Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » we need more mustangs at the drifting (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: we need more mustangs at the drifting
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys can make my car swing to the right, for the cheap... I will go out there soon. I've been wanting to go for a while.
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jaejae5.0:
I wanted to pursue that dream..but that is all it was..buying a 240sx would put you miles in front of a semi built foxbody for drift..the steering angle they come with stock is sick..they don't weigh anything..grab some coilovers and a v8 swap an with a bit of skill you can work magic..but with a foxbody you have to do a fair amount of suspension to be competitive..not saying it can't be done..but for the average 9 to 5 worker it can be a little complicated..I plan to jump into one very soon..my mustang will be my boosted street car with nice paint an rims..the 240 will just be a crash dummy with a Hci 302..in a car that weighs 2700 pounds

[worship] [worship] [worship]

Brilliant. Jae, me and Henry were literally just discussing this very same scenario, so it's funny you mention doing it.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBrad 96pacgreen:
If you guys can make my car swing to the right, for the cheap... I will go out there soon. I've been wanting to go for a while.

Lol a 115$ carbon fiber clutch pack kit from 50resto.com..even the regular clutch packs will do that

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay the ten dollars to come out to sonoma raceway on 9/12 and i'll show you some fun in a foxbody. I do ridealongs as long as youre not a dickhead or Raelsmar, and bring a helmet. Afterwards youre gonna wanna drift a stang i guarantee it. And to all the doubters dont talk smack until youve checked it out. I built my bucket to beat the shit out of it and thats what i do every time i drive it. Yee!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN2vDl7FMk
 -
and big thanks to iron50 and duncan on helpin by cutting costs, walking me through step-by-step what they were doing, and did a great job!!! it was relatively cheap to make my car driftworthy, its not as much as you would think. its easy to drift low power, good weight dist. cars like 240's. if you have even some driving skill you should catch on easy how to drift a high torque car with a light rear end like a fox. i'd like to see more foxes out there, i applaud ppl who think out of the box and dont follow the norm.

[ September 08, 2012, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: SydewayzStan ]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and btw i met ramiro on 9/5 at sonoma and hes a cool dude, very humble and eager to learn and asked a million questions which i like!!! hes just starting out but i think he should be fine. i did pretty shitty my first few weeks but i kept my head up and now im doin much better. so all you nay-sayers chill out and dont talk down on others especially if youre afraid to try it yourself!!! at least ramiro has the balls to try! and its his daily driver, now thats dedication! and for 707clone hes a certified driver in my book and im sure he wont have any problem drifting.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
quote:
Not gonna happen.

Not gonna happen? WY not [Confused]
Because to get the average Mustang drift worthy costs money that most of the people here don't have, not to mention the skill it takes. The only successful Mustangs you see drifting are Gitten Jr. JTP. And Sarah Burgess(sp) sure Yves Faber drifts a Foxbody...in Europe and he's not in any type of profession competition. He could be, but he's not. Yes it would be dope to see more Mustangs, but look at what Stan went through to make his car semi drift worthy and how much time he's needed to become an even sub-par drifter...next to that, Wednesday night drift is all for fun, it's not competition. And even if you make it to that highly sought after level of competition, the politics behind the events are insane. I wish people the best of luck!
1) not a lot of work to make drift worthy
2) i've only gone to sonoma drift 7 times
3) who gives a fuck about competition, its for fun! quit talkin shit and go to a ricer forum already, no one gives a fuck about your opinion!

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
Pay the ten dollars to come out to sonoma raceway on 9/12 and i'll show you some fun in a foxbody. I do ridealongs as long as youre not a dickhead or Raelsmar, and bring a helmet. Afterwards youre gonna wanna drift a stang i guarantee it. And to all the doubters dont talk smack until youve checked it out. I built my bucket to beat the shit out of it and thats what i do every time i drive it. Yee!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN2vDl7FMk
 -
and big thanks to iron50 and duncan on helpin by cutting costs, walking me through step-by-step what they were doing, and did a great job!!! it was relatively cheap to make my car driftworthy, its not as much as you would think. its easy to drift low power, good weight dist. cars like 240's. if you have even some driving skill you should catch on easy how to drift a high torque car with a light rear end like a fox. i'd like to see more foxes out there, i applaud ppl who think out of the box and dont follow the norm.

It is absolutely a million times easier to do it in a 240..lol..but thinkin outside the box hurts my pockets..my dream has faded away..for now..im gonna grab a bike..a 240 and leave my mustang in the garage for fear if it being stolen..lol..u keep up the good work tho [patriot]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not gonna happen.

Because to get the average Mustang drift worthy costs money that most of the people here don't have, not to mention the skill it takes. The only successful Mustangs you see drifting are Gitten Jr. JTP. And Sarah Burgess(sp) sure Yves Faber drifts a Foxbody...in Europe and he's not in any type of profession competition. He could be, but he's not. Yes it would be dope to see more Mustangs, but look at what Stan went through to make his car semi drift worthy and how much time he's needed to become an even sub-par drifter...next to that, Wednesday night drift is all for fun, it's not competition. And even if you make it to that highly sought after level of competition, the politics behind the events are insane. I wish people the best of luck!
Aren't foxbodys banned from drift competitions?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not gonna happen.

