Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 4 Mike at APEX... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 4 Mike at APEX...
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:

I think it's interesting though that he says there is nothing on tape, yet he wants to look at these pics? "Compared to what you have"? Obviously you have SOMETHING, or you wouldn't have made the statement...

John,

Unlike some of users on this board I will NOT make a judgement until I have all the evidence, pictures, and information. I want to make sure I make the right decision... that is the reason I asked for the pictures.

AND no John, I do not have something to hide. The video footage from the camera does not have a very good angle of the side of the car which got damaged... that is why I want to see the pictures.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone: 408/588-0075

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, SCT, Racelogic, Evolution Motorsports, Eibach, H&R, Bilstein, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refills

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which is it? Based on the video you say "no"...yet now the video doesn't have a very good angle?

I said/posted nothing about you "having something to hide". Get it straight. No one is placing judgement for/against you.

Edit: Sal, that shit was funny. I'm still laughing...

[ October 02, 2005, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO OF WORK PERFORMED*****VIEWER DESCRETION IS ADVICED

I don't see anything wrong being performed on customers cars? [Confused]

LoL

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

I said based on the video it would be "NO". It would be no because it does not have a good angle to show the car was actually hit or damaged.

Ok, you did not say I have something to hide.. sorry about that. BUT you said I have something.. which is not true.... I wanted to give Andy a chance to give me everything he has to prove his case.

Besides, this is a issue between me and Andy. And it will be resolved that way... between me and Andy.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, SCT, Racelogic, Evolution Motorsports, Eibach, H&R, Bilstein, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, AMSoil, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refills

[ October 02, 2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough Mike, I'll agree with that. Best of luck with this soap opera. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Fair enough Mike, I'll agree with that. Best of luck with this soap opera. [patriot]

Thanks John, I look forward to resolving this ASAP.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will have to disagree with most on this thread

that could have been caused from the lift

if i remember the accused was backing the car off the lift, if i remember this right, then the damage could easily have occured because of a lift post

Im not passing any judgement, just passing on experience, I have a 4 post lift and know what can happen, and this could have happened

[ October 02, 2005, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:
the damage done doesnt look like it could have happened from opening the door. If you notice the lip of the door is bent down, almost like something fell on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i can't picture that happening from hitting a lift's post

BOTH I AGREE WITH! there is no way that a lift made those damages from opening the door. if it did happen, damage would be noticeable on the outer most part of the doors lip..not just near the weather stripping....that's just my opinion..

marek

i agree with that, but he never described fully how it hit and where it hit so we can't really make a judgement.
but from the look of the damage, if it were to happen, it had to have happened with the door would be closing, and not openning. i dont know how close the door was to the lift, so i really cant make a 100% assumption. my family shop has 2 big lifts, so ive never had a bad experience using them.

by looking at the lifts at apex, they are almost identical to the ones i use...

-

and the funny thing is, the doors are NEVER passed the lift posts...as you can see from the pic. so, if he backed off the lift, it wouldnt make any difference...the door would have been already clear of danger...

if he put the car on the lift, where the door was PASSED the lift posts, the lift arms would be mid-way on the chassis and the rearaxle haha...that cant be done...im sorry....there is something fishy here. im not taking sides, im just pointing out what is realistic....

marek

[ October 03, 2005, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here's another pic of where the lift arms need to be placed, and where they ONLY should be....

-

if the car was any further forward on the lift, the rearend would be where 2 arms would need to hold the car up.....common sense..

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i just got off work and i've read all the posts.

MachOne351: First off, that isn't even the type of lift that my car was on. It was a 4 post lift not a 2. Your argument here is not precise at all. The lift I was on had 2 platforms that raised up that had 4 beams.

Mr.Stallion was told to reallign my car on the lift more over towards the left. He got in the car, opened the driver's side door, kept it open, then stuck his head out the car, looking back towards the rear of my car, and proceeded to back the car down the lift when the open door struck the rear driver's side beam. If you look at the picture, the hard plastic window guard is cracked too.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

i didnt know it was a 4 post lift. if so, then i take my statements back, since they are irrelvant...but if it "did" happen on a 2 post lift, it couldnt have happened....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your info, but it was a 4 post lift. For all that really know me on this board, you know I don't B.S.

