Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » tryin to put together a good blower combo (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: tryin to put together a good blower combo
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by 1sick65:
the car has a fox computer swap

Gotcha. Well, you may want to get it tuned then. There's possibly more in the combo.

As for the 94/95 processor vs the Fox...if they are a superior computer, why is the FoxSwap so popular? [Wink] I agree, no sense in dumping $$ into a combo without going all the way and tuning it correctly.

Well in stock unmolested and untuned form the 94/95 processor has some pretty sedate settings. No argument there. The tune is also very sensitive to cam/timing changes. That is why the fox swap is so popular. You can get the car up and running (not safe) enough to drive it over to the dyno to get properly tuned [Smile] Then again people are just happy making the swap to get their hard parts in and then call it a day without a tune.

I'd say with anything with forced induction I'd pick the 94/95 which is load based...

The problem with the SN95 computer is that you can not datalog load. Which means you can't accurately tune it for all driving conditions. This becomes increasing difficult the further from stock you modify the setup.

If you can't verify the load table in which the computer is pulling info from at any given moment, it makes it very difficult to dial in an accurate tune.

Hence the recommendations to swap to a Fox computer.

It is true the SN95 computer is superior.....but if you can't use it to it's potential due to aftermarket software 'issues', what use is it? The 2 years these computers were made are like an ugly step child of mustang PCM's. Nobody bothered to make the proper equipment & software to properly dial in these things because the OBD2 stuff has excellent data logging capabilities.....& the Fox stuff is very basic. (no load based tables)

I am able to view (real time) and datalog pretty much anything with my TweecerRT (including load, loadx, MAF Kg/hr, o2's, A/F, etc,etc whatever...too long of a list) on my j4j1/CBAZA 95 cobra computer. The basic areas in which information is pulled depends on OL status (which btw can also be controlled via the software).

Can the fox computers calculate anything over 100% load? The 94/95 computers can and I imagine that would be useful in a blower application, but we are talking TweecerRT and not SCT stuff (I am not an expert on SCT or any other of the current crop of tuners so I am not very sure of their capabilities or lack of R&D for the 94-95 computers, but I do know what works for CBAZA and the 94-95 tunes are done pretty well with this particular software (user can control EVERYTHING).

Bottom line...I just don't see any sense in purchasing a fox computer when the blown application calls for a tune anyway. Its like throwing away a perfectly good eec. [Wink]

[ February 14, 2009, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
do you think a 185 head will be a bit much on my combo?

No, because of the blower...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com