Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » reach 500hp (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: reach 500hp
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wht about this....rged crank...forged pistons...stroked to a 302 5.0L...block is stock....shaved heads on my non i heads...port matched...polished...cams...custom tuned chip...70mm throttle...80mm mass air...1.7L B blower @14Psi alongwith the boost a pump and all...wht kinda power do u think i'll be making there?...and a live posi rear end...9" rear end...3:73 gears...mm front and rear coilover kit...upper lower control arms....bilstein shocks and struts...ect...3.5 aluminum drive shaft...with all that what kind of power and traction will i get...just throw out random numbers that are preety close...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, many things look wrong with that set-up.

First things first. The stroker kit is an OK, idea, but if you want to run the KB, I would go a different route on the top half of the motor. It looks like you want to build some crazy motor, to get a wild HP number. But parts listed would be all wrong for that.

I would go with some heads from Fox Lake probably the stage two's with a good set of cams matched to my application, go with the KB 2.2L Blowzilla run it at 9psi. intercooled, instead of the 1.7L running at 14psi. I would go with a Lightning 100mm MAF, with a Accufab 75MM TB, also throw in the KB Boost a Pump, and Boost A Spark. There would also be a few other goodies throw in. I would run a FAST system on it, no crappy programmers.

But in the eyes of money, you would be looking at 12-15K when done. Nice if money grew on trees huh? [Wink]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok how about a forged crank stroked to 302...PI heads...1.7KB@14psi,,,and posi 3:73 rear end...42lb injectors...ect...will thatwork?

--------------------
1996 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i see that all you are wanting to do is impress the chevy's and ricers where u work..or whatever..

do the PI Swap..

HEads/cams/intake (port the heads if possible)
4.10's in the rear
get a JLT RAI, 75MM TB, Plenum, u/d pullies
short shifter..

and believe me..youll be neck nd neck with those maro's [Wink]

i know from experience.. [Wink]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck it dude, sell your 15 second monster and invest in something worth fixing up, don't make the same mistake alot of us have ::cough::like me::cough::with my 98GT::cough::

Since you are so frickin sprung on getting a KB blower, then go get a 03/04 Cobra, do the KB OR even Whipple swap with supporting mods, run 18-22psi and call it the fucking day!!! That way you can update your Myspace.com pics with an actuall car that will run 12's/11's and live true to the topic of "Good day to run 12's" title that is currently underneath your buddies rice car and your 15 second GT [Roll Eyes] in your picture section!!!

[ November 22, 2005, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
Fuck it dude, sell your 15 second monster and invest in something worth fixing up, don't make the same mistake alot of us have ::cough::like me::cough::with my 98GT::cough::

Since you are so frickin sprung on getting a KB blower, then go get a 03/04 Cobra, do the KB OR even Whipple swap with supporting mods, run 18-22psi and call it the fucking day!!! That way you can update your Myspace.com pics with an actuall car that will run 12's/11's and live true to the topic of "Good day to run 12's" title that is currently underneath your buddies rice car and your 15 second GT [Roll Eyes] in your picture section!!!

[Eek!]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That way you can update your Myspace.com pics with an actuall car that will run 12's/11's and live true to the topic of "Good day to run 12's" title that is currently underneath your buddies rice car and your 15 second GT [Roll Eyes] in your picture section!!!

LOL!!!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you need to do to make 500 rw is...

1) your car
2) a garage that is air tight
3) A hose

next attach the hose to your exhaust pipe and put the other end in your car. Then get in the car with the windows rolled up and the doors shut (it must be air tight to work). Just sit in the car and wait for the horse power to start coming. Sit in there as long as it takes no matter how dizzy you get. I swear to god it works, I sat in mine so long that I have over 550rw. Ask all the big horsepower guys.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That way you can update your Myspace.com pics with an actuall car that will run 12's/11's and live true to the topic of "Good day to run 12's" title that is currently underneath your buddies rice car and your 15 second GT [Roll Eyes] in your picture section!!!

[Eek!] good God!! thats ownage if i have ever seen it!!

ROFL!

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

that reminds me..

i havent really seen this guy post any recent topics [Razz]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
that reminds me..

i havent really seen this guy post any recent topics [Razz]

Do we know its a guy though? Autumn is a girls name?

Where is their myspace by the way i wanna see the picture haha

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

its a guy..

Autumn (hence the color of the GT...its the same color as Jon's aka 1sicGT)

and his myspace was in his SIG..but has been misteriously removed...

hes indian i believe...ask Raj..he might know him [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you 2 scared him off.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
its a guy..

Autumn (hence the color of the GT...its the same color as Jon's aka 1sicGT)

and his myspace was in his SIG..but has been misteriously removed...

hes indian i believe...ask Raj..he might know him [Razz] [Big Grin]

I always read it as a girl posting, oh well.

[ November 23, 2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

i thought i can use cal fords as resource...not to be put down man...thats why i was posting it to get ideas and stuff...whether it was a 500hp car or ot...just wanted to see other responses and stuff...and if i had the money to insure a cobra at the age of 20 i would have bought it first instead of this gt...but i want this gt to as fast as it can go until i buy my 03 cobra which will be in a year and a half...after the police academy...

--------------------
1996 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com