening the border fence.

Arellano said she should not have to choose between leaving her son behind in the U.S. or bringing him to Mexico, away from his school, friends and familiar environment.

Conservative columnists and anti-illegal immigration activists say she put herself and her son in this difficult spot by repeatedly breaking the law.

Arellano illegally crossed into the United States in 1997 and was deported shortly afterward. She returned within days, living for three years in Oregon before moving to Chicago in 2000.

She was arrested two years later at O'Hare International Airport, where she worked as a cleaning woman. Convicted of working under a false Social Security number, she served three years probation before being ordered to appear at the immigration office in Chicago.

she was using a false social security to work , while she was in the process of probably getting her citizenship.... did it ever occur to you that it takes MONEY, to get a lawyer and pay for all those citizenship fees and dues!! also if she was using a social security number, she was paying taxes [Roll Eyes] ,, did you know that the IRS gets millions upon millions of dollars of this unclaimed tax money, that that they lump into and unknown acccount...shes a hardworker taht isnt trying any shady shit,, why would you want to break up their family??? thats jus plain wrong [Mad]
What would be plain wrong is if she left her son here instead of taking him with her. Criminals break up their families all the time when they get arrested, your not bitching about that are you?

Also she had money before working, how else did she get a SS number? she bought it off someone that had access to them.

its funny how you throw out the word "criminal" like nothing...(don't tell me you've never littered, or stolen a small item at a store or sped on the freeway , you CRIMINAL),, and dude,, who said you have to pay to get a SS,,, you just make one up,, and you get can one for $50 bucks,, easily,,, as compared to thousdands of dollars in lawyers fees and paperwork to become a citizen.... [Roll Eyes]
No response to this dana??

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
we should start cafords illegal reform also anybody with a member number of 2000 or higher is now illegal on this site...they need to pay a membership fee to become legal on this site...

[Roll Eyes]

let me know how much i need to pay and ill gladly pay it. i try to stay out of the political issues,but im going to respond to this one. im italian, my family migrated from italy through ellis island they were given shots, papers, and had to learn english. to make a long story short, when my nanu died my nana settled in pittsburg ca. there was an army base, camp stoneman during ww2, because my nana was not a citizen she was takin out of her home and place in a consentration camp in oakley to live along with her three youngest sons even though three of her other sons where fighting the war in the us navy at the time. the youngest three later were also in the navy duing the korean war one of which was my father, they all fought so we could have the freedom to express our opinions and i respect that. im nobody special, unless you are an american indian, your here because your families immagrated here from one country or another, and more than likely they came here legally, even alot from mexico,they came here to better their life, they learned english, they worked and made a contribution to this country instead of being a burrdon, but thats not the issue. the issue is the ones who are here ILLEGALLY. its against the LAW and this law as well as all others must be inforced.
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Fuck illegals.

Well said, You know my whole family is an immegrant to this country but we didn't just come over here, we waited in our own countries tell we got our paper work, then got on a plane and came to this country. If we would have been denied then we qook of just stayed in our own country, NO BIG DEAL!!!!

I'm so against illegal immegrants, we need to deport all of them. For this lady, we need to deport her ass too, and make an example of her. See illegal immegrants are criminals that broke the law and therefore they need to be Punished!

okay 1.. you said u wanted in your home country to fill out paperwork, it to be processed, approved,,etc.. and then you said even if you would of gotten denied you would of stayed " NO bid deal" correct.. ok first off why do you think immigrants come to this country ,, esepecially from the americas?? (economic opportunity, better living, better education, better healthcare, but also escape persecution in their homecountries, violence, and the aftermath of U.S. intervention in their countries for the last century... It probably wouldnt be a big deal for you because I;m assuming you didnt need to escape from a "bad" situation in your homecountry. You could of have found a job in your homecountry, bought property,etc, and lived a happy life there,
no about your deport them all comment,,double [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] question i pose for you,, YOU GOING TO CLEAN TOILETS FOR A LIVING BUD??? and once again like someone else on this board, u throw out the word criminal like nothing,,Yes i'll admit that they are entering the country illegally, and illegally working so in theory they are breaking U.S. immigration law, but to call them a "criminal",, i guess i could call you that too,, (if you've ever pissed on the street, jaywalked, went over the speed limit, littered) in the end its your opinion, but your to wrapped in your own little world to know any better,, my advice,, pick up a book [patriot]

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
quote:
we should start cafords illegal reform also anybody with a member number of 2000 or higher is now illegal on this site...they need to pay a membership fee to become legal on this site...

