Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HP after modifications?? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HP after modifications??
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lightning89mg:
Ryan, your talking loike your 60 and ready to retire.. Your young go with speed and fun, why are you looking for like a family reliable car... And scott, when you do get a car, i am sure it will be fast! VRRRM!!!

I need something to tow my next 95 to the track. I just want something more comfortable to drive. When your my height with a fucked up knee and a lower back problem ever since I got hammered going up for a dunk in that san mateo game last year [Mad] it's hard to drive a mustang everyday. I figure get the expensive car now while Ican afford it, then when I'm doing nothing but teaching and writing books and coaching and can't afford dick but a used 94-95 I'll be able to afford that instead of looking for something to tow my nicecar to the track. We all want speed no doubt about that, but you have to look at things before you make decisions to truly understand what will bet better in the future [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Stalkerstang
¯
Member # 4208

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stalkerstang  Ford pictures for Stalkerstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys. I was wondering which muffler to get for my new exhaust system. Can anyone tell me overall which muffler would be better to get?? Flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series, Magnaflow, or dynomax?? I want a pair that will give me deep sound, but performance/better gas mileage if possible. Thanks!!
Posts: 16 | From: Belmont, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stalkerstang:
Hey Guys. I was wondering which muffler to get for my new exhaust system. Can anyone tell me overall which muffler would be better to get?? Flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series, Magnaflow, or dynomax?? I want a pair that will give me deep sound, but performance/better gas mileage if possible. Thanks!!

Anything with a straight throw design. Magnaflows seem to be the new thing producing the sound and th power for a good price. Borla's and Bassani's are bad ass if you feel like paying that much, best choice in my opinion are the Dynomax race bullets that Albert has. SOund sick and may as well be a straight throw pipe. Dynomax superturbo's are also a good choice. SPintech's are something to look at as well. Basically if you want power look for something with a straight throw design not chambered. It's not going to make a huge difference but there will be some difference. However, if you like the sound of flows better than anything else I'd say just stick with them [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run Hooker Super Comps into Magnaflows with dumps. I have tried every kind of flowmaster, dynomax super turbos, bullets, you name it, ive tried it.

The Magnaflows sound the best in my humble opinion with my setup of course [Big Grin]

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

greekss
¯
Member # 4062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for greekss  Ford pictures for greekss    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i still say sell it and buy a camaro

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com