Mike-I just sent the pics to your e-mail. And I tried numerous times yesterday and today to get you the pics and it kept saying your box was full.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
the damage done doesnt look like it could have happened from opening the door. If you notice the lip of the door is bent down, almost like something fell on it.

quote:

BOTH I AGREE WITH! there is no way that a lift made those damages from opening the door. if it did happen, damage would be noticeable on the outer most part of the doors lip..not just near the weather stripping....that's just my opinion..

marek

I agree 150% [patriot]

I wanted to stay out of this but after the 2nd thread about the same thing,its obvious you wanted the WHOLE WORLD invloved....

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Andy,

Only thing I will say to you is, "You are not a man of your word" You posted and sent me a PM stating you wanted to handle this privately off the boards....

Instead of calling the shop OR PM'ing me to empty my box OR emailing me directly... you decided to bring this issue out and invlove everyone again.
[Roll Eyes]

Unlike you, I will stick to my word and still look at the pictures you sent me objectively and be unbiased. I will let you know my decision in a couple of days privately.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050

[ October 03, 2005, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

quote:

marek

i do think it is possible for a post to damage a car like that. out of my own stupidity, i did the same thing to a car moving it down a driveway. it hit a post hidden in grass, and bent the door lip inwards, as if something had pushed it from the side. the doors are metal, and metal bends when impacted, it doesnt compress uniformly. that could merely be the easiest path for the door lip to take. and as far as it not being the furthest point down the door, its possible that the door was opened PAST the post, which would bring the point of impact inside the door. you can visualize that very well in the overhead shot. if the door were opened beyond the post, it is possible for it to impact in that location. just my analysis from the photos.

-

that is approximately where i envision the post being. obviously thats not the exact position the post was in nor the angle the door was open, but it helps you visualize how it may have happened.

[ October 03, 2005, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

but do you think that hitting the post at a bare roll of a speed would cause the door to have that much damage too, especially when the door still has some play in it's extension? i can see that can happen if the door was extended all the way, and the post hit it, then too much force was being put on it....i guess you'd need to be there to really see and analyze this puppy to its fullest....best of luck to both parties...

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
serously this should of stayed out of the threads, [BS flag] but my opinion is,,fix it and t make him a happy customer and instead of him telling all his buddies not to go to your shop,liitle shit like that would make me think. but Good Luck to all,this will be last past post on this thread becuase it shouldnt of got posted [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh,,, Hey Where is APEX AT NOW? i passed by and its not there on lafyeete st no more(cant spell the street). Whats the new addres and where by, thanks eddie [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the horse is dead,.....
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510:
oh,,, Hey Where is APEX AT NOW? i passed by and its not there on lafyeete st no more(cant spell the street). Whats the new addres and where by, thanks eddie [patriot]

it's actually right next door...the parking lot right next to the old one.....the overhead and rent costs were WAY too high for that small of a place. their new place is way bigger, with a less rental cost...it made sense to move for them...too much overhead can really drive a business into the ground...

marek

[ October 03, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hopefully this gets resolved soon, and the post locked and deleted soon as well. [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

This thread should have never been started as we had an agreement to work it out off the boards. Andy is not a man of his words. BUT, as I have said before... I will take all the information I have and will make a decision in the next 2 days. If we did it we will have it repaired.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Mike,
Don't say all this crap about how I am not a man of my words. You were telling me that you wanted the pics ASAP. Everytime I tried to send them it said that your pm box was full (i'm assuming due to the registrations of all the people for your recent show). I then tried posting them for you to see on here since you guys are not open sunday and monday, which would mean you obviously wouldn't pick up any phone calls. Since you told me you wanted them ASAP, I had them posted on a thread. Otherwise I would have waited them out. But think, if I had waited any longer you would have probably talked even more garbage about how long it took to get you the pics, when you know that I have been in contact with you about this whole situation the whole time. I told you that I was having trouble transfering photos from my camera to my comp many days ago, I also told you that I had to go out and buy a new camera to take the pics, and meanwhile working 2 jobs and going to school full time limits my time frames to do such things. Please don't act like I never kept you informed of what's going on. You're only putting on a show for the crowd.

Andy

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Andy,

I am definitely not putting on a show for the crowd. You agreed to take care of this situation off the boards but instead of trying to contact me by sending me a email you decided to bring this whole ugly mess to invlove the masses again. Maybe my PM box was full but you could have emailed me, which is listed on this board.

Also, there was no need for me to "talk garbage" as I am a person of my word and had intended to take care of this via PM. I will still look into the matter and will give you a decision by tomorrow.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
please lock!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com