[Roll Eyes]

let me know how much i need to pay and ill gladly pay it. i try to stay out of the political issues,but im going to respond to this one. im italian, my family migrated from italy through ellis island they were given shots, papers, and had to learn english. to make a long story short, when my nanu died my nana settled in pittsburg ca. there was an army base, camp stoneman during ww2, because my nana was not a citizen she was takin out of her home and place in a consentration camp in oakley to live along with her three youngest sons even though three of her other sons where fighting the war in the us navy at the time. the youngest three later were also in the navy duing the korean war one of which was my father, they all fought so we could have the freedom to express our opinions and i respect that. im nobody special, unless you are an american indian, your here because your families immagrated here from one country or another, and more than likely they came here legally, even alot from mexico,they came here to better their life, they learned english, they worked and made a contribution to this country instead of being a burrdon, but thats not the issue. the issue is the ones who are here ILLEGALLY. its against the LAW and this law as well as all others must be inforced.
i totally agree with you. i like your post, little bit of background.. you didn't sound brain washed and conveyed your point effectively.
However, is people that pulled stuff our of their ass that piss me off. people that read other replies or articles on the Internet and take them to be facts when in reality are biased

I agree. break a law, pay the price.
My mom was denied asylum and had to be returned to Peru 6 years ago. She had to wait in Peru for 1.5 years before her case was appealed and won.

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

can I ask WHO forced you and your family to learn english???
and yes I agree laws must be enforced for their to be order, but when the circumstances conflict with shitty laws, then that my friend wherein lies the problem.

--------------------

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
people like sf89lx are why the country is as goofed up as it is already. I know people who did it correctly and became citizens the right way. It is a insult to them when stuff like this happens. Oh btw alot of illegals have more than one SS number. One to work off of and another one or two to claim welfare off of. So we should just look the other way why the SS system goes dowm the tubes.

you are a fucken moron.. [Roll Eyes]
ok Mr. Right,, how should we fix this "immigration" issue then?? privatize SS like Mr. Bush wants,, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. i;ll just let ur reply show how Moronic you are,, its just sad [Embarrassed]

--------------------

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sf89lx
no individual forced the italians to learn english, it just happens to be the official language of this country and common sence would tell you if you want to better yourself in another country you better learn their language.if we didnt back then, then we couldnt get a drivers licence, for example because the test were in english not chinese, spanish,italian, ect. please dont get me wrong this is the land of oppertunity and i wellcome people from all countries who want to become AMERICANS, LEGALY.the oppertunity is there. we shouldnt have to give anything but a fair shake the least they can do is learn OUR language.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
sf89lx
no individual forced the italians to learn english, it just happens to be the official language of this country and common sence would tell you if you want to better yourself in another country you better learn their language.if we didnt back then, then we couldnt get a drivers licence, for example because the test were in english not chinese, spanish,italian, ect. please dont get me wrong this is the land of oppertunity and i wellcome people from all countries who want to become AMERICANS, LEGALY.the oppertunity is there. we shouldnt have to give anything but a fair shake the least they can do is learn OUR language.

English is not the official language. we don't have an "official" language(unless this has changed and i have not read about it). However, i do agree, the least immigrants can do, myself included, is learn the language and show respect and gratitude to this great country for all the positive and negative virtues

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
sf89lx

it seems like you're very patriotic and I respect that,, my dad is actually itlian,, but my grandparents came here and never had to learn english to prosper.. hmmmmmmmm,, and its interesting how you say "our" language, whoms language is it?? don't you see that the only reason we kept the english language is because the great colonizers of this nation were british... that is where the English language is from...did you know that california's original language before english was spanish, because Spain and then mexico had control of california... hmmmmmmmm, its funny, once the U.S.. beat mexico in the war and took over their land,, they forced those mexicans living in california to learn english our get out...talk about forcing your customs on a people [BS flag]

--------------------

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

quote:
quote:
sf89lx

English is not the official language. we don't have an "official" language(unless this has changed and i have not read about it). However, i do agree, the least immigrants can do, myself included, is learn the language and show respect and gratitude to this great country for all the positive and negative virtues
youre probley right it may not be a federal law mabey thats why the state of arizona just voted to make english the states official language, very sad indeed. this is the easiest country in the world to manipulate due to the excessive amout of littigaters we have. just remember one thing my friend, the first official document of of this country, the declaration of independence was writen in english as is our contitution.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

she was using a false social security to work , while she was in the process of probably getting her citizenship.... did it ever occur to you that it takes MONEY, to get a lawyer and pay for all those citizenship fees and dues!! also if she was using a social security number, she was paying taxes [Roll Eyes] ,, did you know that the IRS gets millions upon millions of dollars of this unclaimed tax money, that that they lump into and unknown acccount...shes a hardworker taht isnt trying any shady shit,, why would you want to break up their family??? thats jus plain wrong [Mad]
What would be plain wrong is if she left her son here instead of taking him with her. Criminals break up their families all the time when they get arrested, your not bitching about that are you?

