Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 10)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Call me an LS1 nut swinger if you want, it is a good motor that makes great power out of the box. Am I a fan of the Camaro? Besides the 67-73, I am definitely not a huge fan, but I'm just a realist & you cannot deny the potential... Yes, with a 5.0 fox body & $5k to work with, one could most definitely DEMOLISH a stock F-Body. You could build a healthy 347 with that amount of cash, & the platform is MUCH lighter. That is not a real world comparison though, because the cars aren't even from the same time period. Like I said earlier, put up a Mustang from the same time period (98-02) up against a stock F-Body, or give both owners the same budget to work with, & the F-Body will win every time!!!

It's funny all of y'all think I'm hating on Mustangs, or jockin the Camaro... I'm definitely NOT at all, I'm just speaking the truth & being real... I love my Fox Body, & I would NEVER take an F-Body over my 91 coupe... But I also love my 418rwhp LS6 powered Cadillac equally as much. Yeah it's not a very fast car because it weighs almost 4000lbs, but it isn't built for drag anyway. But, just remember, this power was made with nothing but a cam, full exhaust, drop in filter, & a tune. Show me a similar CI, fully stock pushrod SBF motor (stock heads/stock bottom end/stock intake manifold) that will make that kind of power with the same mods???? It WON'T happen...

I have my Fox for drag racing, because that is what they are made for. ..

I'm gonna try to be done with this thread now.... LOL
[Big Grin]

epik, i know where you are coming from and i'm not try to call you out. you just really make the best points to try to debate.
now we can't compare something that is stock and similar. ford never made a 346ci 10 to 1 with. now you want to use my motor 354ci or a 4v 351c, i can easy show you that a ls1 is just another boat anchor. the 4v 351c 100% stock has made 400 on the engine dyno. with out changing anything.
[patriot]

edit: for all you guys that think i'm just a ford nut swinger. i have built & owned faster bowties than most of you. [Cool]

[ April 19, 2012, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Foxes rock, FBodies rock mullets.

Foxes FTMFW!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

Foxes FTMFW!

Yee

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Foxes FTMFW!

for the win

[ April 19, 2012, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Foxes FTMFW!

Haha, good one.

I dont swing chevy or mustang, but that camaro will be my last.

On top of my rear end being a glass bottle, the window motors are probably made from plastic. The hump on passenger side floor makes it difficult for a big person, or someone taller than 5;10 to sit there without seat all the way back.

The rear seats are better folded down, or removed. You could have a midget in the front and the back and someones knees will be somewhere uncomfortable.

The interior was nicer than my 02', there wasnt any rattles. Nothing was broken, no dash cracks. The leather held up nicely, with 110k only had one inch sized crack.

They do eat oil, alot. Inbetween oil changes, you will need to add half a quart. Which isnt bad. The stereo has the speakers in the right spots as far as quality.

But everyone is right, i look at it like this.

Get a fox if you work with your hands, and you like to watch your progress. For a beginner an ls1 isnt the right car to mod.

Whatever you choose, who gives a fuck what anyone says?

People feel like their opinion means shit on the internet, or their facts are always right. Weather its a fact or not, i still look at everything as an opinion from that person. Because everyone is different on judgement.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 19, 2012, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:

Foxes FTMFW!

Haha, good one.

On top of my rear end being a glass bottle, the window motors are probably made from plastic. The hump on passenger side floor makes it difficult for a big person, or someone taller than 5;10 to sit there without seat all the way back.

The rear seats are better folded down, or removed. You could have a midget in the front and the back and someones knees will be somewhere uncomfortable.

The interior was nicer than my 02', there wasnt any rattles. Nothing was broken, no dash cracks. The leather held up nicely, with 110k only had one inch sized crack.

They do eat oil, alot. Inbetween oil changes, you will need to add half a quart. Which isnt bad. The stereo has the speakers in the right spots as far as quality.

Get a fox if you work with your hands, and you like to watch your progress. For a beginner an ls1 isnt the right car to mod.

People feel like their opinion means shit on the internet, or their facts are always right. Weather its a fact or not, i still look at everything as an opinion from that person. Because everyone is different on judgement.

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

I'm going to build my POS fox with just HCI, a baby s trim with a face plated TKO or C4 hopefully I run mid 13's [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

[ April 20, 2012, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
quote:
quote:

Foxes FTMFW!

Haha, good one.

I'm going to build my POS fox with just HCI, a baby s trim with a face plated TKO or C4 hopefully I run mid 13's [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

You might if its your first time! Ha!

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

Just_a_GT
¯
Member # 10372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just_a_GT  Ford pictures for Just_a_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:
Originally posted by ReekingHavoc:
This thread BLOWS!!!!

