Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal-LS1 Summer Domestic EFI Shootout 2007 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Norcal-LS1 Summer Domestic EFI Shootout 2007
dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dinols1z  Ford pictures for dinols1z    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There should be a few in the outlaw class. I believe in the past we have always had a good enough turnout that all the classes had a good amount of cars running.

-Dino

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just came back from the Con and Fordyce back to back weekends. The Niagara Rim PokeHER Run is on the 7th. Isn't your event on the 8th? You still going to go? Niagara Rim looks nice. Kinda mild from what I heard. But nice scenery.

I believe there were only 2 cars in Outlaw last time at the efi shootout?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dinols1z  Ford pictures for dinols1z    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I just came back from the Con and Fordyce back to back weekends. The Niagara Rim PokeHER Run is on the 7th. Isn't your event on the 8th? You still going to go? Niagara Rim looks nice. Kinda mild from what I heard. But nice scenery.

I believe there were only 2 cars in Outlaw last time at the efi shootout?

Yeah I will probably still go, Its not my rig so I can just camp out friday night, wheel on saturday, leave Sunday Morning in my camaro and head out to sacramento. No matter what though my girlfriends dad wil be taking his jeep for sure.

-Dino

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
The Norcal-LS1/LT1 Car Club is proud to present our Summer Domestic EFI Shootout 2007

This event will follow in the tradition of the six previous Norcal Shootouts and will be a fun event which provides a Competition Environment Specialized for our Cars! Come join us for some fun drag racing in the sun, running into the cool (FAST) evening air! The snack bar will be open and the Sacramento Raceway team will be there for teching up to NHRA standards, and we will be classing the vehicles accordingly.

Classes [Payout 1st/2nd]
  • 11.50 and slower bracket [$80/40]
  • 11.49 and faster bracket [$100/50]
  • Truck bracket [$100/50]
  • EFI Motor Swap [$100/50]
  • EFI Stock and Bolton (No Cam Swaps, Ported Heads Etc.) [$80/40]
  • EFI Stock Shortblock (Heads & Cam Okay) [$100/50]
  • EFI Internally Modified (Stroker Etc.) [$100/50]
  • EFI Stock Shortblock + Power Adder (nitrous/turbo/SC – Heads & Cam Okay) [$125/60]
  • EFI Internally Modified Power Adder (nitrous/turbo/SC – Head & Cam Okay + Stroker, Forged Low Compression Etc.) [$150/75]
  • Carb (Fun Run Class to Allow Carbed Cars Runs) [No Payout]
  • Outlaw [$250/$100]

ONE FREE T-SHIRT WITH EACH OF THE 1ST 100 TECH CARDS SOLD!

Date: July 8, 2007

Time: GATES OPEN AT 12-NOON, FIRST PASS AT 1PM, RACING UNTIL 8PM!!!!

Cost: $60 Per Tech Card, $10 Per Person Through the Gate

What happend to the 2 stroker motor classes? Last year it was something like under 355 cubes raced together then the bigger strokers raced together????

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I have a few friends that are going to your event so I may go and hang with them. I wasn't going to go since TJ doesn't want my car there. I think he's worried that all the cars, except the ones in outlaw, will get crushed by me and my lil supra. Import taking over the world!!!!

Have fun in your g/f's dad's jeep. I'm sure its going to be a blast at Niagara Rim.

--------------------

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

I would definitley like to see your supra sometime. I am a huge fan of imports. I used to own a crx and del sol. I was ( and still am) into import cars.

Eventually I am going to get another import. In a couple years I want to get either a 240sx or rx7. Then do a ls1 swap.

-Dino

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Those cars would make good motor swaps for ls1's. Aren't there a few of the ls1 rx7's around? I used to own a 93 rx7 that car was fun to drive. But I sold it after getting a supra.

I know of a few 240sx and 240z supra swaps and they all run 8s. Kinda cool being so light with so much hp.

--------------------

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Yeah a couple guys on NorCal-Ls1 have rx7 Ls1's. Jason actually had his bar'd/smoggged. He sold it a couple months back. It was a bad ass car.

Aram ( norcal member ) has a 88-91rx7 turboII with a ls1. It hit a 9.9 @ 140+. Pretty much a stock motor too. Smog legal heads/cam, Intake, Shorty or mid length headers (cant remember) and a 125 shot on slicks no roll bar either. All in all I guess it has got less than 10k invested into it, including the cost of the car.

