Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Boy, 7, Asks Mexico to help
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think his mom can stay if shes paying taxes so that we're not paying for his school and that she actually tries to get a citizenship instead of stealing peoples SS number.

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- He's a serious 7-year-old on a mission to save his mom.

Four-foot-tall second-grader Saul Arellano, a U.S. citizen, was to stand before 500 members of the lower house of the Mexican Congress on Tuesday to plead for their help in lobbying Washington to stop the deportation of his migrant mother, who has taken refuge in a Chicago church.

His fight is being closely watched on both sides of the border: The result could set a precedent for more than 3 million children, like him, who are Americans born to at least one parent who is in the U.S. illegally.

While his mother, Elvira Arellano, stays inside the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Chicago's West Side, Saul has joined a months-long campaign on her behalf, speaking out from Los Angeles to Washington, where he handed a White House guard his letter to President Bush.

"I want my mom to stay with me in the U.S.," he told The Associated Press on Monday in between informal meetings with Mexican lawmakers.

Since August 15 -- the day she was scheduled to surrender to U.S. authorities for deportation -- mother and son have lived at the church. U.S. federal officials have said there is no right to sanctuary in a church under U.S. law, and nothing to prevent them from arresting her.

But so far, they have not moved to detain Elvira Arellano, who has won the support from political figures across the United States, including Chicago Mayor Richard Daley.

Arellano, 31, said she sent her son to her homeland because she believes the Mexican government has the ability to help her.

"If the Mexican government can negotiate a free-trade agreement, they can negotiate a good accord to keep families from being split up," she said.

But immigration reform has proved to be a much tougher issue to resolve than trade. President Vicente Fox, who leaves office December 1, has struggled throughout his six-year term to gain Washington's support for a migration accord that would allow for thousands of Mexicans to work legally in the U.S. And while Bush personally supports a temporary guest-worker program, Republicans in Congress limited action to strengthening the border fence.

Arellano said she should not have to choose between leaving her son behind in the U.S. or bringing him to Mexico, away from his school, friends and familiar environment.

Conservative columnists and anti-illegal immigration activists say she put herself and her son in this difficult spot by repeatedly breaking the law.

Arellano illegally crossed into the United States in 1997 and was deported shortly afterward. She returned within days, living for three years in Oregon before moving to Chicago in 2000.

She was arrested two years later at O'Hare International Airport, where she worked as a cleaning woman. Convicted of working under a false Social Security number, she served three years probation before being ordered to appear at the immigration office in Chicago.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
I think his mom can stay if shes paying taxes so that we're not paying for his school and that she actually tries to get a citizenship instead of stealing peoples SS number.

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- He's a serious 7-year-old on a mission to save his mom.

Four-foot-tall second-grader Saul Arellano, a U.S. citizen, was to stand before 500 members of the lower house of the Mexican Congress on Tuesday to plead for their help in lobbying Washington to stop the deportation of his migrant mother, who has taken refuge in a Chicago church.

His fight is being closely watched on both sides of the border: The result could set a precedent for more than 3 million children, like him, who are Americans born to at least one parent who is in the U.S. illegally.

While his mother, Elvira Arellano, stays inside the Adalberto United Methodist Church on Chicago's West Side, Saul has joined a months-long campaign on her behalf, speaking out from Los Angeles to Washington, where he handed a White House guard his letter to President Bush.

"I want my mom to stay with me in the U.S.," he told The Associated Press on Monday in between informal meetings with Mexican lawmakers.

Since August 15 -- the day she was scheduled to surrender to U.S. authorities for deportation -- mother and son have lived at the church. U.S. federal officials have said there is no right to sanctuary in a church under U.S. law, and nothing to prevent them from arresting her.

But so far, they have not moved to detain Elvira Arellano, who has won the support from political figures across the United States, including Chicago Mayor Richard Daley.

Arellano, 31, said she sent her son to her homeland because she believes the Mexican government has the ability to help her.

"If the Mexican government can negotiate a free-trade agreement, they can negotiate a good accord to keep families from being split up," she said.

But immigration reform has proved to be a much tougher issue to resolve than trade. President Vicente Fox, who leaves office December 1, has struggled throughout his six-year term to gain Washington's support for a migration accord that would allow for thousands of Mexicans to work legally in the U.S. And while Bush personally supports a temporary guest-worker program, Republicans in Congress limited action to strengthening the border fence.