Also she had money before working, how else did she get a SS number? she bought it off someone that had access to them.

its funny how you throw out the word "criminal" like nothing...(don't tell me you've never littered, or stolen a small item at a store or sped on the freeway , you CRIMINAL),, and dude,, who said you have to pay to get a SS,,, you just make one up,, and you get can one for $50 bucks,, easily,,, as compared to thousdands of dollars in lawyers fees and paperwork to become a citizen.... [Roll Eyes]
Your thousands of dollars in lawyer fees have already been proven false, no need to comment on lies.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your thousands of dollars in lawyer fees have already been proven false, no need to comment on lies.
where or how have they proven wrong?? by someones expert testimony??? [Confused] im referring to the SS question

--------------------

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Fuck illegals.

Well said, You know my whole family is an immegrant to this country but we didn't just come over here, we waited in our own countries tell we got our paper work, then got on a plane and came to this country. If we would have been denied then we qook of just stayed in our own country, NO BIG DEAL!!!!

I'm so against illegal immegrants, we need to deport all of them. For this lady, we need to deport her ass too, and make an example of her. See illegal immegrants are criminals that broke the law and therefore they need to be Punished!

okay 1.. you said u wanted in your home country to fill out paperwork, it to be processed, approved,,etc.. and then you said even if you would of gotten denied you would of stayed " NO bid deal" correct.. ok first off why do you think immigrants come to this country ,, esepecially from the americas?? (economic opportunity, better living, better education, better healthcare, but also escape persecution in their homecountries, violence, and the aftermath of U.S. intervention in their countries for the last century... It probably wouldnt be a big deal for you because I;m assuming you didnt need to escape from a "bad" situation in your homecountry. You could of have found a job in your homecountry, bought property,etc, and lived a happy life there,
no about your deport them all comment,,double [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] question i pose for you,, YOU GOING TO CLEAN TOILETS FOR A LIVING BUD??? and once again like someone else on this board, u throw out the word criminal like nothing,,Yes i'll admit that they are entering the country illegally, and illegally working so in theory they are breaking U.S. immigration law, but to call them a "criminal",, i guess i could call you that too,, (if you've ever pissed on the street, jaywalked, went over the speed limit, littered) in the end its your opinion, but your to wrapped in your own little world to know any better,, my advice,, pick up a book [patriot]

First I'm From Iran, trust me I know all about hard ship, living in a bad place. For 10 years I lived in a bomb shelter because of the Iran/Iraq war, so don't say I probebly had it easy!
Second, Sorry bro I don't clean tiolets for a living, I work for my families buisness and I will get my Mechanical Engineer degree and a minor in math and physics in 4 weeks.

I have an illegal Immigrant Friend and he is a very good guy, he works two jobs and sends money back home to his family, I wish he could have a better life and I think he should get his citizen ship so I'm not an aminal but I think we need to teach Illegal people that you can't just run over here illegally and you get a citizen ship. I'M NOT SAYING TO PUNISH THEM BUT JUST DON'T REWARD THEM!

[ November 15, 2006, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: NavidR ]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country. Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land, you dont see this problem with people from most of asia, middle east or europe. If they would follow the process that is laid out for them(illegals) then they would not be in this situation. For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

i wasn't gonna comment on this to save me the headache, i was gonna originally flame Dana but decided to leave him alone, .. but you...sorry man, but that is some of the most retarded and absurd shit i've ever heard. i could break your post down in make you look like a dumb ass.. but i'll leave it alone.. for now, depends on your reply.
fyi, i'm against illegal immigration, just the "facts" you state have been pulled out of someone's ass. who exactly? i don't know.

Alright Einstien, you know it gets pretty annoying everytime you reply to a post you feel as if everyone is intellectually inferior too you, and you insert your asinine comment that how you can "break down ones post and make them look like a dumb ass", I think was your words. If you think that your the only one that goes to school, I got a reality check for you bro, School is not some secret society or something, its available to anyone and everyone at many levals. Next time you want to reply, think before you do, because there are always people who are better and smarter than you guy. You go to school, congratufuckinlations, next time you want reply to me, dont fuckin sound like a pretentious self-assertive jackass.

