Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need Advice : Amins Dealership Ripoff - BMW (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Need Advice : Amins Dealership Ripoff - BMW
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so heres the deal, my girl really liked this one black 2004 Bmw she seen at AMINS Dealership in Sacramento.. She went there.. The salesperson talked to her nice, she didnt really give a damm about his sales skill because she liked the car.

Ok so she noticed the car had three little scratches in the back bumper, missing sunroof cover and the traction button (DSC) button wasnt working along with the check engine line.. Little things... The salesperson told her that they didnt have time to fix the car sameday so they told her to come back next week to get the other things taken care of. So she purchased the BMW and in the contract they stated that they will fix those problems.

Ok so she went there last Friday to get it fixed and they made her wait 5 hours and yet bullshitted with her and decided to give her a rental.. So after five hours of waiting they told her that the car will need to be left overnight to be fixed. They told her that they will fix all the things wrong with the car. So they gave her a rental..

Three fays passed, they called her and told her that the car is done.. She goes and notices nothing has been done and told her that they fixed the check engine light.. She asked what about the scratches, traction button and sunroof cover. They told her "thats the only thing we can fix. The owner of the dealership will not fix the rest of the stuff"

I called irritated today and spoke to the sales person and he told me that thats the best they can do and thats all they are going to fix. They said that its nothing in the contract and that states that they're going to fix anything.

I personally believe that they were just bullshittin with the girl and took advantage of her by sweet talking her.

In the contract it clearly states that they were going to fix everything wrong with the car including the scratches and missing sunroof but they havent done anything but get rid of the check engine light.

I know some guys are on Cafords are into the whole sales thing @ The dealership.. So im asking your advices, im heading down to Sacramento tomorrow to talk to the ripoff sales people face-to-face.

What do you guys suggest that should be done?

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it states in writing that they will fix certain things they have to do it, otherwise you can take them to small claims over it, or have the contract voided, for breech of contract.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring the strap dawg j/k just go and talk to them like you said face to face dont act like you and i both like to until no head way is made or you keep getting fed bullshit

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its in writing? just show them that and mention better buisness bureau

[ September 20, 2006, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: t top freak ]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
bring the strap dawg j/k just go and talk to them like you said face to face dont act like you and i both like to until no head way is made or you keep getting fed bullshit

I know, i been told the homie to just stick to your word and just get the shit done, dont pull no shady shit on no female. He replied "yeah bro personally i will fix it" he told me that 3 days ago. But then today he said "No man, my manager will not fix anything".. I told him "You told me that youre going to fix all those things, so now your telling me your not, ill come talk to you tomorrow" He replied "sure".

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
its in writing? just show them that and mention better buisness bureau

Yeah its in definite writing. The thing is, they like to waste her time, everytime she goes there, they pull fake things off and tell her different things. LIke the DSC traction thing, they told her that its for a CD player and its not going to work.. They keep bullshittin with her.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
threaten legal action, or void the contract as stated above, and buy a car elsewhere
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Can you void the contract or return the car? She also traded in her other car for this car..

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not sure.....i would suggest legal help if youre that concerned about it. Is the car still under warranty? If it is take it and have it fixed at another dealership, then take the one you bought it from to small claims if you have to come out of pocket
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Yeah im concerned now since the sales guy told me that was going to fix everything then denies everything. They gave her 2 year warranty which i doubt is legit. I will double check tomorrow.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what does it say on the Bill of sale.
Precisely, what does it say? does it specifically identify each item that's malfunctioning and/or defective that you want fix?
please post that so people can advise you correctly as to what possible outs you might have.
good luck.

Dealerships are always like that.
My buddy bought a bmw also, it was missing the little knob to move the seat forward. well.. they put it on witting that they would replace it. and they did( a couple of days later). well.. the seat wouldn't work. and after some arguing, technically they were right, they replaced the switch but there was nothing stipulating the condition of the actual module.
Bs.. but that's how it works. =(

Used cars are sold as is.. with no implied warranty unless, ofcrouse, it's stated. if there are scratches of whatever and you were smart enough to get them to promise to fix those in writting then my hats off to you.
Just be careful, don't expect them to paint your whole bumper if anything they'll just touch it up with some cheap as paint... same with the dsc botton, warranties don't cover missing bottoms, unless.. once again. it's specifically stated in wrtting.
good luck man.
Good luck

[ September 20, 2006, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

I dont have the writings infront of me but before she bought the car, she gave me a call and i told her make sure you make them sign a paper stating they are going to fix everything you told them.. She made a list of things that needed to be fixed and they agreed and signed the paper. But they are denying it now since the main owner "AMIN" is out of state for a few weeks. They keep claiming that "AMIN" is declining to fix anything on the car. SO im talking everything written to them to their face and im pretty sure we will have a result tomorrow either one from me or one by them [Smile]

Worse comes to worse, if they decline, they only have about 30 cars in the lot, now if they are being that cheap to fix little scratches on her car, they're going to be fixing scratches on the rest of those 30 cars LOL

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BMW = Big Money Waster

[ September 20, 2006, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: 68_428_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, i ve learned working at a dealership is "the squeaky wheel gets the grease!" take it to the next higher person in charge or return the car if possible! see if they have a customer serive rep or take it too corp office if they're a bmw dealership.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you have 30 days to return it i think

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would take it straight back and demand my money back. they are such a pos dealer for doing you dirty IMO. [Mad]
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As far as I remember everytime I have bought a car there is like a half sheet of paper that is a carbon copy. They usually write on it nothing implied and nothing promised and make you sign that. It has a bunch of lines on it and always is in he envelope with the contract. If they slipped that by her and she signed it she is SOL. If they wrote all the issues and she has a copy I think there is some info on there for legal recourse.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 20, 2006, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
i think you have 30 days to return it i think

unless something has changed there is no "Cooling of period" in California.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

quote:
Originally posted by modular:
Its funny salesman are looked at as scum but youre willing to ask for help? I bet his treatment will reflect all salesman in your eyes... However I will help you. Its not a bill of sale but a "Due bill" every deal must be completed with one and I have to know exactly what yours says. They may be legaly responsible but you cant twist his arm if you know what I mean. If your Due bill says youre entitled to all your listed problems you can take him to court (dealerships are always getting sued). Try one more time with you going down there then tell him youre going to take the car to the most expensive and reputable shop you can find and will sue him for the bill. Any verbal agreements are void of course but whatever the due bill says is legaly binding. If you need more help PM me I know ways to get out of the whole deal as well unless she paid cash.

Due bill, I knew it was something like that.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

She contacted the dealership earlier around 8pm and a guy named "JIM" (sales manager) told her "dont bring your car in here anymore because we are not going to touch it and stop wasting her and their time".

I think im just going to pay them a personal visit.

Dag, check your pms

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 20, 2006, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a few years back my uncle bought a used mercedes from a bmw dealership. the car had minor problems, but like your girl, my uncle wanted the car bad. they promised to fix "everything" yet they ended up fixing shit. bmw salesman are worse than the
owners:eek: .

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
a few years back my uncle bought a used mercedes from a bmw dealership. the car had minor problems, but like your girl, my uncle wanted the car bad. they promised to fix "everything" yet they ended up fixing shit. bmw salesman are worse than the
owners:eek: .

Its not a BMW dealership, its just another small dealership out in Sacramento with a bunch of german cars and luxury cars.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

modular
¯
Member # 6599

[ September 20, 2006, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com