Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Needed FREE mods (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Needed FREE mods
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i agree with 91sleeper/ remove the fog light assm.then with a sawzal or hacksaw
cut the fiberglass bumper on the passenger side so its even with the fog light hole opening
the cut the fender well behind the airbox to a 6" inch hole.also cut the airbox to match the 6"hole with the fender.
go to home depot and pick up a 6"ventalation tube
then run it to
fog light to air box-you got super ram air [worship]

oh yeah theres a small bracket you'll need to remove in the fender nothing that'll hurt your car.

well with the 6' vent and blades use for cutting
you've spent about $15 and about 2-3 hours
for a gain of 1-2 tenths .
i done it on my x-gt with great results [patriot]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like this better, you can even take the pass. headlight out to have a more direct ram air.

-

Only negative is that it adds some weight but then again it is plastic.

[ September 26, 2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u have the demision for that "super ram air kit"
that thing is sick
Thanks guys

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have the dimensions for it, sorry.

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That ram air has got to be one of the most moronic designs i have ever seen lol. Do you know anything at all about how air flows i can tell you one thing when you are running a t junction instead of a u bend it isnt going to cause a ram effect lol. Air dosent flow in a t lol

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But its so pretty like. [Razz]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty for a sewage pipe lol

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com