Just so you know...... "REEKING" is not spelled correct, it goes like this "WREAKING" -the proper way to spell it.
im sure he knows...look how he spelled kalifornia
Oh NO !!!! I feel like such a ghetto thug that can't spell now. Well damn I guess it's time to go back to adult school classes at night to get my GED [Embarrassed]

--------------------
1990 GT 308 edelbrock alum heads Daily driver
2000 GT CAMMED 281ci

Posts: 697 | From: Winton, CA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS1BRUH

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:

if your lucky enough to find a 12 second
camaro, guarantee they got atleast cam and longtubes if not
more.

12.8 stock cam, stock suspenion, stock gears, stock shifter, hell this thing had cats still lol, basic bolt ons that can be done in a day. Sorry to rain on your parade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPj7L_Kgjk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[ April 20, 2012, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: 02angrybird ]

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
LS1BRUH

See me in your ls1 bruh bruh

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
quote:
quote:

Foxes FTMFW!

Haha, good one.

You might if its your first time! Ha!
SSSsshhh it deff wont me by first time, just keep it on the low don't want the LS1 owners to know im trying to make some mula hahaha [Wink] [patriot] , Me and my bro in law will finish putting her together soon and he's a former ls1 owner and he's even excited to see my slow fox come out [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQ-W-pMvx8&feature=channel&list=UL

Beat them with a stick!

[ April 20, 2012, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 02angrybird:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 86- 50:

if your lucky enough to find a 12 second
camaro, guarantee they got atleast cam and longtubes if not
more.

12.8 stock cam, stock suspenion, stock gears, stock shifter, hell this thing had cats still lol, basic bolt ons that can be done in a day. Sorry to rain on your parade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPj7L_Kgjk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
[/QUOTE

Is this yours? and people is saying 12's stock, that car had everything but a cam with nitto's, and barely got into the 12's. But if its yours good run, So now thats one 12 second and probably the only one in this thread of people jocking there ls1 camaro\firebird's. keep your personal times coming guys, can't wait to hear.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was mine, It had almost everything with full weight and a trunk full of junk lol... And no they don't run 12s stock and if anyone says that they're full of shit

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do LS1 F-Bodies trap in 100% stock trim? I don't see how a 12.99 would be impossible with a stock LS1 F-Body on slicks with a good driver...

My 03 Mach 1 ran a 12.73, & that was with a trap speed of only 107, with a 1.6 60ft. The car made 315 rwhp/323rwtq. I'm pretty sure a stock F-Body should be trapping close to 107 stock right?

[ April 20, 2012, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

I could see a stock ls1 f body pull off 12s on slicks, this guy ran a 12.39 with no engine mods(supposedly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAZx2VRB41k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its definitely possible to get into 12's stock with slicks. I'd like to see how long the rear end lasts though
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Its definitely possible to get into 12's stock with slicks. I'd like to see how long the rear end lasts though

+1 on the rearend... Mine didn't break but it was leaking from between the axle tubes and the housing.

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the S-10 rear end those things have under them LOL...

--------------------

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

This is what happens on a stock 10 bolt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3wlQOQwIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

quote:
What do LS1 F-Bodies trap in 100% stock trim? I don't see how a 12.99 would be impossible with a stock LS1 F-Body on slicks with a good driver...

My 03 Mach 1 ran a 12.73, & that was with a trap speed of only 107, with a 1.6 60ft. The car made 315 rwhp/323rwtq. I'm pretty sure a stock F-Body should be trapping close to 107 stock right?

107.9 for me. No gears, 13.6 @ 107.9, high 60 ft. If I shaved a second off the 60, I would have ran an identical time.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:

107.9 for me. No gears, 13.6 @ 107.9, high 60 ft. If I shaved a second off the 60, I would have ran an identical time.
Yup, that was about what I expected. The cars are pretty similar in weight too.

But, my Mach wasn't stock...Full exhaust, intake, tune, 4.10's, & full road race suspension.

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy John used to run 12.80's all day long in a stock 01 automatic Z28 Camaro with a K&N and normal street tires.I dont even like Camaros so you know i aint lyin either.He used to kill em out at the spots.

[ April 21, 2012, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here lets just do this. [worship]

11.80 @ 110.6 1.58 9" M/T ET Drag Sac Notch1320 88 Coupe N/A 311 Unported E7's, Stock Intake & TB & Stock Lift Cam. [Eek!] well now lets see a stock ls1 do this. [Roll Eyes] now what do you think would happen if he got h/c/i on this little pup. not to mention if he had a 331/347. [patriot]

[ April 21, 2012, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com