Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Bob Kurgan Tuning November 10/11- Sacramento (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bob Kurgan Tuning November 10/11- Sacramento
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need the details. I have two customers that are interested in having Kurgan tunes done. Thank you; in advance J. [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dvuspny:
I need the details. I have two customers that are interested in having Kurgan tunes done. Thank you; in advance J. [patriot]

ALL pm's replied..

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
So what would be considered a bucket? [Confused]

post a pic of your car....lol

but in all seriousness...a car that runs, drives, has no mechanical or electrical issues...correct timing, spark plugs, fuel...basically a car that can be driven anywhere but just needs a tune....

Can he give my GSR a tune? Lol

sorry no violent UFC choke holding, buritto throwers are allowed at this event...lol

[ August 31, 2012, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would he tune a t76 h/c/i 351w with a flip switch sct chip? Or will I need to go to a standalone system?

--------------------
-American Revolution-

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by AR_Stang:
Would he tune a t76 h/c/i 351w with a flip switch sct chip? Or will I need to go to a standalone system?

he could do SCT with it...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Soooooooo frustrating when someone brings a pile of shit in that doesn't run for crap and says, "it just needs a tune right!?!?"

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
quote:

[worship] [worship] [worship]
[patriot]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

JasonGt02
¯
Member # 8402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonGt02  Ford pictures for JasonGt02    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know I've heard of this tuner before. What's crazy is my buddy just told me about him a couple weeks ago. I'm assuming he's a great tuner from the east coast with some brains for the fords. I think I might be in. I won't say names but my boosted gt got tuned 3 times and still no success! I think its a little lean in the idle and 1k - 2k range. Anyway tell me a little bit about this guy and what he's done.

What does he want fuel related wise with a f1c? I have 80lb injectors, return style, snow methanol kit ready. Also 8 rib kit on a 4.75 mod work or should I go cog? Looking to stay street and still beable to put down 900whp

--------------------
Twin Turbo Nitrous Corn Fed Auto Gt
-Wicked West Motorsports-

PM ME FOR LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICES ON ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED! I CAN GET IT ALL!!!!

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JasonGt02:
Anyway tell me a little bit about this guy and what he's done.

What does he want fuel related wise with a f1c? I have 80lb injectors, return style, snow methanol kit ready. Also 8 rib kit on a 4.75 mod work or should I go cog? Looking to stay street and still beable to put down 900whp

LOL if you don't know who Bob Kurgan is then you been sleeping on the game. No reason to tell you what he has done to prove he is good enough, just do a Google search. If you want quite possibly the best tuner in the nation, then this is him.

As far as your combo is concerned there are a few things. First is this a 2 valve or 4 valve?

1st: You aren't going to make 900 rw with 80lb injectors.

2nd: If you want it streetable and need more than 80 lb injectors, you are talking going with a $3000 full stand alone ECU. Anything more than 80's on the stock ECU and you will have issues with cruising, idling etc.

3rd: If you have an F1 and are thinking of spinning it to the moon to make 25 psi and max out the combo, you're not going to do that safely on 91 octane and a Snow meth kit.

4th: You are going to need race gas or E-85 to run that much boost, Hope you have a $2000 fuel system.

5th: Good luck lol

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by StreakMatt:
quote:
Originally posted by JasonGt02:
Anyway tell me a little bit about this guy and what he's done.

LOL if you don't know who Bob Kurgan is then you been sleeping on the game. No reason to tell you what he has done to prove he is good enough, just do a Google search. If you want quite possibly the best tuner in the nation, then this is him.

As far as your combo is concerned there are a few things. First is this a 2 valve or 4 valve?

1st: You aren't going to make 900 rw with 80lb injectors.

2nd: If you want it streetable and need more than 80 lb injectors, you are talking going with a $3000 full stand alone ECU. Anything more than 80's on the stock ECU and you will have issues with cruising, idling etc.

3rd: If you have an F1 and are thinking of spinning it to the moon to make 25 psi and max out the combo, you're not going to do that safely on 91 octane and a Snow meth kit.

4th: You are going to need race gas or E-85 to run that much boost, Hope you have a $2000 fuel system.

5th: Good luck lol

+10000 to all of the above....900RW on a streetable F1C car with pump and 80's is not going to happen... but with that being said...

Kurgan is a good all around guy and great tuner...and he also a record holding racer as well...

If you are serious, and really want to get your combo perfectly tuned...the best thing would be to email Bob and let him know your combo and you are interested in a tune in November..

bob@kurganmotorsports.com

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ID1000's will vastly outperform 80's and maintain drive ability above 800hp all day long. Pay to play though they aren't cheap injectors. As they said though maxing out an F1 on pump + meth is asking for failure. If you run E85 then that's not a problem.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

6 weeks left...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup! If anyone wants a tune from the Best, You better hurry up and let us know.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does he do Megasquirt?
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 351w:
Does he do Megasquirt?

Yes...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope people have made the appointments they have intended on.....!!!!!
Bob Kurgan is very good in this game!!!!

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who will provide the chip as I don't have one at all and how much is this tune going to run. Might be interested as I think I sorted out my blow by issue....?

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:
Who will provide the chip as I don't have one at all and how much is this tune going to run. Might be interested as I think I sorted out my blow by issue....?

Bob can provide you with everything you will need. You can purchase any items directly through him. If all you need is a chip, You can call him and purchase one. He will bring it out with him.

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strap,

Would he tune my F350? I already have it tuned with Mail order tunes on an SCT?

Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
Strap,

I'll have to ask him but sure he could since it has SCT

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
6 weeks left...

hpefully i get my cams in and he can tune it for me [patriot]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jason i emailed him but i have not heard anything back!! Ill see what happens monday!!

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 1RaW03SvT:
Jason i emailed him but i have not heard anything back!! Ill see what happens monday!!

you're in..

to everyone going..

despoits are being collected by bob right now...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
Strap,

Paul forgot to ad...he doesn't do these

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com