But yeah Hinson supercars has kits for 240sx/rx7 ls1 swaps.

Shock drifting performance in san jose actually specializes in those swaps. They have a couple track cars. My buddy works their part time and I have been meaning to pass by there and check it out. Here is there link
(sdp-online.com)

We usually have a few 240sx/rx7 ls1 cars come to our shootout.

-Dino

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Just so everyone knows, The track will be prepped!! Also brng your sunscreen and a big hat, it is going to be hot, but atleast from 4-8pm the weather should start to cool off.

I am going to purchase a sombrero to keep my neck and face out of the sun. LOL

-Dino

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
......so is anyone going [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
......so is anyone going [Confused]

That's a good question, there doesn't seem to be much interest on this site.

--------------------

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Soooooooooooooo Whos going to make it?!?!? It is only 3 days away.

-Dino

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forecast says 101 degrees at 5pm + add another 20+ degrees on the track.... I don't really want to sit in a hot-ass car with a helmet & fire jacket. LOL
We'll be sitting this one out...

I don't even think I'll make it out to watch this time. Just too damn hot.

Too bad Norcal scheduled it in July.... I have a feeling turnout will be lower than in the past. & due to the heat, there will probably be quite a few problems.

Next time Mid/late October & Late April/Early May. Some of the best times for Drag events IMO....& racing till 10pm when it gets down right chilly that time of year.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Letsrunem
¯
Member # 6305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Letsrunem  Ford pictures for Letsrunem    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im coming but I have a few questions. My buddies dad has a 67 camaro he wanted to bring but it doesnt have an ls1 can he still come and race? And also my dad has an ls2 in his vette can he race?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Forecast says 101 degrees at 5pm + add another 20+ degrees on the track.... I don't really want to sit in a hot-ass car with a helmet & fire jacket. LOL

Too bad Norcal scheduled it in July.... I have a feeling turnout will be lower than in the past. & due to the heat, there will probably be quite a few problems.

Next time Mid/late October & Late April/Early May. Some of the best times for Drag events IMO....& racing till 10pm when it gets down right chilly that time of year.

My thoughts exactly [Roll Eyes]

I know we live out here in Cali and shouldn't complain too much but for me to make a 2 hour travel to and from, plus weather, plus racing expenses [Frown]

Hate to say it but i'd rather wait until conditions are right for good #'s

As you can tell i'm not much of a competitive money racer just looking for my best times at the track [patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

quote:
Originally posted by Letsrunem:
Im coming but I have a few questions. My buddies dad has a 67 camaro he wanted to bring but it doesnt have an ls1 can he still come and race? And also my dad has an ls2 in his vette can he race?

Any domestic car can race. For your friend in the 67 camaro there is a carb calss and a bracket class. If he gets eliminated there is a "loser/grudge" lane.

-Dino

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

quote:

I didnt mean to schedule it for July but it was the only date available when I called in January, but My thoughts are to schedule next years events this year LOL and not screw up the Social director for next year.

Also our next event will be in September, So track temps should be cooler.

-Dino

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dinols1z:
quote:

I didnt mean to schedule it for July but it was the only date available when I called in January, but My thoughts are to schedule next years events this year LOL and not screw up the Social director for next year.

Also our next event will be in September, So track temps should be cooler.

-Dino

I have been to the last 3 or 4 event's but am going to have to sit this one out due to a plugged up cat. Looking forward to the next event though [patriot] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

dinols1z
¯
Member # 7722

Just remove the cats for the weekend. J/K

See you in September then.

-Dino

Lockdown2018GT
¯
Member # 5735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lockdown2018GT  Ford pictures for Lockdown2018GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will be too hot, so it is a NO GO for me.
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So who's going?

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
i`m going.
i hope i`m not going to be the only mustang out there.what happend to all the cars from cafords talking about,"i got this much HP,bla,bla,bla,i got this-that ect.
oooooooooo well,i`m still repn CAFORDS.
i`ll see you guys at the hayward show. [Roll Eyes]

[ July 06, 2007, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: carajo ]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me out.

The heat, coupled with the death of a friend today(motorcycle accident)...I'm not really down for racing.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
KevinL
¯
Member # 2428

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for KevinL  Ford pictures for KevinL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this event bracket racing or fastest car in class wins? For example does outlaw class bracket race?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KevinL:
Is this event bracket racing or fastest car in class wins? For example does outlaw class bracket race?

Only the Braket classes are Braket.
Heads up in all the others.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com