Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » dissapointed in car,please help (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: dissapointed in car,please help
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crane 2031? if it has a carb# does that mean its legal in ca?

Brand: Crane Cams
Product Line: Crane CompuCam Camshafts
Part Type: Camshafts
Part Number: CRN-444225
Cam Style: Hydraulic roller tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range: 2,000-5,500
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 214
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 220
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 214 int./220 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration: 276
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 282
Advertised Duration: 276 int./282 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.513 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.529 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.513 int./0.529 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees): 112
Intake Valve Lash: 0.000 in.
Exhaust Valve Lash: 0.000 in.
Computer Controlled Compatible: Yes
Grind Number: 2031
CARB EO Number: D-225-46

[ February 10, 2008, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: badazlx ]

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You forgot to read the part were my heads HAVE NICE PORT WORK. Which is very important because they flow far better than his heads on the exhaust. You just need to read the entire post [Wink] I set my own cam up and tuned my own car and it Idled fine with a E-Cam. Try reading my post and understanding it before you try to bust my chops. I made the statement refeering to the exact Y303 heads he is running.

[ February 11, 2008, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my heads have mild port work.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fact is you need a smaller cam like mentioned and a smaller intake. Trickflow stage 1 cams are cheap if you can find a good one used. They seem to idle better also. I would love to trade you intakes but I don't think I rev mine high enough to make use of it either. good luck.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

i have realized this, i just need to figure out what cam i want, i kinda wanna do the swap before the weekend, i really dont like the trickflow cams, my buddie had one that he hated.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

try this cam XE270HR at .050 218 224 .512 lift 114 LSA with the intake you want it will run good. Plus it has alot more aggressive lobes than either the trick flow or the Fcam. It might look the same on the surface but it isn't. Good luck BTW I have buddies with trick flow cams that have ripped along pretty good. Your other question on the carb number yes it is legal in CA. smog techs never check carb numbers on cams. I always give them the E-cam carb number if they ask lol.

[ February 10, 2008, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have had good luck with the b 303 cam im running performer intake and heads it runs 12.9 on motor and have no idle problems

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

not realy worried about idle, i actually love the rough idles, are you running 1.6's or 1.7's?

--------------------

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.6rr runs pretty strong that was also with a 1.9 60ft there is a lot left in it

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

see i was thinking about the b-cam with 1.7s my buddy had that for a while and that ripped along. i just dunno its all up in the air right now.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a 2031 cam here if you're interested.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why do you want so much lift? its a 302 with small heads.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

so what would you do? for a intake and cam?

--------------------

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
performer intake, tfs 1 cam, or Fcam, thats all you need. Who ever told you to put that tfs-R on their was nuts.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

well i had it laying in my garage and it was that or stock. what about a street heat? a guy on the board has one new in the box he will trade me for. and will you have to degree the f cam to clear the pistons?

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
What you need to do is simple: Contact Ford Motorsports and ask them what they recommend. Your primary go fast part will remain Ford (heads) so the best thing to do is to talk to the guys who built that part and see what success they've had with various cam and intake combos. They will give you excellent advice since it's their product you're using.

Quick example: During one of my previous builds, a few years back, I just couldn't seem to nail down the perfect cam. So, I contacted my top three choices; Ford, Anderson FM, and TrickFlow. They all replied to my questions, even complimented one anothers products, while outlining the drawbacks/advantages of using each one of their cams instead of someone elses. In the end, and a dozen e-mails later, Trickflow suited MY combo best and ended up getting me into the high 12's with off the shelf parts and no fine tuning whatsoever... I hadn't even upgraded my fuel or electronics yet!

Bottom line: The TrickFlow cam complimented MY parts best and made my little pony a sweet runner. Do a little legwork on the front end and enjoy a much better performing combination on the back end. I have done this on every build since and I've enjoyed outstanding results.

My .02 for the day [patriot]

sup nick? long time no see!what u been up too, and do u still have the fox?
Chris, whattup bro. I have been gone for a while, I know. I am out here in Okinawa, you know, doing my Marine Corps thing. I left the 88 back in the States at my folks house so I haven't been able to play with it for about a year now. However, I left that beast in prime condition and it was running HARD. I never got it up to Sac before I left but after getting it tuned/dialed in, it was putting down a little over 340rwhp/355rwtq in that little 302. I ran a 12.8 before I ripped it apart again and it was probably making close to 300 at the wheels back then. With the suspension I have, I am looking for 12 flat... mid/high 11's on juice.

I saw the numbers your stang put down. Damn impressive. That ride was sick when you took me for a ride waaaay back when so I can't wait to see that thing again someday. When are you going to get some track time in that beast?

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first of all. what are your springs good for?

TFS stuff is proven. assuming your springs will hold ide go tfs1 cam and Track heat.....

its will have plenty of tq down low with 3.73's....and will pull strong to 6500.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by badazlx:
will you have to degree the f cam to clear the pistons?

No, but it's always good to check.

As a side note: If you have to degree a cam simply for clearance, you are changing its characteristics and moving the powerband in a way NOT designed for the cam. An off the shelf cam is designed (most often) to be installed straight up. Unless you have the supporting hardware, degreeing it will hurt you, rather than help you. Custom cams, on the other hand, can often be designed for various installation positions; oftentimes working best when retarded or advanced (cam specific).

Do your homework and you won't be dissapointed.

But we all like that magical answer of "that cam will work best" don't we [Wink]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
see i was thinking about the b-cam with 1.7s

If I remember right that is the same as running an F cam.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know the more I read this I say put that thing on the dyno. I bet you are seeing valve float/coil bind.

What condition are the springs on your heads?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
first of all. what are your springs good for?

TFS stuff is proven. assuming your springs will hold ide go tfs1 cam and Track heat.....

its will have plenty of tq down low with 3.73's....and will pull strong to 6500.

If his springs didn't float or bind already they would be fine with most the cams suggested. The stock y303 heads have springs for up to .540 lift. Hopefully he changed them for the ones recomended for his cam. If you want to get your car running fast then get the cam from John B. almost anything is better than what you have going on now. If you trade your intake for the steet heat intake you will have a nice combo going then. good luck.

[ February 11, 2008, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
see i was thinking about the b-cam with 1.7s

If I remember right that is the same as running an F cam.
No they are different. The B would be closer to the X with 1.7's but still with less lift than the X with 1.6's

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well i had it laying in my garage and it was that or stock. what about a street heat? a guy on the board has one new in the box he will trade me for.

yes trade it!

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
try this cam XE270HR at .050 218 224 .512 lift 114 LSA .

hmm...... im thinking about that cam for myself [Big Grin]
Ecam aint cuttin it

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

ok so im gonna go with a b-cam and puttin my 3.73's in saturday. im trying to trade a trackheat intake for my r from 2sicgt. or else a performer rpm2

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com