Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » ran the notch at sac raceway yesterday (pics) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ran the notch at sac raceway yesterday (pics)
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run 17 degrees on my motor, but its ~8.5:1 compression if not a tad lower lol...waiting for boost >.<

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
distributor must have been a tooth off.ive never heard of a fox getting that much timing on pump gas

I put 16 degrees into my fox on pump gas with the Blower...it can be done...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with meth inj???

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
don't listen to all these knuckleheads telling you that you need suspension.

You need slicks/DRs and some seat time.

You should shave over a second off your times with the above...

best of luck

and then it would be a 14 sec car with SLICKS!

are you kidding me?

[ March 12, 2009, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
with meth inj???

nope...kit is not on yet

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only real way to set your timming is buy checking the total at around 3000. You need at least 34 on a stock headed car NA. I am pretty sure the fox body computer adds 16 degrees from your base set up. If it were my coupe I would add gears and drag radials. Those tires are going to suck for hooking up. I bet your 60 foot was 2.2 or higher.

[ March 12, 2009, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DELETE

[ March 14, 2009, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: 1HaTCheD5LiTEr ]

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Chevron 91 and in my 87 with 127,000 miles running 16 degrees of timing running on Chevron 87 daily.

LOL i was runnin about 17-18 when i bought my car
ran it on 87 no problem
of course i didn't set it that high...bought it like that [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
BRUCE LEE
¯
Member # 8946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRUCE LEE  Ford pictures for BRUCE LEE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats your trap speed by the way?

--------------------
**99 Z28 M6 - H/C/MOSER 3.89**
[[ www.NewtechPerformance.com: 426whp/406wtq ]]
>>11.437 @ 121.247 - 1.6 60'<<

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol u guys turned this thread into a i am better than u thread...this is the real truth-

u just got ur car dude. u gotta learn how to drive it. u dont need slicks or even drag radials yet. my first time at the track i ran a 15.1 also with a mild bolt on 94vert. got lots of seat time and then the times got better. thats all. learn your car and if u want to keep ur car from blowing up then i would not jack up the timing. dont listen to that. if u dont know alot about tuning cars in or even workin on them i really suggest u dont mess with it. just learn to drive ur car and u will improve.

next once u get down to low 14s with that setup then get gears and nitto drs. mt or bfg drs are still too much for that set up. u will bog and hurt ur times more thn help them. i ran a 14.0 on a stock 5.0 lx hatch with only mod a off road h pipe and k&n filter! its about driving skills!!!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ /\ good advice but you will be on the very slow road for along time. Why waste all the lessons learned by others? If you want to continue to drag race your mustang(if you care if you get fatser) might as well get the gears and some drag radials if you can afford it. Everbody else out there your racing already has them. You have to go through a learning curve with them also.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive drivin in that car before if its the one from fresno. It runs good and pulls just as hard as mine and i pull a 13.8. It sounds nice as hell though. Dont let them burst your bubble, all you can do it get better from there!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey if you make it to the track and and you make it home with some passes under the belt thats a good day to me but as i found out lots of people out there wanna rain on your parade anyone whos totally negative bout your runs tell em screw off cause they aint gettin paid to race or walkin on water, the ones to listen to are those who congradulate you for goin then give a little advice or constructive critisism -see ya at the track

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh i test drove that car too when it was for sale and i thought it was dope (and like i said i dont get paid to race) but it sounds like if you get some dr's and a coupla more runs down the track you'll be stoked with what that car can do good luck

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
85gtcarbro8du-up
¯
Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
don't listen to all these knuckleheads telling you that you need suspension.

You need slicks/DRs and some seat time.

You should shave over a second off your times with the above...

best of luck

listen to this fuggin guy right heeeere. [sopranos voice]
you do need slicks/dr's and some seat time. but lemme tell you from experience, please! dont just put money into gettin the car to hella hook. i did that and wish i would have done some susp first. as a result of gettin the car to hook without susp my floorboards ripped out which is a common 5.0 fox thing. and even after i put subframe connectors on; where my back seat and trans tunnel meet-the metal started ripping open like a can of tuna... and last but definitely not least; my lower control arms are ripping away from the body of the car. [torque box fix needed asap] lesson learned by experience. trust me

[ April 22, 2009, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: 85gtcarbro8du-up ]

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Really knuckleheads huh?? Do you race competively or just run on play days? Do you know anything about a car and how it reacts on the track? Guess not with that comment.

I agree he needs lots and lots of seat time. That's the only way to get better.

BTW, the dude you were quoting ran 13.0 in a 93 Notch with stock longblock, mild bolt on's, gears, & slicks...Pretty damn good if you ask me....

[ April 23, 2009, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com