Now to "break down your post" If you refer to Navids post, you will see that he and his family did exactly what I had posted, right there is proof that if you do it legally it works. I know from personal expierience everything that you have to do and what happens from the point that you decide that you want to go and live in another country, up untill you become a citizen. So dont tell me that I dont know what Im talking about, I know exactly what Im talking about.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i gotta say is they do jobs that ALOT of us wont do...i tihnk most of them are scared to try and do it the right way cuz if they get rejected there rite back in mexico..so they dnt do it and they keep workin and tryin to help there familys back home...i know its not really part of the subject but i bet we all have given homeless people money rite?..homeless are legal and they dnt do a damn thing..but here we got illegals actually workin and doin shit to make it better when they came across wit nothin and made something of it......jus my opinion [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:

Alright Einstien, you know it gets pretty annoying everytime you reply to a post you feel as if everyone is intellectually inferior too you, and you insert your asinine comment that how you can "break down ones post and make them look like a dumb ass", I think was your words. If you think that your the only one that goes to school, I got a reality check for you bro, School is not some secret society or something, its available to anyone and everyone at many levals. Next time you want to reply, think before you do, because there are always people who are better and smarter than you guy. You go to school, congratufuckinlations, next time you want reply to me, dont fuckin sound like a pretentious self-assertive jackass.

Now to "break down your post" If you refer to Navids post, you will see that he and his family did exactly what I had posted, right there is proof that if you do it legally it works. I know from personal expierience everything that you have to do and what happens from the point that you decide that you want to go and live in another country, up untill you become a citizen. So dont tell me that I dont know what Im talking about, I know exactly what Im talking about.

my post had nothing to do with pretentiousness, I meant breaking down your post cause it's full of false claims and unfounded beliefs. Stereotypes and generalizations are not norms. What.. you are suing someones post to Validate your point? which is what? what is your point? if you apply for a visa or wait to come here legally eventually you'll be admited? that's one story.. it doesn't always happen that way. i have nothing against you, but your starts are not accurate.
I’ll try to sound unpretentious for you.

quote:
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country.

Really, what is shit? If it doesn’t cost shit then people all over the world would be here legally and not risk their life pay thousands of dollars to get to this country.
You are right. You don’t need a lawyer, but it is not Free, it costs money. Last I heard, it’s 90 dollars to get your application started in peru. Just to get the process started, there are additional fees but most people never get to those because they are denied visas. Even if it was 10 dollars it costs to get here. Most of this people get here because they can't afford to eat. going through the process when they know they don't have the qualifications to be granted legal access is stupid.

quote:

Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land,

This is what I’m referring to. 90 percent? Where are you pulling this stat from? Show me.. proof to me that is not some number that you just came up with.

quote:

For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

How could they spend that money getting here legally? Break it down for me. No one can just become a citizen without having resided in the US for 5 years(people that join the military are exempt), Last I heard.. You cannot apply for a residency either.

[ November 15, 2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK HIM AND HIS MOTHER GET THE FUCK OUT THIS COUNTRY. they do not do jobs that others wont. they do jobs for LESS THEN OTHER WILL. [patriot]
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

my post had nothing to do with pretentiousness, I meant breaking down your post cause it's full of false claims and unfounded beliefs. Stereotypes and generalizations are not norms. I’ll try to sound unpretentious for you.

quote:
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country.

Really, what is shit? If it doesn’t cost shit then people all over the world would be here legally and not risk their life pay thousands of dollars to get to this country.
You are right. You don’t need a lawyer, but it is not Free, it costs money. Last I heard, it’s 90 dollars to get your application started in peru. Just to get the process started, there are additional fees but most people never get to those because they are denied visas.

quote:

Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land,

This is what I’m referring to. 90 percent? Where are you pulling this stat from? Show me.. proof to me that is not some number that you just came up with.
quote:

For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

How could they spend that money getting here legally? Break it down for me. No one can just become a citizen without having resided in the US for 5 years(people that join the military are exempt), Last I heard.. You cannot apply for a residency either. [/QB][/QUOTE]

The way it works is that from there own countries they can apply for a Green card, Trust me its not easy and takes a long time, but Its a process that millions of people have taken and it works. Once they are here for 5 years then they can apply for their citizen ship

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
[QUOTE]The way it works is that from there own countries they can apply for a Green card, Trust me its not easy and takes a long time, but Its a process that millions of people have taken and it works. Once they are here for 5 years then they can apply for their citizen ship

You are probably right.. But we are talking about the gardener, people from rural areas, from the lowest of the economic and social strata that cross the border because of all the pull factors motivating them. I really doubt they would qualify for these programs.
All I’m saying is. People make it sound like anyone could just show up at the American embassy and get here legally but they choose not to do follow this procedure. Do you think illegals like the uncertainty of their migratory status?

[ November 15, 2006, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com