Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car was a big dissapointment at the strip..whats the next best step? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Car was a big dissapointment at the strip..whats the next best step?
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
The guy who gained 35 rwhp ( forgot his name, he was in Strictly 5.O had had edelbrock heads) could have gained about 30 rwhp of it with old fashion 5.O tuning. Don't take your car on the dyno until your bugs are all sorted out and you're running 105+ mph trap speeds.

Ok, fair enough.

My to do list so far:
1. adjustable fuel regulator
2. more timing
3. tps sensor
4. clean 10 pin connectors
5. clean k@n (its probably been forever...)

--------------------
90GT: h/c/i
05 wrx

Posts: 868 | From: plumas lake (sacramento area) | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Add this to the list once thats all done....FIND someone who has a wideband and pay them to use it. WELL WORTH IT

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
checking the EEC for error codes should aslso make it on your list. Other obvious stuff is to have someone floor the gas pedal (engine off of course) while you check to see if the throttle body blade is opening all the way.
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rick houstan performance sells them for $69 plus $7 shipping. Talk to steve real nice guy, that is where I got mine.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Rick:
I have a new aeromotive but it didn't fit with the intake [Mad] Where to order a kirban?

dude, don't stress, that is really common, the Kirban won't fit right either probably.

loosen the 2 screws holding the fuel rail down, and *gently* bend the fuel rails out of the way of the intake.

edit: Also, don't stress about your TPS, just make sure idle is below 1.0 volt (0.8 or 0.9)

[ April 10, 2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rick  Ford pictures for The Rick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shade- well, maybe I'll give it a go when I go pick it back up today and try to make it fit again

--------------------
05 wrx

The Rick
¯
Member # 327

btw, a street by my parents house has the name SHADE TREE [Whoo Whooooo!]

if your ever up north in santa rosa area, let me know. You can go steal it [Big Grin]

--------------------
05 wrx

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PseudoCobra:
Possibly your differential needs to be checked to make sure you're not doing a one legger if you are getting sidewayz like that. [Confused]

when you have a one legger, you do not get sideways, when you have a duex legger, you do get sideways

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha... maybe I'm the only person that will find this funny, but I've got just about the exact same set up as you except I've got 70mm TB and 24#ers. The Rick... The Nick... ok, that might have been lame.

Anyways, it seems like the stock fuel pressure with 30# injectors might be running a little rich. I'd definitely invest in a fpr. When I got mine, I adjusted it to 37ish when it was at 44, and it felt a lot better. Smelled a lot better too. lol. Good luck with the car man!

Edit: I didn't realize this thread was 5 pages long and this had already been pointed out. Sorry.

[ April 11, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: The Nick ]

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

the nick- i hate your name and your 106mph [Big Grin] [Eek!] [patriot]

--------------------
05 wrx

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha... sorry. I'll try and run it next time with the handbrake up. [Wink]

Did you get that fpr yet?

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
The Rick
¯
Member # 327

quote:
Originally posted by The Nick:
haha... sorry. I'll try and run it next time with the handbrake up. [Wink]

Did you get that fpr yet?

I actually have a aeromotive that is new that I'm going to give a shot at putting in myself. [BS flag] Here comes something broken [Embarrassed]

--------------------
05 wrx

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Norcalbmxer:
quote:
Originally posted by PseudoCobra:
Possibly your differential needs to be checked to make sure you're not doing a one legger if you are getting sidewayz like that. [Confused]

when you have a one legger, you do not get sideways, when you have a duex legger, you do get sideways
open rear gets very sideways and a lot less controllable

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com