Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1.. (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Feeler: FS= EPIK's 2003 Mach 1..
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its time...lol just think of how much money you would save.
 -
[Wink]

--------------------
Eat rice it's good for you!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TRUE!!!

DOHC and they can be purchsed for $2500

Dustin, it makes sense man... Even though the air suspension can be a real bitch. Ask me how I know.

Would be nice not to have a payment.

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
TRUE!!!

Dustin, it makes sense man... Even though the air suspension can be a real bitch. Ask me how I know.

I don't know why the air ride gets such a bad rap,just like any other car after 100k the components need to be replaced. [Wink]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
quote:
TRUE!!!

I don't know why the air ride gets such a bad rap,just like any other car after 100k the components need to be replaced. [Wink]
No, because in that you have to trace vacuum lines, not replace a single shock or strut. The motor, the pump, grounds etc etc etc.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
quote:
TRUE!!!

No, because in that you have to trace vacuum lines, not replace a single shock or strut. The motor, the pump, grounds etc etc etc.....
ehh... for the price you cant beat the ride quality!

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year lincolns are the best?
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

Definitely not 1865!
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:

Can you be more specific yater? [Confused]

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Like that body style, the red one in the pic. Which years had the 4.6 4 valve in em?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like that body style, the red one in the pic. Which years had the 4.6 4 valve in em?
93-98, all of the mark8's with that body style were the 32v, the 96+ got the better beehive valve springs like the 96-98 cobra's iirc.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Nice, sounds like a good DD
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:
quote:
quote:

The 4.6 32v was developed in 1992 for the "new" 1993 Lincoln Mark viii. 93' to 98 are equipped with the 32v "The cobra has the Mark motor" not "The Mark has the cobra motor" [Wink]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Licolns are not on the same level as a BMW M5. who the hell wants an old ass 98 Lincoln? their UGLY! people grow up and there tastes and needs change. Screw brand loyalty. Do what works best for YOU! If Dustin wants to sell his Mach 1 then more power to him. I'm sure whatever he gets he will post about 10 thousand pics in the first week he gets it lol! [Big Grin] Lord knows I have debated about getting rid of my cobra for a E55 benz etc for quite a while....

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:

In my op "The" Mark to get would be the 1996 Lsc because the 96 has the updated valve body "93-95's have a problem with a faulty 1-2 shift actuator springs that would crack and cause a vary harsh 1-2 shift also, pre 96s had the worst headlight design in history. This was corrected in 96' with stock Hids "if i recall right the first American car to offer them stock." The lsc model has an extra 10hp over the "base" model 290 stock and upgraded wheels monochrome grill as well as better seats.

--------------------

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Licolns are not on the same level as a BMW M5. who the hell wants an old ass 98 Lincoln? their UGLY! people grow up and there tastes and needs change. Screw brand loyalty. Do what works best for YOU! If Dustin wants to sell his Mach 1 then more power to him. I'm sure whatever he gets he will post about 10 thousand pics in the first week he gets it lol! [Big Grin] Lord knows I have debated about getting rid of my cobra for a E55 benz etc for quite a while....

Don't be hatin!..lol

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

In my op "The" Mark to get would be the 1996 Lsc because the 96 has the updated valve body "93-95's have a problem with a faulty 1-2 shift actuator springs that would crack and cause a vary harsh 1-2 shift also, pre 96s had the worst headlight design in history. This was corrected in 96' with stock Hids "if i recall right the first American car to offer them stock." The lsc model has an extra 10hp over the "base" model 290 stock and upgraded wheels monochrome grill as well as better seats.
Those cars are ugly piles of shit!

--------------------

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

quote:
quote:
quote:

-
[Razz]

--------------------

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Damn why ya gotta be a Lincoln hater?

-

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^ LOL

I bet half the people don't even know who that is.

EPIK: The Mach is a beautiful thing but I can totally understand you wanting a more comfy ride. Heck, I sometime choose to drive my beater Honda Civic because I know I can leave it anywhere without worrying about it. Pick up the M5, I guarantee you'll forget all about the Mach.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
^^ LOL

I bet half the people don't even know who that is.

EPIK: The Mach is a beautiful thing but I can totally understand you wanting a more comfy ride. Heck, I sometime choose to drive my beater Honda Civic because I know I can leave it anywhere without worrying about it. Pick up the M5, I guarantee you'll forget all about the Mach.

John wilkes booth... [Razz]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
[Razz]

oh, im not mad. I just think getting one of those would be a downgrade.

--------------------

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you sell the Mach, it just means you're afraid of the GT beating it [Big Grin]

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so tempted to take that car off your hands...well whoever gets it, theyre gonna get a nice car.

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
TRUE!!!

When the components are new, the ride is great, but when they start to go, it can result in a trouble shooting headache and expensive parts replacements. As Don said above, it's not like replacing a shock or a strut on your traditional suspension automobile.

You have air bags, an expensive compressor, air lines, air solenoids, ride height sensors, a motherboard (off the PCM itself), etc...

I've owned a 95 Mark8 and although there are some redeaming qualities, I eventually got fed up with the air suspension and unloaded the car.

It's very comfortable, has the DOHC engine, IRS, all the bells and whistles, and the car can be lowered by adjusting the electronic sensors.

But I will never own one again.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got rid of my 01' and I've never looked back, I LOVE my car. Although I do I see a project fox in my future, as I still am a mustang guy at heart. But the looks, the attention, did I mention girls jock the shit out of the caddy, which I'm sure is no different than a G8 or M5 I'm sure.

You're in such a good situation Dustin. A paid off (bad ass) fox. I would do this in a heart beat. Hell I did it, and I don't even have a stang, it sucks, but I'm much happier now. And I know I'll get another stang soon.

Like Dave said, you've pretty much made up your mind. And this for sale thread backs up that decision even more.

Nothing better than hangin with "fast" cars with your family sedan. It's pretty bad ass. Lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com