Arellano said she should not have to choose between leaving her son behind in the U.S. or bringing him to Mexico, away from his school, friends and familiar environment.

Conservative columnists and anti-illegal immigration activists say she put herself and her son in this difficult spot by repeatedly breaking the law.

Arellano illegally crossed into the United States in 1997 and was deported shortly afterward. She returned within days, living for three years in Oregon before moving to Chicago in 2000.

She was arrested two years later at O'Hare International Airport, where she worked as a cleaning woman. Convicted of working under a false Social Security number, she served three years probation before being ordered to appear at the immigration office in Chicago.

she was using a false social security to work , while she was in the process of probably getting her citizenship.... did it ever occur to you that it takes MONEY, to get a lawyer and pay for all those citizenship fees and dues!! also if she was using a social security number, she was paying taxes [Roll Eyes] ,, did you know that the IRS gets millions upon millions of dollars of this unclaimed tax money, that that they lump into and unknown acccount...shes a hardworker taht isnt trying any shady shit,, why would you want to break up their family??? thats jus plain wrong [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

she was using a false social security to work , while she was in the process of probably getting her citizenship.... did it ever occur to you that it takes MONEY, to get a lawyer and pay for all those citizenship fees and dues!! also if she was using a social security number, she was paying taxes [Roll Eyes] ,, did you know that the IRS gets millions upon millions of dollars of this unclaimed tax money, that that they lump into and unknown acccount...shes a hardworker taht isnt trying any shady shit,, why would you want to break up their family??? thats jus plain wrong [Mad]
What would be plain wrong is if she left her son here instead of taking him with her. Criminals break up their families all the time when they get arrested, your not bitching about that are you?

Also she had money before working, how else did she get a SS number? she bought it off someone that had access to them.

[ November 14, 2006, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

What would be plain wrong is if she left her son here instead of taking him with her. Criminals break up their families all the time when they get arrested, your not bitching about that are you?

Also she had money before working, how else did she get a SS number? she bought it off someone that had access to them.

its funny how you throw out the word "criminal" like nothing...(don't tell me you've never littered, or stolen a small item at a store or sped on the freeway , you CRIMINAL),, and dude,, who said you have to pay to get a SS,,, you just make one up,, and you get can one for $50 bucks,, easily,,, as compared to thousdands of dollars in lawyers fees and paperwork to become a citizen.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

its funny how you throw out the word "criminal" like nothing...(don't tell me you've never littered, or stolen a small item at a store or sped on the freeway , you CRIMINAL),, and dude,, who said you have to pay to get a SS,,, you just make one up,, and you get can one for $50 bucks,, easily,,, as compared to thousdands of dollars in lawyers fees and paperwork to become a citizen.... [Roll Eyes]
Its not thousands of dollars, get your facts straight before you start quoting things.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

it is in the thousands,, btwn 1,000 - 5,000,, and i'll get u facts...

Its not thousands of dollars, get your facts straight before you start quoting things.
close to a thousand dollars,, plus attorney fees,, HELLO... HERES UR INFO buddy
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-citizen29oct29,0,1486652.story?coll=la-home-headlines

[ November 14, 2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: sf89lx ]

--------------------

JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually yes it is it is not a cheap process...
It's funny how alot of people talk about immigration and how it needs to be reformed, but they don't stop to think that immigrants ARE California's back bone and realistically the nations back bone. I think that instead of spending tax dollars on building fences and doing raids and shit like that they should spend more $$ on researching who REALLY needs welfard and public assistance instead of just handing it out. I think that if the government was smart and they regulated the flow of immigrants they could actually use it to their advantage.

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

it is in the thousands,, btwn 1,000 - 5,000,, and i'll get u facts...

close to a thousand dollars,, plus attorney fees,, HELLO... HERES UR INFO buddy
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-citizen29oct29,0,1486652.story?coll=la-home-headlines

So its 400 bucks right now, my friend only paid 500 bucks and didn't need any lawyers or anything. Your posting a news article about them THINKING about raising the price to 800? Thats not proof of anything.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The citizenship application fee is $400.00 but b4 being a citizen they have to be permanent residents and that is a seperate charge all together.

