Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Cafords Spring Show N' BBQ/Swap Meet!!-Update Wrong Address (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cafords Spring Show N' BBQ/Swap Meet!!-Update Wrong Address
Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Cobra  Ford pictures for Ms. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
I know a guy that just started a BBQ company/restaraunt called Pops N Sons BBQ. I can ask him how much he would charge per person if you would like for him to cater. The only thing about it is that he must have a certain amount of "for sure" purchasers because he's scared that he'll lose money buying all the suplies in advance. Let me know if you'd be intersted in this Lauren [patriot]

Ask him what his deal is and let me know through pm's. If it sounds like a plan, we can definitely go from there [patriot]

Also if you guys want to go here:
Cafords Meet Flyer

Print out a bunch of these and distribute them and post them up at local high school, colleges, etc. we can get alot more publicity for this event. I know a friend at Monument Car Parts that I will be posting a flyer there as well. Please lets get the word out on this show. We have a hugh parking lot to fill!! [Smile]

Posts: 1208 | From: East Bay Area | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SpdDevl:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
I know a guy that just started a BBQ company/restaraunt called Pops N Sons BBQ. I can ask him how much he would charge per person if you would like for him to cater. The only thing about it is that he must have a certain amount of "for sure" purchasers because he's scared that he'll lose money buying all the suplies in advance. Let me know if you'd be intersted in this Lauren [patriot]

Ask him what his deal is and let me know through pm's. If it sounds like a plan, we can definitely go from there [patriot]

Also if you guys want to go here:
Cafords Meet Flyer

Print out a bunch of these and distribute them and post them up at local high school, colleges, etc. we can get alot more publicity for this event. I know a friend at Monument Car Parts that I will be posting a flyer there as well. Please lets get the word out on this show. We have a hugh parking lot to fill!! [Smile]

[patriot] Funny, you were reading my mind. During my endeavors today I ran into a bunch of people with Ford vehicles. A couple of Stangs/Cobra and a dude with a badass, lifted F-3 gazillion or whatever the F it was. Damn thing was like 800 feet off of the ground [Razz] I told them about the show and they all said they'd try and show, but I was thinkin' if I had a flyer to hand out..that'd be even better. Well, there I go, I guess. I'm about to print out a handfull.

God, I love this weather [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
....AND, yes, like Spdvl said, we have a totally killer, secluded, comfortable lot to fill. So, everyone tell a friend-type thing. Farmers Insurance Co. is totlally on our side with this. In fact I have a feeling a few of their employees will show. I saw a few Stangs in the lot [patriot] ..let's not "blow it" and have a great time. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Cobra  Ford pictures for Ms. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks to Rick and everyone else who has offered to help distribute flyers. As always, I could totally use more of you so let me know that you are doing your part to make our shows killer for everyone [patriot]

[ May 12, 2006, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: SpdDevl ]

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks to Rick and everyone else who has offered to help distribute flyers. As always, I could totally use more of you so let me know that you are doing your part to make our shows killer for everyone [patriot]

hahaha i can make a couple thousand flyers if you like for free, you can thank my mom and stanford university
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

hahaha i can make a couple thousand flyers if you like for free, you can thank my mom and stanford university
That would be awesome [worship] Thanks mom and Stanford [patriot]
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

would you like me to ship a bunch out to you so you can pass them out.
also would be it ok to slightly modify the flyer?
like have some pics of cars in the background and what not.

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

would you like me to ship a bunch out to you so you can pass them out.
also would be it ok to slightly modify the flyer?
like have some pics of cars in the background and what not.

If you would like to jazz up the flyer, by all means do so. You do not have to send them my way. I trust your judgement [patriot] Thanks!
CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SpdDevl- can you also save me 2 stickers for the car and also are you going to be selling shirts cuz i want one. i'll see you there [dance]

[ May 15, 2006, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: CobraTerritory ]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

so whats up with the bbq? ill be willing to pay for food.

also would it be possible to at some point of the meet get all the cars together for a large group pic of just the cars then another with the owners standing by them?

