Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » GLOWING HEADERS !!! any ideas??? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: GLOWING HEADERS !!! any ideas???
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://webpages.charter.net/darrell1/mustang_efi.html
I've done this a few times before and skipped step 6 without problems.

[ December 21, 2012, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: MACK.GT ]

95 GT
¯
Member # 9673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95 GT  Ford pictures for 95 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok thanks. it didnt say anything about reseting the computer or disconecting the tps while i make the adjustment for idle. but im going to buy a new tps and iac today and i was going to grab plugs while i was there. and i already have guages for the fuel line and to check the vacuum. so im going to check those today too, can you tell me the procedure for checking if the pressure on the fuel line is good. i know that i need to plug the setup into the shrader valve but i dont know how to check if its holding or what the pressure should be. thanks mack

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Stock!!! H E L P !!!

MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, first you got to relieve the fuel pressure before you can hook up the gauge, do this by going to the trunk driver side ,near the tailight, locate the inertia switch, disconnect it. Then get in the car and crank the engine for around 5 seconds. It won't start of course, but the system is now relieved of pressure, now hook up the fuel pressure gauge at the shrader valve on the fuel line. Go back to trunk, and reconnect the inertia switch. Start the car. Read pressure note it. Disconnect the vacuum hose from top of fuel pressure regulator, note pressure. Turn off engine , watch the pressure, with your stock regulator the line pressure should hold steady for at least a couple min before it very slowly begins to drop. Smell vacuum hose that goes to fuel pressure reg,, if it smells of gas the unit is through. At idle the pressure should read around 35-37, and with the vacuum line removed it should go up around 5 psi. Those specs are not exact but close, id have to crack open the book to see the exact fuel pressure spec. Id say though if your fuel pressure is leaking down after shut off, its the regulator, if the pressure is low at idle, then then fuel pump is on its way out.
95 GT
¯
Member # 9673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95 GT  Ford pictures for 95 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jsut replaced the tps...no help. still idling super high... maybe iac next...?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Stock!!! H E L P !!!

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's your TPS voltage at?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
95 GT
¯
Member # 9673

it was about .75 at idle and i think 4.75 something a full throttle. im going to buy the IAC now...but if thats not it does anyone have a mass airflow sensor i can buy??

[ December 21, 2012, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: 95 GT ]

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Stock!!! H E L P !!!

MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

The new plugs didn't help? What fuel pressure did you get?
95 GT
¯
Member # 9673

Put new iac in and pulled apart the mass air flow sensor. i found a nice piece of dirt on one of the probes. and now im idling nice and pretty, and my headers are nice and normal. THANK GOD! finally finished. running beautifully now. perfedt idle and amazingly responsive again!! So i dont know if it was the iac or the piece of dirt that was the issue, but its fixed. id put my money on the mass air flow sensor tho. thanks mack and all the dudes on here that took the time to help me out and give advice. now if i can only pass smog tomorrow...LOL

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Stock!!! H E L P !!!

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck yeah! Great to hear man. I was bummed with all the problems you went through. Glad it's all workin out for you now!
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome..hopefully you dont make a thread 2morro with the title "why wont my car pass smog"

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
Awesome..hopefully you dont make a thread 2morro with the title "why wont my car pass smog"

Lolololllloollollolllll

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com