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it is thousands of dollars i payed a lawyer $2000 for a f...cking speeding contest ticket what make you thing its going to be cheaper.. nothings cheap in america. [BS flag]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT302PONY  Ford pictures for GT302PONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its the lawyers that make it expensive i know of people that have been told that with 5 grand they could become citzens and they get get ripped off and thats just the people i know imagine how many people are getting ripped off
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
people like sf89lx are why the country is as goofed up as it is already. I know people who did it correctly and became citizens the right way. It is a insult to them when stuff like this happens. Oh btw alot of illegals have more than one SS number. One to work off of and another one or two to claim welfare off of. So we should just look the other way why the SS system goes dowm the tubes.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoHnNy SaVaGe:
The citizenship application fee is $400.00 but b4 being a citizen they have to be permanent residents and that is a seperate charge all together.

i agree, my girl has lived in the US with her family for 22yrs (shes 29), she and her fam are 100% Nicoya (Nicaragua) if i spelt that right, And she doesnt become legal til this Jan... now i dont know all of her story, but damn ive heard its been trying and a long process.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck illegals.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Fuck illegals.

[Roll Eyes]
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country. Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land, you dont see this problem with people from most of asia, middle east or europe. If they would follow the process that is laid out for them(illegals) then they would not be in this situation. For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
It doesnt cost shit (and you dont need a lawyer) if you do it the right way. If you apply for a visa or other immagration papers while still in the other country. Like 90% of illegals are mexican or south american, because they are connected to the U.S. by land, you dont see this problem with people from most of asia, middle east or europe. If they would follow the process that is laid out for them(illegals) then they would not be in this situation. For the people who say money is a problem for them, how do you think they get here, they pay smugglers or trafficers THOUSOUNDS upon THOUSANDS of DOLLARS, if they spend that money on getting here legally, granted they wont be citizens but more likely permanent residents.

i wasn't gonna comment on this to save me the headache, i was gonna originally flame Dana but decided to leave him alone, .. but you...sorry man, but that is some of the most retarded and absurd shit i've ever heard. i could break your post down in make you look like a dumb ass.. but i'll leave it alone.. for now, depends on your reply.
fyi, i'm against illegal immigration, just the "facts" you state have been pulled out of someone's ass. who exactly? i don't know.

[ November 14, 2006, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by JoHnNy SaVaGe:

i agree, my girl has lived in the US with her family for 22yrs (shes 29), she and her fam are 100% Nicoya (Nicaragua) if i spelt that right, And she doesnt become legal til this Jan... now i dont know all of her story, but damn ive heard its been trying and a long process.
WTF Man? you were supposed to save yourself for a Peruvian girl.. what the heck is this i hear about a nicoya.. [Mad]

jk

[ November 14, 2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

i wasn't gonna comment on this to save me the headache, i was gonna originally flame Dana but decided to leave him alone, .. but you...sorry man, but that is some of the most retarded and absurd shit i've ever heard. i could break your post down in make you look like a dumb ass.. but i'll leave it alone.. for now, depends on your reply.
fyi, i'm against illegal immigration, just the "facts" you state have been pulled out of someone's ass. who exactly? i don't know.

Everything he said is what i have read as well. Coyotes get paid money to smuggler illegals into the country.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
quote:

Everything he said is what i have read as well. Coyotes get paid money to smuggler illegals into the country.
you are missing the point Dana... nevermind. you guys are right.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
=(

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep em..i like my mexican food [Big Grin]  -

[ November 15, 2006, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: 89 FAKE SNAKE ]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Fuck illegals.

Well said, You know my whole family is an immegrant to this country but we didn't just come over here, we waited in our own countries tell we got our paper work, then got on a plane and came to this country. If we would have been denied then we qook of just stayed in our own country, NO BIG DEAL!!!!

I'm so against illegal immegrants, we need to deport all of them. For this lady, we need to deport her ass too, and make an example of her. See illegal immegrants are criminals that broke the law and therefore they need to be Punished!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
people like sf89lx are why the country is as goofed up as it is already. I know people who did it correctly and became citizens the right way. It is a insult to them when stuff like this happens. Oh btw alot of illegals have more than one SS number. One to work off of and another one or two to claim welfare off of. So we should just look the other way why the SS system goes dowm the tubes.

you are a fucken moron.. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you are missing the point Dana... nevermind. you guys are right.. [Roll Eyes]
It doesn't seem you have a point at all, you haven't stated anything so far all you've done is come in here and tell us we're wrong.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should start cafords illegal reform also anybody with a member number of 2000 or higher is now illegal on this site...they need to pay a membership fee to become legal on this site...

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com