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

quote:
Originally posted by CobraTerritory:
SpdDevl- can you also save me 2 stickers for the car and also are you going to be selling shirts cuz i want one. i'll see you there [dance]

I can't promise anything as far as the stickers. It will be first come, first serve due to the limited amount we have left. I suggest come early if you want first pick [patriot] T-shirts will be there as well [Smile]

As far as the bbq, I am still working out details with a local catering service so as soon as I know more, I will post up. Thanks!

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can i ask why this show will be the same weekend of the biggest out of 4 goodguys shows? its gonna be hard to compete with that!!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
can i ask why this show will be the same weekend of the biggest out of 4 goodguys shows? its gonna be hard to compete with that!!

Thats where we will be! Never miss the GG summer show.

[ May 17, 2006, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: 9Venom9 ]

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Pehaps you can make both. If I remember right, the GG thing is in Pleasanton also. The GG's gig goes all weekend, maybe you can find time to stop in to see your Cafords bretheren for a few and still make the GG show. [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

UPDATE!!!!!!

Thank you SidewayzSix for the referral!!

A local BBQ catering service has agreed to host our bbq for the show!

Their name is PopNSons BBQ!!

Their Website

I hear their food is awesome and nothing tops a summer saturday better then BBQ and making some money!!!!! [patriot]

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
UPDATE!!!!!!

Their Website

I hear their food is awesome and nothing tops a summer saturday better then BBQ and making some money!!!!! [patriot]

so do we pay now or at the g2g?
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
UPDATE!!!!!!

Their Website

I'm glad you guys were able to work out the details [Whoo Whooooo!] So whats the pricing per plate?

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Good questions guys!

You will be paying them at the show. They will have a booth made up near the front entrance. Price per plate is still being worked out but shouldn't be above $8 a plate. I am trying to work out a $6 plate. I will let you know when I find out. [patriot]

[ May 18, 2006, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: SpdDevl ]

Ms. Cobra
Cafords Event Mod
Member # 1587

Just spoke to our caterer and this is what he had to say about food for the show!!!

"We will have several plates to choose from, the ribs will be $8 a plate and the chicken will be $7.00. Both plates come with baked beans, corn on the cob, and garlic bread. We will also have (Cheese)burgers which will be around $4.50 or so. They will be worth it, we dont believe in little hamburgers. Also there will be hot links, hot dogs, chips, soda and water. So we will have something for every price range."

I hope that sounds good to everyone!

See you all at the show. Even if its stopping by on your way to another prior engagement [patriot]

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pops N Sons BBQ [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

MrDgroze
¯
Member # 6800

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrDgroze  Ford pictures for MrDgroze  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up people. David from Pop n Sons BBQ here. Just letting you all know that the que will be off the hook. You will not be dissapointed, so I want to see a long line at my booth lol. Hopefully we can do more events in the future together... See you all at the show...

[ May 18, 2006, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Pop N Sons Bar-B-Que ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure if I can make the show just yet. If I can make it I'll be sure and bring all the shirts I have in stock.

If I can't make the show I'll get the shirts to Lauren so she can coordinate someone to sell them.

Blue shirts are $10 each OR $15 for two

Red shirts are $15 each OR $25 for two

SIZES OF SHIRTS ARE POSTED IN THE "STORE" SECTION AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

As you can see there aren't a ton of shirts left so if you want to reserve a shirt then use the paypal feature and buy it now and wear the shirt to the show!!!

FREE SHIPPING ON ANY SIZE ORDER [patriot]

thoroughbred
¯
Member # 6651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thoroughbred  Ford pictures for thoroughbred    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this event restricted to cafords members?
I have a group that will be together on this day and we'd like to swing by

--------------------
'95 v6 -sold
'85 ex chp notch -sold
'85 lx - sold
'98 nitrous fed gt vert -sold
'89 black lx -show car

Posts: 46 | From: s. san jose | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by thoroughbred:

It's always cool to meet new folks. If ya own a Ford, swing on by. Even if ya wanna just come by and look, eat some bbq, that's more-than-fine, too [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by thoroughbred:

no only to registered user with at least to 45 posts and people who go dumb and hyphy
[Whoo Whooooo!]
j/k
haha i think im loosing it [Frown]

[ May 19, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com