Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Trick Flow vs Edelbrock..... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Trick Flow vs Edelbrock.....
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hci + pa = you'll dip into the 11's no prob if you can hook

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Edelbrock products are very well made. What sold me on the Vic Jr's I just bought was that every bolt hole is helicoiled, the valve springs are good up to .650 lift, and they are affordable. IMO trickflow is at the bottom of the NAMEBRAND food chain. Im not bashing trickflow, hell I have a couple of trickflow parts on my car.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about a Holley SysteMax II package? They advertise 350hp out of your 302 with it. Add the NOS Big Shot to it and be happy?

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about AFR 165s or 185's, MM&FF just put some ported 165's on their project Capri and it added 60HP ovet ported 7TE heads, I would go for the 185's if you plan on using a PA or going to a 347

I have no clue on the Cam, ask an engine builder

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok if i went with edelbrock it would be the performer intake, performer heads(#60379), the cam has yet to be picked.

for trick flow it would be the track heat kit.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd stay away from the Edelbrock heads. Go with the Trick Flow's or AFR's.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I'd stay away from the Edelbrock heads. Go with the Trick Flow's or AFR's.

why is that?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flow far better.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
too much speculation, just get ANY pair and get your car running. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
too much speculation, just get ANY pair and get your car running. [Razz]

my car does run, i just dont have it.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would only choose one... afr

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

i might just go with edelbrock becuase i wont have to worry about coming up with carb stickers for cops and i wont have to worry about smog
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
i might just go with edelbrock becuase i wont have to worry about coming up with carb stickers for cops and i wont have to worry about smog

Trick Flow heads are smog legal w/ a carb number.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:

I don't think they're intake have a carn number and they're cam doesn't .

I don't know I don't want to buy it and I could have gotten the edelbrock parts and gone faster or visa versa.

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plenty of cars run faster than high 12's with a NA stock bottom end.

check it out: http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=518936&pp=35

Another vote for TRICKFLOW here [patriot]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't know I don't want to buy it and I could have gotten the edelbrock parts and gone faster or visa versa.

The street heat intake is 50 state legal as are the Twisted Wedge heads. I'm not sure about the cam but you should pass with a stage 1 cam. If you are worried about having a CARB number for the cam just tell the smog guy it's a E cam.
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The street heat intake is 50 state legal as are the Twisted Wedge heads. I'm not sure about the cam but you should pass with a stage 1 cam. If you are worried about having a CARB number for the cam just tell the smog guy it's a E cam.
im not worried about the cam, just about the intake and heads, does trick flow sell replacement carb stickers for the street heat intake?
i bought my street heat used and it didnt come with the carb number.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

I dunno if they sell replacement sticker. However you can go to this site and get the CARB number

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

That should be enough for smog purposes.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ok what do you guys think about this combo,
302 bottom end
Performer intake
Performer heads
What would be a good cam for that too end? I was thinking about the edelbrock cam that is in the performer package.
I know Haulinassmaro will approve. And then throw some N20 at it and would I be able to hit low-mid 12's on drag radial's?
I need to convert to mass air and get my sub frame connectors and 373 gears I want to hit low 12's NA then have the nitrous as a backup incase things get close.

Sounds like a good combo. Are you rebuilding your motor at the same time? If so I would build a 347 and not a 302. The minimal extra cost will be well worth the result [Wink]

Don't forget to budget for an upgraded fuel system, roller rockers, etc.

i want to see how fast i can go with the stock 302 and im not going to do a 347 with the stock block.
for fuel im prob gonna get some 36lb injectors and maf, i already have a 255lph pump and aeromotive fpr.

Whats wrong with a 347 in a stock block? [Confused]

With the combo's you are talking about you couldn't possibly make enough power to hurt it.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is nothing wrong with using a stock block for a N/A 347. My first choice in heads would be AFR, Edelbrock, then trickflow.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

who said i was staying n/a ?
i just dont want to blow the damn thing up.
if i stay with the stock block id do a 306,stroker wise im going with a aftermarket block, if im going to dish out a couple grand on a engine, i would do it right the first time and still have piece of mind that i would make more power out of it.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

quote:
if i stay with the stock block id do a 306,stroker wise im going with a aftermarket block, if im going to dish out a couple grand on a engine, i would do it right the first time and still have piece of mind that i would make more power out of it.

If you plan on going with a power adder then I would suggest stepping up to 42lb injectors (instead of the 36's mentioned in an earlier post). Also, I would go with an inline pump in addition to the 255 in tank.

A 331 w/ a blower is a good combo IMO. A stock block should be able to handle 450RWHP. I would use a girdle. Going with an aftermaket block is good but it will set you back around 2g's just for the block.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Um, I don't care to go back and check 4 pages of posts, but I don't recall you mentioning any power adder in any of your combos that you listed. Therefore you said you were going N/A [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

but yes im going to have a power adder. i might step up my compression a bit.
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you need to sell your car and go buy a honda!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com