Yea formula d banned them..but Wednesday night drift isn't associated with those assholes

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stan I was never insulting you. Practice makes perfect. Seeing more foxbodys would be nice, I just don't think it will happen.

Also, I'll go to a ricer forum when the mods make me. I appreciate most cars for what they are. I still love Ford and the Mustang, if it's possible to own one in the future then I will. But for now I'm content with my GS-R. It supply's me with everything I need/want out of a car right now

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man put it like this i was a die hard bow tie guy until i got a 5sp(had a aod and it was slow to me) fox and then i saw the light.i have learned one thing about these cars and its that they are worthy to be in any kind of racing with a little dedication.i have also learned that parts are hella cheap and available for these cars.....shit im all about surprising ppl thats exactly why im fucking with the under dog convertible not to mention i like to let my hair blow in the wind lol

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
and btw i met ramiro on 9/5 at sonoma and hes a cool dude, very humble and eager to learn and asked a million questions which i like!!! hes just starting out but i think he should be fine. i did pretty shitty my first few weeks but i kept my head up and now im doin much better. so all you nay-sayers chill out and dont talk down on others especially if youre afraid to try it yourself!!! at least ramiro has the balls to try! and its his daily driver, now thats dedication! and for 707clone hes a certified driver in my book and im sure he wont have any problem drifting.

I went to school with him hes cool guy bro he works at a tire shop maybe can some people up with some good price on tires.. Whats done to his car its all stock last time i saw him other then all the stickers lol..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Applaud those who think outside the box and are willing to put forth the effort to do something "different" The plan for my parents 5.0 (that was being given to me)to be turned into a drifter was put to a halt by some funk between me and my pops.

I'd like to see some of these guys in the foxbodys take it to the next level and make it out to one of the drift jams.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
quote:

I went to school with him hes cool guy bro he works at a tire shop maybe can some people up with some good price on tires.. Whats done to his car its all stock last time i saw him other then all the stickers lol..
Way way way way stock. No motor work no suspension work no nada besides a million stickers which are all gay BTW

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not gonna happen.

actually for 2013 they revised the appendix and now fox bodies are allowed

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
quote:

Way way way way stock. No motor work no suspension work no nada besides a million stickers which are all gay BTW
yes his car is bone stock. no mods yet and yes it looks kinda funny with the stickers and painted 10 holes. it still looks better then half the cars out there and i told him if he can get his hands down in it in stock form, that will only help him later on when he starts throwing mods at it.

also for those who wanna know, slap a panhard bar, some really stiff lowering springs, and talk to duncan about getting more steering angle since him and iron50 used my car to experiment so now they know how to do it easily. those three things are all you really need to get a good start in this. it helps to have a more solid chassis (sfc, torq box reinforced, roll cage) but i dont think its necessary

[ September 08, 2012, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: SydewayzStan ]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes his car is bone stock. no mods yet and yes it looks kinda funny with the stickers and painted 10 holes. it still looks better then half the cars out there and i told him if he can get his hands down in it in stock form, that will only help him later on when he starts throwing mods at it.

Yeah I don't know what's up with his tri-colored ten holes? N yeah stickers definitely gotta go I read like 5 of them N it's all it took for me to never want to read any more lol BTW I heard he hit something?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I don't know what's up with his tri-colored ten holes? N yeah stickers definitely gotta go I read like 5 of them N it's all it took for me to never want to read any more lol BTW I heard he hit something?
Im not sure if he hit something but it didnt look like it

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Im not sure if he hit something but it didnt look like it
His passenger fender got a pretty good size dent in it now, claims "drifter problems." lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Probably a tire stack

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Soooo he's part of Team F.O.D?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
Soooo he's part of Team F.O.D?

Thats what Iron50 said the other day

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all the little high school girls be lookin? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0 are now formula d approved and accepted. a 240 still needs a ton of mods to compete or have any fun. stock they are just a lil bit better than a fox just on the steering angle. easy for folks to talk about it when they sit on the couch and thumb thru the internet. the 24o has no posi. needs to be welded, as can the mustang if that already gd posi isn't gd enough. the steering angle and all the front suspension still has to be addressed as the mustang. funny thing is the mustang can be altered to get real close to great with cheap stock parts. while the 240 has to upgrade all aftermarket stuff. and the power plant is horrible in a 240. while the mustang power plant is great. the down side is the frame and torque boxes have to be reinforced on a fox body, duh u already knew that. so putting a 5.0 or better motor and still altering the suspension, and welding the posi. and still stitch welding on top of having to buy a 240 is a million time easier than a car u already have is a gd idea for u then go for it. this shit is awesome and dam fun.
WhiteboyHSM
¯
Member # 9433

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteboyHSM  Ford pictures for WhiteboyHSM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do I sign up If my car doesn't sell I'm down to make it into a drift car I would like to think I am a fairly good driver!!!

--------------------
HIGHSPEED MOTORSPORTS
1987 Mustang 5.0 ( Project MATER ) SOLD
2010 GMC sierra (DD) SOLD
2003 Single Cab Silverado DD

Posts: 188 | From: South City | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com